Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Risky business?

Quote Originally Posted by Capncaveman View Post
    well Ms. neutral rights activist, if you wanna be your own side , then be one. you get your own spawn point in bs and lets remember that 9 people to start is less than 12 it would be a little more about defending your points rather than neuts just joining the winning side. like I said be your own faction, and just maybe if one side doesnt have enough players it can still run with out that point being available to cap I.E. more fun not just an epeen factory that fc created.... who knows maybe other levels of bs would run also
    Making blind, ignorant assumptions don't get you anywhere.

I can speak for myself and my org. I play the side with less people. Period. That means that I swap sides often since people /ragequit when they get quad capped. We even have org rules against side swapping. We're not all as self-absorbed as you make us out to be, and I'll kindly ask you to cut the insulting.

When was the last BS round you did with 3 neutrals in it? Especially now with side swap forms post 200... It's alot less than once a day. Nice suggestion to kill Battlestation for everyone bro. Seriously. Pretty much all of us agree with the best solution is, and it's not make BS harder to get running.
    and as far as buying alts , go to ely and try find a team for xp where there isn't a 220 doc/enf tanking all the hecks from jc to sh for 6 whole people it would eliminate the massive power level only crowd and leave the beach open for people that dont mind leveling the old fashioned way for the game experience...... you know kill and level and have the chance of dying rather than 6 140's on kite hill in med suits
    It just so happens that I'm leveling an alt through Ely right now. I haven't had any trouble getting up to 100 by pickup teams for tiigs, spiders, dragons, statics, and I'm regearing so I can be useful on heck teams.

On the other hand, you know what I do when people are stingy with Hecks in an area? I stand by their group on a 220 NT and I kill all their hecks with Cataclysm. Alternatively I load my doc or agent and use CH to screw up their aggro horribly bad which ruins the XP from the hecks forcing them to all be killed before they will give xp again.

Buying alts isn't the solution. Alternative means to grind through these really sucky level ranges (80-110) is the real solution we need.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    It just so happens that I'm leveling an alt through Ely right now. I haven't had any trouble getting up to 100 by pickup teams for tiigs, spiders, dragons, statics, and I'm regearing so I can be useful on heck teams.
    QFT. I think I've had more fun helping level your new alt than I've had on any other toon in Ely. We've explored pretty much the whole zone now, with the exception of Tinker Tower and had some good xp, great Oh S**t moments, and definitely a better appreciation for just how much there is to do in Ely besides /lft ely kite team or /lft ely hecks pocket only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Making blind, ignorant assumptions don't get you anywhere.

I can speak for myself and my org. I play the side with less people. Period. That means that I swap sides often since people /ragequit when they get quad capped. We even have org rules against side swapping. We're not all as self-absorbed as you make us out to be, and I'll kindly ask you to cut the insulting.
    so what are you org rules on side swapping, can you or not? you said you have rules against it, but you do it in the same paragraph

On the other hand, you know what I do when people are stingy with Hecks in an area? I stand by their group on a 220 NT and I kill all their hecks with Cataclysm. Alternatively I load my doc or agent and use CH to screw up their aggro horribly bad which ruins the XP from the hecks forcing them to all be killed before they will give xp again.
    So rather than deal with it, /rageemo log a 220 to screw up someone elses team, Wow, I'm insulting but you are an idiot. so you admit to intentionally being a dick and forcing them to all get killed. now where did I put that Eula. hmm isnt that bannable and slightly self absorbed?

well since others dont share your /emoragetrainthemallwahhhhhhhhhhhh behaviour, You missed the point. and just yesterday I was in bs with more than 3 side swappers. but if your inability to read means You didnt understand that it would run with on less side as a suggestion. which would be 3 people per side (i.e). less people and maybe... just maybe get other levels of bs to run as well. but by all means go back to /ragetraining people and enjoy your truly meaningless existance
    and the ms neutral rights activist comment came from the bottom of your post .
    because I repeated what you say in your own signature is rude. and that neutrals should be their own faction. Isnt that what the activist want? to be recognized as its own faction?
    once again go /emorage somewhere else

Now in case I wasn't clear in the first post and I may not have been, as it was quite late
    BS having 3 points to cap. clan, neut and omni
    less people to start. minimum 2 factions, 3 people per and would mean the missing factions point isn't available to cap
    it would mean more fun, more geared toward defending your own point, than strait coon quad capping and the fact that other levels might be able to get running for more casual players since all of tl 2,5,7 are the only ones that run even semi regularly and are filled with people that care more about padding pvp titles killing greenies or casual players that just need vp
    Last edited by Capncaveman; Jan 28th, 2010 at 04:36:18.
    what if the hokey pokey?...is what its all about
    I AM BORED!!!!
    Capnsfix, Capncaveman, Denamari, Monkeylips, and boatloads of others
    Insanity inc. still waiting on our in game strait jacket

Personally I play in tl2 BS cuz it's actually pretty fun.
    There are a lot of neutrals mainly to fill in the side thats lacking to get it to run.
    Most of them take it upon themselves to make sure the sides are as even as possible to make it more fun.

Yes there are some who just flip flop for more VP but it's very few.
    And some of the neuts switch sides for the purpose of ganking the side swappers who are just after VP xD

My tl2 is omni, but if neutral app forms were put in game I'd use it.
    Giving up a tower site and a ql300 city, for the ability to get the thing to run more.
    (Yes I know the bonus' are small at that level, but if you look at the bonus as a percentage of whats available to the toon it's the same.)
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

so what are you org rules on side swapping, can you or not? you said you have rules against it, but you do it in the same paragraph

So rather than deal with it, /rageemo log a 220 to screw up someone elses team, Wow, I'm insulting but you are an idiot. so you admit to intentionally being a dick and forcing them to all get killed. now where did I put that Eula. hmm isnt that bannable and slightly self absorbed?

well since others dont share your /emoragetrainthemallwahhhhhhhhhhhh behaviour, You missed the point. and just yesterday I was in bs with more than 3 side swappers. but if your inability to read means You didnt understand that it would run with on less side as a suggestion. which would be 3 people per side (i.e). less people and maybe... just maybe get other levels of bs to run as well. but by all means go back to /ragetraining people and enjoy your truly meaningless existance
    and the ms neutral rights activist comment came from the bottom of your post .
    because I repeated what you say in your own signature is rude. and that neutrals should be their own faction. Isnt that what the activist want? to be recognized as its own faction?
    once again go /emorage somewhere else

Now in case I wasn't clear in the first post and I may not have been, as it was quite late
    BS having 3 points to cap. clan, neut and omni
    less people to start. minimum 2 factions, 3 people per and would mean the missing factions point isn't available to cap
    it would mean more fun, more geared toward defending your own point, than strait coon quad capping and the fact that other levels might be able to get running for more casual players since all of tl 2,5,7 are the only ones that run even semi regularly and are filled with people that care more about padding pvp titles killing greenies or casual players that just need vp
    Mixed side BS > Your idea. In pretty much every way.

When people are willing to play nicely at Ely hecks, I will too. When children can't learn to share the toy, take the toy away. Don't give them both the same toy.

My org has rules against side swapping, unless you swap to the losing side because it has less people. You have problems with Neutrals helping BS run?

Cleared up for you? Or do you have some other great ideas to throw out?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

still missing the point of other levels of bs running, if the amount of people per side is less to start.
    but once again. Oh nevermind, too easy
    what if the hokey pokey?...is what its all about
    I AM BORED!!!!
    Capnsfix, Capncaveman, Denamari, Monkeylips, and boatloads of others
    Insanity inc. still waiting on our in game strait jacket

still missing the point of other levels of bs running, if the amount of people per side is less to start.
    but once again. Oh nevermind, too easy
    There's far more reason those TLs don't run, believe me. You can't narrow it down to such a simple reason as you have.

Mixed side BS. It's the best solution. Imagine signing up for BS, being clanner number 2, and watching the omni/neutrals go in and duke it out while you sit in the queue bored until you leave. Yeah, it's a great idea
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

As much as I (the OP) enjoy skipping through these last pages full of discussion about neutrals, that's not what the thread is about.
    Could you move this discussion to pm or another thread?

Anyone got an idea how to fix Keepers?

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Anyone got an idea how to fix Keepers?
    McKnuckle has over 9000!!!!
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

The only thing over 9000 in this thread is the amount of flames, so it's closing now.
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234