Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shadowbreeds and New Balance

Shadowbreeds and New Balance

I'd like to compare the Clan and Omni Shadowbreeds aoe-effects.

Since was released Shadowlands, HP amounts of players has increased, also significantly increased damage.

According to published data, players damage in the near future will grow even more.

Now let's look Shadowbreeds.

As you can see, omni SB inflict fixed damage, and the clan SB absorb any attacks, heal and buff ADD.

In equal conditions, Shadowbreeds must compensate and neutralize each other. However, players damage was increased, HP increased too – protective effects of clan SB has more efficient, but AoE effects on the omni versions was nerfed.

Let us explain - for the time until the protective effects active, clans have more time to kill more omni. Given that HP has become more, Omni SB has become less effective.

Given that the SB is usually applied to Tarasque, usually all the players at this point are ready to use SB.

Given that the competent organization, all players of the clans, these effects can remain permanently - we get a significant imbalance.

My proposals

1. Enlarge damage on Omni-SB
    2. Make it so that the positive effects of clan SB could not be kept constantly active.
    3. New Balance idea
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

dude, it's the omni SB with the aoe root that initially destroyed mass PvP in this game, well not for Omni, but without an opponent I can't see how fun that is, and it never recovered at high level. The whole SB stuff is like many of the bad additions that the shadowlands expansion brought.
    Tergx 220 Atrox Trader | 220 Soli doc | 220 Enf & other toons
    Synergy Factor org ~ APPLY HERE

When readin replies in AO forums, just remember ........ there is no cure for stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria View Post
    Come on, it took me just 5 minutes to kill a level 178 MA with health-drains and trader pets...our toolset does work

Double damage effect on omni SBs should be the number one change on new SB templates.

Quote Originally Posted by Tergxj View Post
    dude, it's the omni SB with the aoe root that initially destroyed mass PvP in this game.
    Clan solitus SB have Root/Stun/Snare remover.
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    Clan solitus SB have Root/Stun/Snare remover.
    Which did not remove the SB root.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    yup, but his post still doesn't change the reality of what it did in the first place. Some things cannot be undone to a point where everything goes back to normal.
    SB's suck as a whole, but it doesn't matter because they aren't going anywhere, nor should they be made more powerful, imo.
    Tergx 220 Atrox Trader | 220 Soli doc | 220 Enf & other toons
    Synergy Factor org ~ APPLY HERE

When readin replies in AO forums, just remember ........ there is no cure for stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria View Post
    Come on, it took me just 5 minutes to kill a level 178 MA with health-drains and trader pets...our toolset does work

also neglecting to mention that a single offensive SB can be used much more efficiently then a single defensive SB...

make SB's the same for all sides if you really want balance
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Remove all the AoE effects and replace them with other self only buffs, or make current self buffs better.

When a SB from each breed is used, meaning 1 opi/nm/soli/trox, within 10 seconds of the first one being used have a AoE effect that buffs the faction that used it within XX meters.

One person being able to effect so many people with 100% success rate is stupid.

I am prepared to swap my clan SB's for your omni SB's, when can we get to this? In fact, I'll trade the Arbalest to omni only along with the trade.

SB's should be heavily nerfed/removed or revamped to be used more often. Once every 4h, no matter what it is, is just dumb.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    And when it did (one of them even gave immunity to it for some 30 secs), it still wasn't enough.
    GO WITH MANY BLELBINEMS

GUESS WHO (IT STARTS WITH "SWORD" AND ENDS WITH "BREAKER")

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Swardbearker View Post
    And when it did (one of them even gave immunity to it for some 30 secs), it still wasn't enough.
    It was. It was OS that was adjusted in the end. Not the omni SB.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    It was. It was OS that was adjusted in the end. Not the omni SB.
    If it was, then why did clams keep on whining about how it's IMPOSSIBLE to fight the Omni Soli SB + OS even with the tools they were given which ended up with the nerfing of OS to what it is now, I wonder?

Personally I think the OP has a point. The Omni SBs (excluding possibly Omni Soli SB) have been left behind due to direct and indirect nerfs to them. They do deserve a bit of a boost!
    Last edited by Swardbearker; Jan 17th, 2010 at 07:16:02.
    GO WITH MANY BLELBINEMS

GUESS WHO (IT STARTS WITH "SWORD" AND ENDS WITH "BREAKER")

LOL

If it was, then why did clams keep on whining about how it's IMPOSSIBLE to fight the Omni Soli SB + OS even with the tools they were given which ended up with the nerfing of OS to what it is now, I wonder?

Personally I think the OP has a point. The Omni SBs (excluding possibly Omni Soli SB) have been left behind due to direct and indirect nerfs to them. They do deserve a bit of a boost!
    Because Omni developed the oh so difficult and clever tactic of SBing again after the first SB while Clan were in a 30s lockout?

Besides, OS was retarded whatever way you looked at it and not just from a TL7 perspective.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

If player health has gone up, then the clan soli SB is less effective, since it heals less of a player's HP than it did before.

It's the same as the omni DoT. Relatively less damage for omnis, but relatively less healing for clans.

Next!

If it was, then why did clams keep on whining about how it's IMPOSSIBLE to fight the Omni Soli SB + OS even with the tools they were given which ended up with the nerfing of OS to what it is now, I wonder? !
    It was literally impossible to fight it becase.. It was and still is ipossible to
    keep NM sb (sb root immunity) up enough because there is no way if knowing when we will be rushed. This is fact. No way to argue around this.

There was no nerf afaik. What was done was that after YEARS of being bugged, clan soli SB got the effect it was intended to have from the start.

Yes, you did lose your iWin button and I bet it stings a bit for you.
    Now you actually have to fight for it. Tough deal! You should be happy that FC didn't follow their own tradition of balancing over time.
    Then clan would've been given a similar but even more OP iWin button.

Personally I'm happy. I like balance. And if you want, I'd happily trade my sb for yours ANY time!

So lets vote for that.

Quote Originally Posted by vabla4 View Post
    Deal! You can have my opi SB.
    SB's = plural

As if clan would care about having the Opi Omni SB if we get the Soli Omni SB.

just remove the 30s lock out on the clan sb, simple enough.
    Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Kepitimer View Post
    just remove the 30s lock out on the clan sb, simple enough.
    Or add one on omni SB effect (plus more powerful damage effect ofc), which would be more fair, given the fact how powerful (in a defensive way) clan SBs are.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9001 View Post
    Or add one on omni SB effect (plus more powerful damage effect ofc), which would be more fair, given the fact how powerful (in a defensive way) clan SBs are.
    Be careful what you wish for. The lack of lockout on Omni offensive SBs far outweighs whatever boost you'd get from FC along with a 30s lockout.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast