Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Rethinking CB?

Rethinking CB?

Ok, so FC

You rethinking/ reworking CB nano? It still is rediculously overpowered

Quote Originally Posted by Tutifruti View Post
    Ok, so FC

You rethinking/ reworking CB nano? It still is rediculously overpowered
    It is being nerfed. It's losing the other half of the combination that -really- makes people whine, complain and shout nerf in the midst of a flood of tears about the nano.

That other half being LE nukes.

No one cried or complained about CB until LE nukes came along. LE nukes are going away.

/thread.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

It should still be removable (if duration is not getting shortened), with some kind of lockout (because it's silly to force recharge on heavily dependent nanocast prof), higher def check (at least 75% - working on higher nano abilities should yield higher chance of landing this shizzle), shorter duration (30 sec, because 1 minute duration or higher is too long for any debuff) and lower debuff amount (500 on this and less on lower versions), to make it balanced in the future encounters.

It's not only about LE nukes.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9001 View Post
    It should still be removable (if duration is not getting shortened), with some kind of lockout (because it's silly to force recharge on heavily dependent nanocast prof), higher def check (at least 75% - working on higher nano abilities should yield higher chance of landing this shizzle), shorter duration (30 sec, because 1 minute duration or higher is too long for any debuff) and lower debuff amount (500 on this and less on lower versions), to make it balanced in the future encounters.

It's not only about LE nukes.
    If it isn't only about LE nukes, how come no one, you included, ever complained about it before LE nukes?

That said, it's no secret I'm in full agreement that virus scanners should remove CB. Beyond that, with the removal of LE nukes, no further nerfing is needed or necessary. The people NTs need the nano against the most can already get enough NR to counter the current 55% check semi regularly and those opponents are dangerous enough that the 1s capped cast is enough of a drawback. That, however, may change with the runspeed changes, but we need to see what those changes are, first. Currently, anyone in mass PvP can cover 35m to get to the NT while they're casting the nano.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    If it isn't only about LE nukes, how come no one, you included, ever complained about it before LE nukes?
    Because there were barely 2 PvP NTs before LE nukes introduction.

Blimey, if CB is so OP you'd think there'd be swarms of them.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Blimey, if CB is so OP you'd think there'd be swarms of them.
    It was not OP enough by itself, to justify creation of myriad of level 220 NTs. It doesn't mean that all those NTs that were rolled, will just disappear once LE nukes go away.

That's all.

Yes, LE nukes where horribly designed. But not that bad at tl7. The fact that an NT can turn my 2.9k NR that I have have sacrificed a lot of offense to get into negative 100 NR...that is very OP.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

And look how many there are now, including some who claim to "hate" LE nukes.
    Last edited by Musold; Jan 24th, 2010 at 01:21:30.
    Muank - 220/22/66 enfo.

Quote Originally Posted by Musold View Post
    And look how many there are now, including some who claim to "hate" LE nukes.
    Yes, barely 50.

If you are going to nerf the classes by looking at how many are using them for PvP, Soldiers and Enforcers need a major nerf.
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

I think LE nukes were fine. NT's needed an alpha, their DPS (raw dps) pre-LE was actually pretty damn good if not the best, they just had no spike.

Now that this isn't (will not be?) an issue, LE nukes could go, but they'll be replaced with something else which performs the same function, (or NT's will be garbage) so I really don't see why people are arguing about this
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Well as a NT I see the reason why, cause CB + LE nukes and the fact that NT no longer are glasscannons is pretty OP.
    With the LE nukes gone, NT wont realy need CB that much, but I bet we will get some sort hard hit to compensate for the loss of LE nukes.
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

Quote Originally Posted by Autofil View Post
    Well as a NT I see the reason why, cause CB + LE nukes and the fact that NT no longer are glasscannons is pretty OP.
    With the LE nukes gone, NT wont realy need CB that much, but I bet we will get some sort hard hit to compensate for the loss of LE nukes.
    I just want to pre empt ppl saying that nt's are in fact glass cannon and DO need wtfpwn nukes by showing these two pictures

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...lfk/before.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...alfk/after.jpg

I'm aware that it's a bit hard to make up what's happening, but I can tell you. It's an nt tanking 3 endgame soldiers while capping mid, and then running away and surviving.

An advie could do that and perhaps an engi too. Maybe. But glasscannon, heck no.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    I just want to pre empt ppl saying that nt's are in fact glass cannon and DO need wtfpwn nukes by showing these two pictures

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...lfk/before.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...alfk/after.jpg

I'm aware that it's a bit hard to make up what's happening, but I can tell you. It's an nt tanking 3 endgame soldiers while capping mid, and then running away and surviving.

An advie could do that and perhaps an engi too. Maybe. But glasscannon, heck no.
    Shoulda chased him a bit, he was soon going to be out of ammo to chain Doubles on you with.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Shoulda chased him a bit, he was soon going to be out of ammo to chain Doubles on you with.
    My post is about a glass cannon tanking 3 soldiers who supposedly have awesomelywtfpwn offense, while capping mid and getting away. Nothing else.

ps. I did try to chase but I got rooted.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    My post is about a glass cannon tanking 3 soldiers who supposedly have awesomelywtfpwn offense, while capping mid and getting away. Nothing else.

ps. I did try to chase but I got rooted.
    Any 220 soldier can do exactly the same. Only for 80 seconds, not 25.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Yes, reworking CB to be more in line with today's gameplay, which involves more NTs in game.
    Today's game play will be irrelevant, since today's game play involves LE nukes, which are going away.

Which leaves roots as the only other nano that CB is used as a facilitator for. That and perks, but aad won't be affecting perks any more.

You're crying nerf, without a reason to. If CB will be over powering the completely new toolset that it looks like NTs will be getting (including not even knowing if CB will still exist, or be relevant) then there will be something to talk about.

The number of NTs is irrelevant. Especially as the CB nano itself, as admitted by you, had no effect on the popularity of NTs. Their viability in PvP did.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Today's game play will be irrelevant, since today's game play involves LE nukes, which are going away.
    Replacement of LE nukes doesn't mean that all those NTs will go away.

The number of NTs is irrelevant. Especially as the CB nano itself, as admitted by you, had no effect on the popularity of NTs. Their viability in PvP did.
    It doesn't mean that their viability in PvP will change when LE nukes are gone, which still makes number of NTs as a relevant concern in potential CB OP'dness in the future.

Which is all pure speculation. As I said, the room for discussion or grounds for nerfing doesn't yet exist.

So like I said, it's another groundless wah wah nerf NTs thread before even knowing if it'll be necessary. So knock it off.

Or we can start a series of threads about MPs, groundless of course, based upon speculation about the vague proposals we've seen so far. How about we start with that nano damage perk?
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast