Thread: Making Old School Scopes worth something, without touching them!!!

Making Old School Scopes worth something, without touching them!!!

OK, after you nerf the Old School LLTS, simply change the TS-VE's to go in Hud1 instead of 3, then remove the init debuffs from LLTS!!!

There ya go, you can nerf the LLTS, tweak the VEs and make people happy!!!

Ohh no..... wait, making people happy would be wrong

Re: Making Old School Scopes worth something, without touching them!!!

Originally posted by Pays007
    Ohh no..... wait, making people happy would be wrong
    Usually making people happy involves unbalancing the game.

We shud have a poll on that..

Uhh, your car / yalm goes in Hud1. No one in their right mind would sacrifice having to get all those perception buffs again just to stick a scope on. That would be ludicris.
    Rocco "Naels" Capone
    Atrox Martial Artist, Atlantean

Enforcer Is The Nerfest Prof <-- The dumbest thread in the entire forums!

Arrow

If the game is perfectly "balanced" on paper (people throw the word around a lot, and often their version means they are uber and anything they don't like is not) and no one is happy, is that a good thing?

Granted his idea sounds like a way for everyone to keep a real high crit value, and probably wouldn't fly.

BTW Voislav, raise runspeed. I rarely use my yalm, only on trips to places without good whompa/grid points nearby. Fixers wouldn't have to care, thats for sure
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Wrong.

Slot 1 is for my Yatamutchy extender for outdoors hunting.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

I still don't see how 6 points on crit is sooo uber and must be nerfed. I paid good $ for my scope and I wanna keep it just how it is.

Originally posted by Voislav
    Uhh, your car / yalm goes in Hud1. No one in their right mind would sacrifice having to get all those perception buffs again just to stick a scope on. That would be ludicris.
    If it was the other way around, with the old LLTS going in Hud1, I'd do it. Yalm's kinda handy, but as a fixer with going on 1300 runspeed, it's not that big a loss. I'd only lose the ability to go to one or two places.

Then again, I've posted before that I think AO would be a better game were the Yalm to have never existed, so take that how you will.

Also, keep in mind that other classes could simply either a) self-buff their perception back (advs), or fly without a Yalm (MPs). So it wouldn't shaft everyone.

Talking

No! Don't just remove the init debuff, make it an init boost! And I want to crit EVERY HIT! Make me happy! Screw all the others who I am going to kill in 3 shots in the arena! Hahaha!

i dont see what the fuss is about the LLTS. The scopes themselves are a bizatch to put on for most classes. For instance myself a soldier with dark blue EE and lighter blue WS. And second of all the init penalties are viscious as shaat. The high end so-called "unbalancing" scopes have insane minus inits that can slow u down to half your fire speed before.

Ill show myself for example, i have 450 init with a 8% scope only with the 3 200 clusters 2 200 kevlar pads and nomad jubilee chestplate?(i dont like to rely on OS which i cant selfcast) lvl 156 has to struggle to get 450 init?!? and dont tell me a 8% a less then 1 out of 10 chance to crit is that good at all. i think their fine atm. at the very most they can use a small init or range tweak i think.
    Last edited by Kalashnakof; Oct 8th, 2002 at 07:26:44.
    Kalashnakof [Over 170 LvLs Served]
    The Few, The Proud, The Unendowed
    The Troxy Soldiers of Pax Romana
    [!!!]Demands[!!!]
    [!]AR/RE 80/40 from 66/33
    [!]Nophex drop off Notum Trainie
    [!]Still waiting for AirStrike MK1-10...

Originally posted by Kalashnakof
    i dont see what the fuss is about the LLTS. The scopes themselves are a bizatch to put on for most classes. For instance myself a soldier with dark blue EE and lighter blue WS. And second of all the init penalties are viscious as shaat. The high end so-called "unbalancing" scopes have insane minus inits that can slow u down to half your fire speed before.

Ill show myself for example, i have 450 init with a 8% scope only with the 3 200 clusters 2 200 kevlar pads and nomad jubilee chestplate?(i dont like to rely on OS which i cant selfcast) lvl 156 has to struggle to get 450 init?!? and dont tell me a 8% a less then 1 out of 10 chance to crit is that good at all. i think their fine atm. at the very most they can use a small init or range tweak i think.

now look at a 15% scope, add 3% for being alive, add 1% per title level, put an MA buff on and voila you are critting 3-4 in 10, that is almost half of the time. Now lets say you ARE an ma, you crit more than half of the time.

imbalancing? only if there are few with this ability. either drop llts or nerf them, one or the other. Just my 2 creds
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Not too imbalancing, because non crit MA hits aren't very impressive at all
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Originally posted by Coldbird
    Also, keep in mind that other classes could simply either a) self-buff their perception back (advs), or fly without a Yalm (MPs). So it wouldn't shaft everyone.
    Hey adventurers can fly without a yalm! Only 80 more levels to go!
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

yeah and adventurers get to fly without looking all femmy like MPs. Back in my days of wearing nanocloaks, Id get at least one perv an hour trying to look up my "dress".
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Obsoleet Thread

According to the New York Times (I think) They are going to Nerf the scope Nerf...

In other words, they aren't doing it anymore... or at least its not going to be that bad. Ill try to find the link and post it here.

Re: Re: Making Old School Scopes worth something, without touching them!!!

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

Do you think that because you are.... super gimp? You picked the 'best' profession but couldnt play it or you just have 1 char. You dont want ANYONE to be better than your Super Gimp so you call for nerfs instead of the NEEDED fix.
    AsclepIIus - Evil Doc
    AsclepIIIus - PvP Twink

TSO Link Please click on it and make my friend happy

when the game is balanaced ppl ***** just as much as when it isn't, it's just that at that point what they say is pure whining, not based on any actual problems, just cuz ur a bitter power gamer doesn't mean u hafta hate on others clankiller4
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

The original Goddess of Stabbitty Death