Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - January 15th, 2010 - Nothing personal

Funcom employee Friday with Means - January 15th, 2010 - Nothing personal

Balance Meeting and Plans

This week meetings continued concerning balancing and the code features missing from AO we wanted/need were discussed and evaluated.(ie: Multiple copies of DOT nanos being possible to run on a target from more than one attacker etc.) Work on actual implementation will start soon. A "balance beta" server is being set up so the incremental changes can be tested piece by piece until "ready"...this server should be up inside the next few weeks. Details will follow on who and how to access this area for testing purposes. This will of course also allow for testing outside of "the big picture" which will be needed for ensuring no details are left in an incomplete state.

Server Transfer from DNW

Not as much got done in this area as I would have liked this week. However important details of "what" were decided.

1. A new large playfield is being created to allow the players of DNW to have access to some Cities on Transfer. Assignment to these cities will be done in as fair a manner as possible.

2. Concerns about unscrupulous players stealing player and org names are not going to be a problem. Anything created (Orgs and players) after the discussion in November concerning transfer will not take priority over players transfering from DNW.

3. DNW will run for months after the transfer becomes available. This will give players returning after some time the opportunity to refamiliarize themselves with the characters before the transfer process. At some well announced point in the future DNW will be shut down...but it will not be soon.

4. Transfer will be available to both RK1 or RK2.

I hope we get more traction on this issue next week. I am sorry for the delay but I still hope to make the actual transfer available inside January even if the supporting new playfield for cities is not yet complete.

Daily Missions

The first version of this system is currently being built for the Test dimension. It is likely this will take many days as it involves the re-export of almost every playfield in the game. We are also taking this opportunity to try and "streamline" the Alien attacks on player cities by moving controllers and Alien landing points...with associated collision and "bad tree" problems being addressed. We hope to see this version available for a first pass at the end of next week.

Thank you to all who contacted me this week concerning ideas, problems and suggestions for making AO better.

Have a great weekend everyone
    Last edited by Means; Jan 15th, 2010 at 15:46:41.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

FOR SALE!!111!

Wanna place your own personal whine here? Just PM with offered price and we can work something out
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

/me like

btw, atleast I now live in the year 2010.
    Last edited by imonlya; Jan 15th, 2010 at 14:45:56.

>>Adonis Quest Service<<

Hey "Imonlya" Doc - 220 Doc, Heals-On-Demand Dispenser
    Buba "Buloe" Lovechild - 220 Wannabe, now tossed away to Ado for Services
    Mechando - 220 Engie, complete w/ Tradeskill & DD ambitions
    Imonkie - 174 Trox MA, Critoholic...
    Imonster - 150 Crat, wtb s10 charms. PST
    Spothead - 46 Fixer, dressed in GAIII

weeeeeeeeee
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

4th
    No spider this week?
    Last edited by psyxor; Jan 15th, 2010 at 14:46:03.
    Member of The Red Brotherhood
    TRB Presentation Video divx | youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though )

5th
    Lordran 220/30/70 Soldier, Equip

Enfoosz 200/22/42 Enfo
    Fixxet 170/21/42 Fixer
    Nanolin 165/15/42 NT
    Ilonta 150/18/36 Doctor, equip

bleh.

wtb RK2 to RK1 transfer.
    (2 grafters )
    RK1
    "Send Pics Plz". Meta-Wha? Noodz plz. 83/8.
    "Eye Makeshiz Foryou". Pimpin' Eng Of Doom. he's the SHIZ. 174/18.
    "Jack Grafter Torrence". I Like To Boom Boom Booooom. 220/zomg. AI30! .

RK2
    "Perk Grafter Reset". 216/22. RK2's Retired Bukkake Doc. idle since 2007.
    "Perk Graftor Reset". 142/15. RK2's Retired Pvp Doc idle since 2006

Thanks for the update
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

that special server sounds fun.

Multiple dots on the same target hmmm, that would be awesome (org docs and i are always fighting who gets to dot to have higher DD )

Can't wait to see the daily missions, and nice to see that the city raids are getting streamlined while you're at it .
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Top10 in first post woho
    Morgo - 220/30/70 Enforcer

Jenji - 215/29/50 Solja

Veteran of Devil Inside - Devil Inside

Content Editor - AO Universe - For players by players

Couldnt we all move on rk1 or rk2 or even better on RK3 (so there would be no whinning "ZOMGZ rk1ers/rk2ers have it so easy) so you could shut 2 servers instead of one? By the time rebalancing/engine/miracle happens and there is a major population boost (i t wont happen im affraid, sorry) you could start A NEW server where everyone would start from nothing, there would be no NW fields, 220 pockets, "all my 20 cities and a backpack full of gocs" etc. It would be very interesting to give it a try, especially on a crat

If you are working on AI spawns it would be cool to have a possibility to set up a "intensity" of it. Lets say: easy (as it is today), med (2x more mobs spawn per wave), no-life (3x more) so we could use it as a better axp source. There are still some people doing it for axp/fun!
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Jan 15th, 2010 at 15:41:01.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

sounds cool.

you said you talked about some balancing stuff and integrating some changes incrementally.

Any ideas on which ones we might see first?

cheers! And happy new years!

Thanks for the update, as always...

And a krautfelt, warm welcome to future clanners, and mislead players alike!
    Ancestors could hear what is happening now
    They would turn in their graves
    they would all be ashamed - that the land of the free
    has been written in chains
    And I know what I want - when the timing is right
    then I'll take what is mine
    I am the clansman

Will the daily missions be useful for leveling up through 220, or will they only give RK xp?

Thanks for the update Means
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

1st page?

Awesome about fixing city raid issues, Means!!
    Dogeared: their fix will probably eliminate the 'sploit that allows you to pass through ''doors'' from one playfield to another. <-- zomg, she was right!

1st page ???
    Xeratrading 220/26 NM trader|||Methalix 220/21 Atrox Enforcer
    Methaball 176/4 Atrox MP|||Xeradoc 150/16 Solitus Doctor
    Methafire 150/20 Atrox Soldier|||Xeradvent 121/10 Solitus Adventurer
    Xeranuke 186/17 Solitus Nano-technician
    Xeracrat 200/21 Solitus Bureaucrat
    President of ~~ Athalantes ~~
    Squad Commander of The Glowing Nightfliers

Yes, but HOW DO YOU feel about it Means?
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

What's up with all these stupid poasts, I gotta poast one myself!
    GO WITH MANY BLELBINEMS

GUESS WHO (IT STARTS WITH "SWORD" AND ENDS WITH "BREAKER")

LOL

rk3 city
    what about buy/build now, a big city on rk3.
    will it also be cloned or not

cause maybe some ppl on rk3 now build many new cities, to sell them later after transfer and clon

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast