Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Symbiant Changes - No profession with just one symbiant line

Symbiant Changes - No profession with just one symbiant line

This has probably been posted already but...

In the interest of balance I beleive that no profession should be restricted to one set of Symbiants. There are some professions that can access two or even three lines so I'd propose opening up another option for those professions that can currently only use one symbiant line.

OP'd?

Thinking along the lines of-

Doc - Support and Art
    Engie - Control and Art
    Soldier - Art and Infantry
    Enfo - Infantry and Support
    Agent - Art and Support
    NT - Exterm and Control
    Last edited by Tanana; Jan 14th, 2010 at 14:03:39.

I'm gonna tweak that list a bit.

Docs are more casters than ranged bombers so...

Doc: Support and Extermination (comes with all that pistol/Multi-ranged goodness docs want)

Engineer: Artillery and Control (heavy weapons, grenade, etc)

Why Infantry for Soldiers? (infantry is for melee fighting, which isn't Soldier bread and butter) Support at the very most, I think.

Enfo, Agent and NT look ok, but I'm thinking NT could use Support instead.

why don't we cut the crap and just give everyone support?
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Yes. On so many levels, yes.

nice idea but as Dancingrage said soldiers Art /support we have G pure support perk !

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Why Infantry for Soldiers? (infantry is for melee fighting, which isn't Soldier bread and butter) Support at the very most, I think.
    Support plz. Save me billions on HD foot implant

Yeah, decent tweaks. Not really too much experience with Docs and Soldier so not too sure what they'd benefit from/miss out on atm.

Only reason I picked Inf for soldier was the connection with Infantry Soldiers..bit lame I know

I'm gonna tweak that list a bit.

Docs are more casters than ranged bombers so...

Doc: Support and Extermination (comes with all that pistol/Multi-ranged goodness docs want)
    Extermination symbs suck so hard though....

Really, i think Doctors should have Artillery opened up, if anything.
    (It's only fair, if people want the HD love that comes with Support)
    RK1
    "Send Pics Plz". Meta-Wha? Noodz plz. 83/8.
    "Eye Makeshiz Foryou". Pimpin' Eng Of Doom. he's the SHIZ. 174/18.
    "Jack Grafter Torrence". I Like To Boom Boom Booooom. 220/zomg. AI30! .

RK2
    "Perk Grafter Reset". 216/22. RK2's Retired Bukkake Doc. idle since 2007.
    "Perk Graftor Reset". 142/15. RK2's Retired Pvp Doc idle since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Grafter View Post
    Really, i think Doctors should have Artillery opened up, if anything.
    (It's only fair, if people want the HD love that comes with Support)

It's a deal! Heck, I'll even throw in EoE for docs

I don't want docs to have art symbs, cookie cutter is stupid enough as is. Gief inf symbs <3

Control/Extermination would be best for doctors if we got more symb options. Though they would only be used where they added pistol for lvling.

Yes plx support for solja.

I think enfs should have control instead of support. Fears and taunts are crowd control tools
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

The symbs are pretty much fine the way they are now, I guess agents can get support symbs but maybe after rebalancing they mightn't be a support-y prof

Yes to this. Everyone should have options.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Bring back implants!

Say no to blanket stat buffs! :P

but I'm thinking NT could use Support instead.
    Control makes far more sense. NTs aren't a Support profession.

Then again, neither are Enforcers, if anything other than Infantry were added for Enforcers I think again, Control makes more sense.

Having said that, having absolutely no gaps to bridge with custom implants is a bit meh.

Given that Crats have absolutely no reason to equip Extermination over Control surely they should get access to Artillery too! Using the reasoning for Engineers getting Artillery and Soldiers getting Support, etc etc.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Bump for a minimum of two symbiant line options for every profession.

As to the lines chosen, I'm not sure.

Heck, just remove all profession restrictions & let us pick & choose, like we do with almost everything else involving our toons. If we decide to do something crazy like imping an enforcer to dual wield a pistol & SMG, why not let the insanity continue when the toon is using symbiants?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    I think enfs should have control instead of support. Fears and taunts are crowd control tools
    The main Control prof is Engineer (as we are the only prof that can only use Control), which has pretty much no crowd control ability (all we have is OMG PET AOE SNARE and SNARE MINES). It has more to do with being a pet profession than with being a crowd controller.

And Traders are technically a pet profession, too!
    GO WITH MANY BLELBINEMS

GUESS WHO (IT STARTS WITH "SWORD" AND ENDS WITH "BREAKER")

LOL

I think symbs that lack some area should be given more in another area.

For example, Artillery left arm has no AAD. Why can't it suddenly add 150 AAO? Don't equalize them all, mix them up and let people pick and choose what they wish to use to customize their character.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Given that Crats have absolutely no reason to equip Extermination over Control surely they should get access to Artillery too! Using the reasoning for Engineers getting Artillery and Soldiers getting Support, etc etc.
    Here's where this argument becomes VERY slippery slope. Some of the combonations literally make no sense at all.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast