Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Healing Nerf Idea

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    Hi, I'm an mp. Maybe you haven't seen my damage? My perk "alpha" has a 2 minute + recharge. It also has a 30sec cast time to execute. With my pets UBT'd (with no way to remove) and the doc resisting 50% of my nukes, it takes me at least 1 minute to knock off as much HP as a doc has. So, yes, full HP every 20sec is a tad OP since they can also use normal heals during this downtime as well.

As it stands with docs currently, they can heal over 300k HP in a minute (counting ICH as 20k hp). Your top DD's in pvm hit 250k-300k DPM. Half that for pvp and you get ~150k DPM. Now just imagine that they are UBT'd. This proves that a good doc could outheal 2 shades w/o stuns being a factor. You see no problem here?
    Firstly

A mp that cant kill a doc needs to reroll or maybe háck means gm account to enjoy pvp.

worst profs for a doc to encounter.

1: Trader

2: Mp

3: Shade

4: Enforcer

5: Ma or another doc.

And secondly

Pvm damage for a doc is very very different from pvp. since we have 100% checks on all offensive nanos, and nowhere near the ar
    of a nt (that have CB and much much lower nr check)our offense can be easily be countered by people that pvp for more
    han once a year.

Thirdly:

If somehow a doc manages to tank 2 shades he:

Cant do any nandealing damage to them or anyone else. (ie kill them)
    Cant heal anyone else but himself.

Sounds fair or ultra ubor for you? If you dont know a single thing about pvp you shouldnt post in a pvp thread.
    Last edited by DrLithvium; Jan 24th, 2010 at 04:16:41.
    Drtheron B 220/30 Atrox Doc First AI30 atrox doc on RK1
    Stilithium B 220/12 Nanomage Doc PVP project

Nttheron B 220/16 Atrox NT Ao easymode pvp is: on
    Lithvium B 220/13 Solitius Crat DD hoe project
    Zystem B 208/8 Nanomage Engineer Tradeskiller

+ A couple of alts in progress

This is a horrible idea for Doctors in a support role. At TL7 this might be a problem, but you must think that the majority of people are playing PVM at other TL!

Implementation would be an epic failure.

Quote Originally Posted by DrLithvium View Post
    Thirdly:

If somehow a doc manages to tank 2 shades he:

Cant do any nandealing damage to them or anyone else. (ie kill them)
    Cant heal anyone else but himself.

Sounds fair or ultra ubor for you?
    Actually sounds a bit OP. One shade or DPS class should put a doctor into this position. (which, in the real world what generally happens)
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Actually sounds a bit OP. One shade or DPS class should put a doctor into this position. (which, in the real world what generally happens)

The docs on rk1 that can tank 2 shades can be counted on one hand for once.
    And docs being the most defense oriented class ingame and the profession doing 90% of all tanking in pvp should ofc tank a shade with no problem. And atm they cannot tank 1shade for more than a min since their nanopool is removed.

Docs are so easily killed in pvp its laughble. I dont know who these guys whining about healnerfs are. They cant be doing
    any pvp. Thats for sure.

So docs need alot of improvement for sure. not nerfing.
    Last edited by DrLithvium; Jan 24th, 2010 at 05:53:55.
    Drtheron B 220/30 Atrox Doc First AI30 atrox doc on RK1
    Stilithium B 220/12 Nanomage Doc PVP project

Nttheron B 220/16 Atrox NT Ao easymode pvp is: on
    Lithvium B 220/13 Solitius Crat DD hoe project
    Zystem B 208/8 Nanomage Engineer Tradeskiller

+ A couple of alts in progress

Nerf to healing is a complex idea itself. They should just fix the mandatory high HP issue by removing some damage halve in pvp. This would include perks and regulars mainly, making some sort of progessive system. Like the more HP you have, more damage you take from perks and regulars. Special halving is fair enough as it is now.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    You forgot to mention
    - (e)-NSD and there goes the heals... We have removers, yes... but you can just cast it again remember... Or has the Doc alphaed you now maybe?

- Beneficial Scourge and there goes 50% healing...

- Notum Rejection: Now the Doc is loosing nano too...

- Mezz pet if you have it there and cast time for that doc is going up or he may not have time to DoT you.
    LOL

OK, BS and 50% healing. Fine, it barely tunes down your (already strong) healing abilities to regular values (8017-9317 every 4-5 seconds is still, like, A LOT).

Notum Rejection? Loosing nano? Get a grip dude.

Mezz pet? Errr, huh? What a hell are you talking about? It doesn't stun players, only mobs.

eNSD? I can cast it after 10 seconds again, yes. It doesn't have 100% land rate on docs though, for christ's sake. It also doesn't stop you from using heal perks.

Dear god. This coming from a professional.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    It doesn't stun players, only mobs.
    What's this brown effect surrounding my char from time to time then ? looks like a mezz. Granted it only lands when the MP is dead, apparently.

Just a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Djantro View Post
    What's this brown effect surrounding my char from time to time then ? looks like a mezz. Granted it only lands when the MP is dead, apparently.

Just a question.
    It's a root.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    It's a root.
    That also breaks 100% on anything.

Oh come on Klod. That reply you quoted was in regard to flyings examples of 150k pvp damage docs that heal 300k hp per minute at the same time and are immune to debuffs.

MPs certainly aren't the number one thread to docs anymore. Traders outdo MPs in every aspect of the mp debuffing toolset. Get rid of the nsd proc, start fixing the mp toolsets to work better. My full support for that. Docs aren't as immune to the MP toolset as flying made it out to be though and you can't expect much of a well formulated reply to that.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    Oh come on Klod. That reply you quoted was in regard to flyings examples of 150k pvp damage docs that heal 300k hp per minute at the same time and are immune to debuffs.

MPs certainly aren't the number one thread to docs anymore. Traders outdo MPs in every aspect of the mp debuffing toolset. Get rid of the nsd proc, start fixing the mp toolsets to work better. My full support for that. Docs aren't as immune to the MP toolset as flying made it out to be though and you can't expect much of a well formulated reply to that.
    From a professional, I did expect something more adequate then that.

Hm.. maybe. Maybe not. They've got a lot on their plates and have to see where to spend their time and effort.

Yep. I am defending Mekh. Regardless of that post he is still one of the more reasonable prof. Not every crap turns out gold though.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Quote Originally Posted by DrLithvium View Post
    The docs on rk1 that can tank 2 shades can be counted on one hand for once.
    Anyone but me thinking this is a ludicrous claim at best? I'd love to meet the shades that can't kill doctors trying to tank them. When that alpha starts rolling there's virtually nothing you can do. I mean, c'mon, they alpha adventurers/engis through coon.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

It depends on the shades and the definition on tanking. I managed to survive against 2 shades for example until they were dead. Was it tanking them? Imo no, the didn't attack at the same time, didn't get off their full alpha and the whole thing was over in under 12 seconds. Others consider it tanking.

Also shades struggle with pvp and there are few excellent ones. Against the pvp shades would have no way to tank their alpha. Against the non pvp focused/undergeared shades I can tank/survive, due to kiting, bad timings on the shade or luck. As a nanomage it would be easier I guess.

My shade is a little baby, 214 and half decently geared. The few BS I did the doctors were the only ones I could reliably kill. There were very few doctors that survived for more then a couple of second when someone else fought my target too, no matter which prof they were.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Comes down to the definition of tanking as you say. In my book tanking means standing still and soaking up the dmg toe to toe, which you simply can't do with shades. Kiting is not tanking imo, and PvM shades aren't what I think about when I consider PvP
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

stupid idea. i'm having a hard enough time surviving as it is both in bs and in pvm. go nerf solpers if you wanna nerf something.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    This proves that a good doc could outheal 2 shades w/o stuns being a factor. You see no problem here?
    except that any pvp shade will either have 2 stuns(1 perk 1 proc) or 1 stun and 1 nano DoT (1 perk, 1 proc)

1v1 docs are just about the only proff I don't have a problem with in pvp, excepting ones that are particularly skilled individuals

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    Comes down to the definition of tanking as you say. In my book tanking means standing still and soaking up the dmg toe to toe, which you simply can't do with shades. Kiting is not tanking imo, and PvM shades aren't what I think about when I consider PvP
    Well, some people do like to call it "kiting" when an NT AoE nukes mobs clustered around a stationary enf. So yeah, people have different definitions of seemingly obvious terms.

PS. I do agree with your definition of tanking.

When a shade jumps you you don't have much a of a choice but to stand there and soak up the damage most of the time. After which you die and can start over again from decon.

Doc BS is a complete joke in my experience (duelling is fun but isn't really balancable in any way). We are first to be called, first to die and have an average life expectancy of somewhere around 10 seconds when two sides clash. 20 if you know how to hide around corners well. The shade, however, WILL cme from behind then.

Any nerf to doc healing in PVP won't change anything in this respect. There is no real point advocating for it. When the team from the other side charges my team, I can't help but feel like that first outer bunker of my terran base when the swarm decides to charge my base (some insight into starcraft might be required).

If you encounter a lone doc in BS and the only thing that doc seems to do is heal up the damage you're doing to it and hitting you with a pea shooter. There's probably something going on elsewhere and the doc is trying to keep you occupied so his/her teamies can grab a control point or whatever.

As far as I can tell, besides the grafts, docs have no roots or snares which combined with relatively tight ip and dark blue runspeed means that when you feel you're not going to win a fight from a doc. Run away, you have more than enough time

Quote Originally Posted by Taranide View Post
    Nerf to healing is a complex idea itself. They should just fix the mandatory high HP issue by removing some damage halve in pvp. This would include perks and regulars mainly, making some sort of progessive system. Like the more HP you have, more damage you take from perks and regulars. Special halving is fair enough as it is now.
    Lolwat, more HP should never be a handicap. It's too much of a handicap already in the game of Specials Online we play right now.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast