Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - January 15th, 2010 - Nothing personal

Quote Originally Posted by Atheist View Post
    You must realize that any fan related stuff is VERY hard to take into a real game without a tremendous amount of liability. FC has no way to prove that this is your own work, which for them causes a legal liability. The most they can do is possibly recreate some of the work in their own visions (direct copies will still leave the legal liability).
    You must realise that Doc is a professional who can be hired to do the job just like anyone else. Compensation or whether he is an AO fan do not play into this from a legal perspective.

In any case, Doc has not had "a fart in his general direction" beyond Kintaii saying they're interested. Whatever the legal ramification and whatnot, at least let him know in which direction you want this to go, FC. It just seems to be such a great opportunity to fix something that has been bugging a lot of people for a long time.
    Last edited by Ballux; Jan 15th, 2010 at 20:45:31. Reason: added second part

Quote Originally Posted by Worldofalts View Post
    I remember this being discussed way back and alot of ideas were floating around. so... bump again for this idea:

choose 2 or 3 rewards out of a list when getting a daily mission.
    list might include:

- xp
    - axp
    - vp
    - credits
    - tokens
    - cru
    - cake?
    - random loot with "X" % chance of being phats (i.e. - viralbots)

also depends on which rewards you choose, as to which mobs you might face in mission. pick axp, you face some aliens. pick vp, you will face alot of human mobs. (pick cake, and you face Means, lol) and so on and so forth.

i realize this idea might be more work, but it would give the daily missions life in ao for more than 2 weeks.
    Would like to see OFAB armor, and weapon type added as a possible reward if you so choose. 1 Mission /day, 6 days you got your MK 6 weapon done. I don't think thats OP, or game breaking imo, considering how tedious type farming is. That is all

Quote Originally Posted by Rubika-1 View Post
    Would like to see OFAB armor, and weapon type added as a possible reward if you so choose. 1 Mission /day, 6 days you got your MK 6 weapon done. I don't think thats OP, or game breaking imo, considering how tedious type farming is. That is all
    ANY other way to get bios for weapons and armor would be a godsend, imo.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubika-1 View Post
    Or, just remove the nodrop flag on the typed bio for Ofab armor upgrades and Ofab Weapon upgrades. The typed bio for upgrading the regular Kyr weapons is not 'nodrop'.

Some may say this will destroy the economy, I don't think it would, and for those orgs that like to play together, it means an easier time to get the Ofab upgrades. most of the time when I do LE missions, if it is the wrong type it rots on the body, because if I don't have a toon to leave outside with a key, I can't do anything with it anyways.

So, IMHO just remove the nodrop flag and that will make allot of people happy.

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Means, can you please remove save terminal in Camelot or give another for omnis, neutrals?
    It is clearly advantage in fight for Tarasque. Bor terminal is close, but it takes time to zone, jump to 3rd floor and zone Camelot while clanners can zone right into Camelot castle when they die and they abusing these advantage very good.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    4. Transfer will be available to both RK1 or RK2.
    Didn't you change the default server from RK1 to RK2 after only a short time with RK1 as the default because all the Germans were going to be headed to RK1? Can we be the default server again then, because its so...dead...
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by -Laarin- View Post
    I have a question about transfer to rk1, and 2.

Will it be possible to transfer from one account to different servers, for example, 6 characters to rk1, and 2 to rk2?

This way we might keep some of the characters we already played on rk1/2 through the years, and might have to delete less of our toons.

And we would be able to *get rid* of some not so beloved toons, without deleting them.

We just need a way to make sure we cannot duplicate equipment this way (which might be the biggest issue about this).
    wtb answer on that one ^^
    and u can't dupe anything as the characters will be transfered and not copied
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

3. DNW will run for months after the transfer becomes available. This will give players returning after some time the opportunity to refamiliarize themselves with the characters before the transfer process. At some well announced point in the future DNW will be shut down...but it will not be soon.
    I see potential issues with that. Someone could wait a while for most others to transfer, then camp all of the high valued tradeable or shop sellable items until they are forced to transfer... bringing exaggerated amounts of credits & items, further crippling the already distorted economy of the remaining servers.

There should be a "Soon™" deadline where everyone that has not willingly transferred is forced to RK1 (or RK2). "Months™" is just asking for problems.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    I see potential issues with that. Someone could wait a while for most others to transfer, then camp all of the high valued tradeable or shop sellable items until they are forced to transfer... bringing exaggerated amounts of credits & items, further crippling the already distorted economy of the remaining servers.

There should be a "Soon™" deadline where everyone that has not willingly transferred is forced to RK1 (or RK2). "Months™" is just asking for problems.
    dnw is empty for so long, almost everybody who will be transferred will bring stuff worth billions anyways ^^
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

These aren't the WoW forums.. Being first (or definitely first page) doesn't mean much when there are < 100 (maybe even <50) people on the forums. Sorry, but it's true..

@the Daily Missions

Means...
    WRT the daily missions... will 200+ toon see any benefits in research/SK? (OK maybe not SK as much as SL mission) VP etc (as mentioned before)

it is sad that we can do 250ql mission on RK and gain no benefits except for the meager 80k credz (Oh... I did earn 2sk for research when my fat thumbed enf unlocked a door)
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

I just forget ...

RK1 we Come !
    bin mal wieder da und Schreibfehler dürft ihr immer noch behalten

Quote Originally Posted by Ittledoc View Post
    Means...
    WRT the daily missions... will 200+ toon see any benefits in research/SK? (OK maybe not SK as much as SL mission) VP etc (as mentioned before)
    I could have sworn that it was said that also 200+ would benefit from them.

Quote Originally Posted by darkirbiska1 View Post
    jfkdj sknl nklsj wknl apspjdl nek sjlk fljslk ejlksj qjlnf jdkl skjjsj jdkljs 9djfksj nsksdlj elkjjflskj lwjlen skldlfj lasknd ekfjlsk nenlks ejlkns jvklnsl ekjlns lejlfkn psdij ejklnf slkjdk fjlskj skelnfs lkjsdlkf dijgi skdjlf akljsd nvklsje akjsdl camelot.
    qft

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi007 View Post
    Being first (or definitely first page) doesn't mean much when there are < 100 (maybe even <50) people on the forums.
    "That's the joke."
    GO WITH MANY BLELBINEMS

GUESS WHO (IT STARTS WITH "SWORD" AND ENDS WITH "BREAKER")

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    Means, can you please remove save terminal in Camelot or give another for omnis, neutrals?
    It is clearly advantage in fight for Tarasque. Bor terminal is close, but it takes time to zone, jump to 3rd floor and zone Camelot while clanners can zone right into Camelot castle when they die and they abusing these advantage very good.
    Lol it's a Clan zone.

You didn't seem to mind it too much when you had control of Tara. Aww. :'(

1. A new large playfield is being created to allow the players of DNW to have access to some Cities on Transfer. Assignment to these cities will be done in as fair a manner as possible.
    Will this zone be as awful as Coast of Peace/Tranquility, with no grid exits or fgrid exits?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

I wouldn't mind some exits to cop anc cot, icc got one so its do able.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Balance Meeting and Plans
    1. A new large playfield is being created to allow the players of DNW to have access to some Cities on Transfer. Assignment to these cities will be done in as fair a manner as possible.
    Please might as well make this playfield have higher QL RK mobs that is the next outdoor best RK place to level after PW borgs.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

A new large playfield is being created to allow the players of DNW to have access to some Cities on Transfer. Assignment to these cities will be done in as fair a manner as possible.
    I will name my first born child after you if you name the zone something that abbreviates to BFE. That'd just be too funny.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi007 View Post
    These aren't the WoW forums.. Being first (or definitely first page) doesn't mean much when there are < 100 (maybe even <50) people on the forums. Sorry, but it's true..
    It may be true that this "first post" garbage is childish and such, but your claim of 100 or less people on this forum is wrong. Just check the number of hits on attachments in previous FWM postings. I've seen as many as 400 hits within the first couple of hours of his postings in the past... dont confuse active spammers with silent frequenters.

Oh, and hey Mostadio! Still playing?
    ಠ_ಠ

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast