Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Summary of Profession Rebalancing: Round 1

Quote Originally Posted by fortorn View Post
    If anyone is around to see it... uhm soldiers probly be a mainstay in pvp liek now.

Enforcer is gone. Useless in pvp and pvm.

Fixer changes might effect pvp qutie a bit.

Crats probly gonna go down a lot on the ladder.

All AS profs are screwed in DD in pvp and thus will be ineffective.

But this all depends on if CC and debuffing is gonna mean something again.
    so much clueless, so little space....

What if mp binds was an aura instead of a nano, and since MPs are summoners of demons etcs, give them the ability to summon dead party members straight out of the other world. Imagen a huge gate to the 'underworld' appear on the ground with the dead member rising up from the flames of hell. And cause its not the clone, it would ofc not have any rezz sickness anymore. Or an enfo using his superstrength to break a mobs legs preventing it from goin to hurt other members, or something else. Or keepers being the holy warrior type having the ability to 'forgive' a team members sins, detaunting them(with doc book light effect), and taking the punishment himself. Or give engies a pet that can transform into a badass turret whenever they want, or make them able to transform thier pistols into pets, or fully/partially merge with thier pets. Well there are probly plenty of ways to make each proffession truly unique in a cool way.
    Last edited by orochi3; Jan 22nd, 2011 at 16:39:43.

Quote Originally Posted by orochi3 View Post
    Imagen a huge gate to the 'underworld' appear on the ground with the dead member rising up from the flames of hell. And cause its not the clone, it would ofc not have any rezz sickness anymore.
    OMG, I loved it!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

What if mp binds was an aura instead of a nano, and since MPs are summoners of demons etcs, give them the ability to summon dead party members straight out of the other world. Imagen a huge gate to the 'underworld' appear on the ground with the dead member rising up from the flames of hell. And cause its not the clone, it would ofc not have any rezz sickness anymore. Or an enfo using his superstrength to break a mobs legs preventing it from goin to hurt other members, or something else. Or keepers being the holy warrior type having the ability to 'forgive' a team members sins, detaunting them(with doc book light effect), and taking the punishment himself. Or give engies a pet that can transform into a badass turret whenever they want, or make them able to transform thier pistols into pets, or fully/partially merge with thier pets. Well there are probly plenty of ways to make each proffession truly unique in a cool way.
    A bit much Roleplay/Fantasy MMORG influence. Professions used to be Unique in their own way. Until Funcom decided that Shadowlands was a cool expansion.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

As for making agents being able to fp something to a decent degree, of course there must be some kind of downside to it to prevent it from becoming to OP ed in terms of being able to do anything anytime. How about making the "new mimic"or "impersonate proffesion"/whatever give agents better fp-ing ability, but requiring a lot more time ud have to spend in fp, like a true undercover agent needs. As for Funcom, im sure the will manage to make each prof usefull/fun again, however idk if they would keep some fantasy aspects or cover it all in thick sauce of scientific explanations.

As for Funcom, im sure the will manage to make each prof usefull/fun again, however idk if they would keep some fantasy aspects or cover it all in thick sauce of scientific explanations.
    +1 for scientific sauce, extra thick and with emotion-representing meatballs.

Also, if you're going to have MPs resurrect people, it has to follow the AO theme. So, no gates of hell, please. BUT, MPs could anchor the spirit, heal the body, and unite the two, using good old nanobots, that would be fine with me.

I actually like SL for what it is, but it's all the fantasy I can handle in AO.

Bump for some cool new unique profession abilities, though.

I think you're looking a little too deeply into this... "Transform their pistols into pets?" You'd have to ask Optimus for copyright protection for his technology...
    creds pls

Quote Originally Posted by dustbunny View Post
    +1 for scientific sauce, extra thick and with emotion-representing meatballs.

Also, if you're going to have MPs resurrect people, it has to follow the AO theme. So, no gates of hell, please. BUT, MPs could anchor the spirit, heal the body, and unite the two, using good old nanobots, that would be fine with me.

I actually like SL for what it is, but it's all the fantasy I can handle in AO.

Bump for some cool new unique profession abilities, though.
    So basically to you the difference between Sci-Fi and Fantasy isn't the function or concept or activity but the way it's RPed?
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

And seeing as AO is known a little bit for tradeskilling, why not make more end-game items be a result of having done quests for parts in the past and having to tradeskill them gradually into more powerful versions. Because its a shame to see one of AOs (in my opinion)fun espects being used only by engies/traders. I see nowadays alot of people just skip alot of low lvl stuff sit on kite hill few days be 220 and having missed 99% of the game, and things FC put alot of effort into. Not saying that there should be NO WAY to lvl up fast ofc. Going too far like making hecks un-OST able would probly mess things up badly. Anyhow about the nano effects, ive noticed that there are only 2main effects i see in raids, the green/blue/orange aura and the big-hand-flash. Im sure its possible to have more variety, maybe some visible snare stuff at the mobs legs, or some short lasting aoe flame/ice spikes from NT nukes. As it is now they only way to know what situation ur in is from reading ur own and the targets ncu window.
    Last edited by orochi3; Jan 29th, 2011 at 14:21:07.

...As it is now they only way to know what situation ur in is from reading ur own and the targets ncu window.
    and we've had the ncu windows for what, a year or two now (or thereabouts)? before then it was macro/script timers everytime you cast a hostile nano. or, at worst gazing at ur clock to check time left.

I agree also with what you said about more tradeskilled items that they need to add, that get improved throughout the levelling process in order to be usable at endgame. some people wanna level fast because theres not much to do (for some people) before 220, or theres no need to spend 10 minutes at a certain level to acquire a certain item. would be nice to see some things added like this that are not necessary for end game equip, but add ****e to a setup and reward the player for taking their time to complete content along the way.
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Jan 30th, 2011 at 06:39:52.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    So basically to you the difference between Sci-Fi and Fantasy isn't the function or concept or activity but the way it's RPed?
    It's called immersion. It's great thing, and it sucks when it doesn't work.

I just want to be able to "believe" the concept in the setting of the game/ the story. I don't even RP, but if that's the same thing to you, sure.
    Last edited by dustbunny; Feb 1st, 2011 at 22:54:26. Reason: Clarity

Well it would help if the concept also made sense of course.
    Like no lame "hahaha u cant root me cause i have an antidontevenknowhowitworksbutitseemstopreventroots running" or voodoo.
    Like for example the nanoprograms in the ncu,
    I can understand that they are programs that run automaticly instead of manually, and need memory to store the complex code that makes it work. But i always found it wierd why nanoshutdown or having 0 nano pool didnt affect nano based buffs. Where do those buffs get thier energy? Kinda like having cast a buff suddenly made all that nano u just spent untouchable by any nano affecting nanos/perks. Anyhow i feel im getting a little too off topic now so im gonna stop talking about it.

^^ pretty sure the future would have an equivalent to the present day capacitor, and the way it works in ao currently makes sense if the nanobots are replicating themselves (and ditto for toilerbots, viralbots etc..). but, then that leaves the question, what materials are the nanobots using to replicate themselves? they dont magically replicate from thin air. however, one could assert that nanobots that are used up, are then recycled in the "nanopool", whereever it lies, and are used to replicate new ones. that leaves a final question though: If your nanopool is completely empty, how does nanodelta even work? shouldnt the amount of nanopool you can regain be reliant on how many nanobots are currently dormant in the pool? that is of course, dependant on whether or not the nanobots are actually replicating themselves, or if the implants/armor pieces etc. that give nano delta contain tiny factories that produce small amounts of nanobots continuously. i r confused...

on topic.... whats this thread about again?
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    ^^ pretty sure the future would have an equivalent to the present day capacitor, and the way it works in ao currently makes sense if the nanobots are replicating themselves (and ditto for toilerbots, viralbots etc..). but, then that leaves the question, what materials are the nanobots using to replicate themselves? they dont magically replicate from thin air. however, one could assert that nanobots that are used up, are then recycled in the "nanopool", whereever it lies, and are used to replicate new ones. that leaves a final question though: If your nanopool is completely empty, how does nanodelta even work? shouldnt the amount of nanopool you can regain be reliant on how many nanobots are currently dormant in the pool? that is of course, dependant on whether or not the nanobots are actually replicating themselves, or if the implants/armor pieces etc. that give nano delta contain tiny factories that produce small amounts of nanobots continuously. i r confused...

on topic.... whats this thread about again?
    Maybe in the same magical way your body produce new cells every single day?
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I think Keeper should be on the top of the priorities except problems that harm EVERYBODY playing, and not just a few people.

We keepers are so weak compared to everyone else. A DOCTOR tanks better than me. THAT IS MESSED UP.

Our main defensive assets don't even function, our perks are iffy (eh) and we offer nothing to the team that others profs can't.

Even if we are intended to be a support class we NEED TO BE ABLE TO DO SOMETHING SOLO, efficiently! Not just struggle by oh yeah we can kill them and live but we can't devastate them like an enfo or an MA.

My keeper can solo the big room with 4 aliens all at once, must be you.

And yeah learn to pull.

I've seen keepers crying for years because they could solo alien missions, they could AFK level, the dailys where too easy... and they keep doing it.
    Struggle is what support professions have been doing all this time and if keepers can't Q+/afk they should be happy, they have achieved the difficulty level they have been asking for, and it is now impossible for many other professions.

This thread has long since stopped being a summary of the profession rebalancing, and instead a free-for-all bicker session about pretty much everything. I'll be closing this thread and un-sticking it, then will remove Reids' initial posts to a new sticky thread that I'll close until he asks me to reopen it so he can edit it. The point was to have an easy to refer to guide of the changes, not a knock-down-drag-out brawl.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567