Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - January 15th, 2010 - Nothing personal

Can't wait for DNW arrival. Of course, we can't predict what part of RK3 community will come to rk1/2, but still, overall attendance will increase, which will ( i hope ) increase interest to all aspects of the game from playerbase.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Quote Originally Posted by foulbat View Post
    rk3 city
    what about buy/build now, a big city on rk3.
    will it also be cloned or not

cause maybe some ppl on rk3 now build many new cities, to sell them later after transfer and clon
    To me it seems that all RK3 cities might not get transferred.

thats a good Friday !
    bin mal wieder da und Schreibfehler dürft ihr immer noch behalten

nice informations in this FwM. i'll go on testlive to help when i got time. and good news for DNW people wanting to move.

but !

still really i'm wanting to see the company take docaholic's work in consideration
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=566048

the work he done in 1 month is just amazingly good. prolly wasn't part of the to-do list you had in mind about next patches and the particular aspect of new engine, but ... hey ... watch what he did ! that would help to step classic AO inventory items from 1990ish design to new millenium, kill the repetition of look and show once more your policy is opened to players proposal.

the majority of work is done, a little part left is now to implement it ...

just do it !
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    still really i'm wanting to see the company take docaholic's work in consideration
    Kintaii has already posted in that thread, if they were going to take in his work it would be much like the prof program where he would have to sign and NDA and would not be able to talk about it unless it was OKed later on.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Sounds good to me. Just catching up a bit on all that you've been working on while I was away.. Wonderful..

First we were all about the engine, then balancing, then transfer

i say this order: transfer, engine, balancing. gogo
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

I have a question about transfer to rk1, and 2.

Will it be possible to transfer from one account to different servers, for example, 6 characters to rk1, and 2 to rk2?

This way we might keep some of the characters we already played on rk1/2 through the years, and might have to delete less of our toons.

And we would be able to *get rid* of some not so beloved toons, without deleting them.

We just need a way to make sure we cannot duplicate equipment this way (which might be the biggest issue about this).

This is the 6th "Friday with Means" since 'Interest' has been shown in my new inventory graphics..

.. but not so much as a 'fart in my general direction' (I'm a Python fan). Someone poke Mr 'Means' with a long stick please LOL (Before I toss a cow! rotflmao)

Cheers!

P.S. you should know Artists in general can have sensitive ego's
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    This is the 6th "Friday with Means" since 'Interest' has been shown in my new inventory graphics..

.. but not so much as a 'fart in my general direction' (I'm a Python fan). Someone poke Mr 'Means' with a long stick please LOL (Before I toss a cow! rotflmao)

Cheers!

Hmm Maybe " Go away you dirty Englishman" as any good Python fan knows is the answer.

Elderberries were not used in the making of this comment
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned.

Great information and hopes on these weekly updates.
    I am hoping the issue with alien pathing and attacks can be solved once and for all.
    Combining the work you're doing now and this seems like a great idea. Might take longer but overall major improvement in the long run.

Fingers are beginning to itch again to come back to AO

@Means,

After the last few weeks mess that was created by account sharing within certain omni orgs...they recieved clear help and some even getting IPR's and nodrops returned. I

'd like to point out that there were clanners who also lost entire accounts worth of characters, nodrops, gear, IP redistributions and wasted IPR's but when they petitioned they got zero help. What's with the prejudice? Is there anything your willing to do? Currently some players are very frustrated with the response given to omni, who clearly broke EULA while no response was given to the clan who had accounts stripped. They've all since but quit because we are trying to convince them to stay and maybe you'll get the GM's to show them alittle support.

And bump for server xfer...
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Good FwM!
    RK1
    Corrgard 220 Doc
    Corgard 220 MA
    Corgards 220 MA
    Corgard1 168 Froob-MA

RK3
    nothing more

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    sounds cool.

you said you talked about some balancing stuff and integrating some changes incrementally.

Any ideas on which ones we might see first?

cheers! And happy new years!
    He said incremental changes would be added to the balance server, not live server. It seems they'll put things up in chunks for testing on the limited access balance server then when they're happy with it all the whole wad gets shifted to live. This is sort of like what happens before new expansions/boosters. If such was not the case there would be no need for a new balance specific test server as it would work just like regular patch updates and could be done with the current test live server.

Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    Will the daily missions be useful for leveling up through 220, or will they only give RK xp?
    Was stated in the past that daily missions would be for all levels from what I remember. Then there is already a "Mission HQ" in Jobe Harbour where you turn in the chip from Dark Ruins.

What I want to know is will they be just for XP/SK or if other things can be gained through them as well (AXP, VP, tokens, etc...)?

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post

Cheers!

You must realize that any fan related stuff is VERY hard to take into a real game without a tremendous amount of liability. FC has no way to prove that this is your own work, which for them causes a legal liability. The most they can do is possibly recreate some of the work in their own visions (direct copies will still leave the legal liability).

Slightly more informative as the last FwM. Just remember, I like seeing shiny pictures and movies. Please add some next week, thanks.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    A new large playfield is being created to allow the players of DNW to have access to some Cities on Transfer. Assignment to these cities will be done in as fair a manner as possible.

Just one playfield for them? You don't want to crowd the zone with cities to much or it will look just awful.

This would be a great chance to add Gangly mountains, Great Cathedral Plains, or Western Endless Plains into game. (yeah I know there are a lot more zones but those looked the biggest)
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

Great news.
    I can't wait to transfer my chars from rk3 to rk1.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    What I want to know is will they be just for XP/SK or if other things can be gained through them as well (AXP, VP, tokens, etc...)?
    I remember this being discussed way back and alot of ideas were floating around. so... bump again for this idea:

choose 2 or 3 rewards out of a list when getting a daily mission.
    list might include:

- xp
    - axp
    - vp
    - credits
    - tokens
    - cru
    - cake?
    - random loot with "X" % chance of being phats (i.e. - viralbots)

also depends on which rewards you choose, as to which mobs you might face in mission. pick axp, you face some aliens. pick vp, you will face alot of human mobs. (pick cake, and you face Means, lol) and so on and so forth.

i realize this idea might be more work, but it would give the daily missions life in ao for more than 2 weeks.
    Last edited by Worldofalts; Jan 15th, 2010 at 20:29:47. Reason: lacked humour
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast