Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Healing Nerf Idea

In mass pvp, if you become target it doesn't matter if you have 10k or 100k HP, you're toast. For some professions there's just no dice to kill professions with a sense of healing/defense mechanics. But they're speaking about boosting regular hits or something, so meh.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Taranide View Post
    But they're speaking about boosting regular hits or something, so meh.
    And nerfing specials.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Taranide View Post
    Special halving is fair enough as it is now.
    Hmmm, I missed something. Specials are getting halved?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I hope it will works only in pvp situation or team heals will be excluded, otherwise who'll keep ur squishy ass alive during pvm raids?

From my point of view.

1. with doc i have 3.1k init and still have to be 50% def (or it is 50% off ?) to be able instacast BI. So when i want heal (survive because of lack evades, absorbs, reflects) i cannot go full-def.

2. When doc is permahealing itself...yeah its maybe immortal 1:1. But wait....when i'm perma healing...i cannot kill you with my offensive setup, because i'm busy with healing myself. So it means you are immortal TOO.

3. when i'm using dots/malp init debuffs....i cannot heal myself...melee profs can even break my nanocasting....so i cannot heal (i can only use my perks with 10mins recharge which heals me for about 5-10k which is 1xfull auto each 11sec OR 13sec AS)

So if there is already some nerf coming (nanodelta, nanocost etc) i want see also lowering nanocasting times so doc can also go full-def. And instacasting everything he want....
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

Quote Originally Posted by EIS View Post
    From my point of view.

1. with doc i have 3.1k init and still have to be 50% def (or it is 50% off ?) to be able instacast BI. So when i want heal (survive because of lack evades, absorbs, reflects) i cannot go full-def.
    Use CH, if you need insta-cast heal at full def.

2. When doc is permahealing itself...yeah its maybe immortal 1:1. But wait....when i'm perma healing...i cannot kill you with my offensive setup, because i'm busy with healing myself. So it means you are immortal TOO.
    Last time I checked, doc had access to AS weapons as well.

3. when i'm using dots/malp init debuffs....i cannot heal myself...melee profs can even break my nanocasting....so i cannot heal (i can only use my perks with 10mins recharge which heals me for about 5-10k which is 1xfull auto each 11sec OR 13sec AS)
    When you are using DoTs/malp, you do Damage over Time, so you can heal yourself in the meantime plus, last time I checked, doc had access to AS weapons. :shrug:

So if there is already some nerf coming (nanodelta, nanocost etc) i want see also lowering nanocasting times so doc can also go full-def. And instacasting everything he want....
    I wanna insta-cast regular NSD as well. Can't blame you for trying, but lets be realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post

When you are using DoTs/malp, you do Damage over Time, so you can heal yourself in the meantime plus, last time I checked, doc had access to AS weapons. :shrug:

I wanna insta-cast regular NSD as well. Can't blame you for trying, but lets be realistic.
    Obviously the Agents heal will work better on a doc with the superior defenses. We do have setups that are build around full def but as with everything in this game it's a sacrifice. Less vulnerability to debuffs and more so to alphas. There are no 30k-zillion HP setups that also allow enough nano init and on top of that the use of a AS weapon that hurts like hell like everyone claims all the time.

The Damage over time part only works in theory. Even without the use of malp spam we have to spam dots to keep the targets under the effect of 1 or 2 lines unless it's a green or a non NR shade. Long cast times, Short duration for the pvp dots and high counter chance make the theory of "cast dots and spam heal" just wishful thinking. Don't want to get dotted, use debuffs or force the doc to heal. You won't see much damage from dots coming your way then.

The AS weapon is what can unbalance docs. It allows us to retain offense when using our defense which our dots/malp don't. It's also something we need but it is what often unbalances the fight for our favor. But hey.. there's the whole dicsussion about AS going so let's see how that turns out.

Anyway, it is more then likely the doc playstyle will change a lot with the proposed perk changes for docs which move away from damage over time to burst damage (Perks doing big damage but canceling all dots), which favor old RK dots with super low damage over slow casting SL dots, and increased nanocosts on heal may favor fast kills or avoiding hits alltogether instead of outhealing.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

So you're saying reroll to agent? Because if we're forced to use CH we're just an agent with lower AR, lower def, no CC and less DD. However with all init debuffs out there we're almost there already.

When AS gets def check we will have zero DD from weapons. And with heal nerf will we have even less time to cast dots.

When you are using DoTs/malp, you do Damage over Time, so you can heal yourself in the meantime plus
    Yeah because we always have time to dot and they always land like a charm with our high MC skill. Besides rrfe + decent heal delta is more than enough to counter a realistic land rate of dots. No if you want to do damage with dots you won't have time to heal unless you're fighting someone that forgot to put HHAB back on.

Minova:220:30:doc
    Looke:220:30:adv
    Winova:174:24:sold
    Rinova:168:23:nt
    Meanova:126:15:trader
    Meenova:95:10:agent
    Redemption

Check out your new/fixed/reworked damage perks and (hopefully) new nano casting mechanism, before you continue with the whining.

Check out your new/fixed/reworked damage perks and (hopefully) new nano casting mechanism, before you continue with the whining.
    Cool where is it? Be cause it sure ain't in the balance documentation unless you consider switching to RK dots for a dd perk every minute a boost.

And yes, lets speculate about possible improvements in casting mechanisms to cancel out announced nerfs.

Minova:220:30:doc
    Looke:220:30:adv
    Winova:174:24:sold
    Rinova:168:23:nt
    Meanova:126:15:trader
    Meenova:95:10:agent
    Redemption

Discussing with Klod is futile. His skull is too thick for any sort of reason to penetrate once he has an agenda.

Wasn't this thread dead btw?
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Looke View Post
    Cool where is it? Be cause it sure ain't in the balance documentation unless you consider switching to RK dots for a dd perk every minute a boost.

And yes, lets speculate about possible improvements in casting mechanisms to cancel out announced nerfs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    Discussing with Klod is futile. His skull is too thick for any sort of reason to penetrate once he has an agenda.

Wasn't this thread dead btw?
    For both of you... New casting mechanism was mentioned when there was a discussion about NT nano changes.

At least check some facts first, if you are already planning to "out-troll" me.

New casting mechanism was mentioned when there was a discussion about NT nano changes.
    Yes, it's in the ideas presented by FC to the doctor community in the doctor prof forum. What's you point? It's been said by most doctors, that we'll have to wait to see how it plays out. The changes to both specials and healing are so complex, that it's impossible to say anything about it yet.

If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

What's you point?
    My point is... You are bitching for nothing.

Heh, That goes both ways. This thread was about nerfing Heals further, when there's already plans for that. Both whining about doc problems or about doc heals is pretty pointless at this stage.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

My point is... You are bitching for nothing.
    I wasn't as much bitching as I was claiming it's impossible to discuss with you. So far you're only proving me right. /shrug

I wasn't as much bitching as I was claiming it's impossible to discuss with you. So far you're only proving me right. /shrug
    How can you know if you never actually tried?

How can you know if you never actually tried?
    Maybe experience from reading pretty much every thread you've ever written a post in?
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Maybe experience from reading pretty much every thread you've ever written a post in?
    Put me on ignore list. It's as simple as that. :shrug: You will save time for mods, me and numerous other people.

Anyways, to stay OT. I was just pointing out the obvious things, that certain person I replied to was trying to ignore. If you find that offending, or irritating, tough luck.

Use CH?

lol?
    **Proud Squad Commander of Nightmares End**

Aeirilys - 220 Doc RK2
    Spiritofsnow - 150 Sol RK2
    Oniaikido - 98 Leveling Up MA RK2

[ Rebel for Life ]~[ Clan 'til Death ]

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast