Talking Suggestions on hostile nano programs in PVP

Roots and snares

*High nano cost

*Break on attack/debuff/nano = 80 %

*Defence skill: nano resist 50 %

*Shorter duration

*Increased recharge

Explanation:
    Roots and snares should be easy to land but they should also be easy to get rid of so they don`t screw the game dynamics. By that I mean landing a snare/root should temporarily pause the opponent, not nail him to the ground forever. The high nano cost would lead to players having to use roots/snares tactically. By high nano cost I mean like 4000 nano cost to cast a single root/snare, and more if AOE.

Init debuffs

*Higher nano cost

*Shorter duration

*Breakable

*AOE init debuffs

*Init debuffs affecting specials

Explanation:
    All init debuffs in pvp should be breakable, including UBT. Professions depending on init debuffs(like my crat), should have its nano pool affected by spamming init debuffs. I would also want to see a AOE init debuff to temporarily slow down a zerg. I would also like init debuffs to affect specials(hehe).

Trader drains

*Completely remove the draining of targets

*Spammable

*Higher nano cost

Explanation:
    I dont mind traders running around with perma Mongo Rage(read: highest attack rating in the game), IF the draining part is removed. My thought is that a trader can spam his drains on everything and everyone transferring skills to the trader but not lowering the skills of the opponent.

Any constructive comments or feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by Superflare View Post
    Trader drains

*Completely remove the draining of targets
    WHAT?! You want to do what? Yea, OK, let's eliminate what a Trader is BASED on. ... I'm sorry, but hell no.
    *Higher nano cost
    Higher... to what point? I have reset nanopool, no first aid kits, and with my 2 second nanodelta I have zero problems with casting drains, or any other nanos, in PVP or PVM.
    Explanation:
    I dont mind traders running around with perma Mongo Rage(read: highest attack rating in the game),
    ... um.
    Yea. Find me a trader with 3800+ AR, please.
    IF the draining part is removed.
    NO.
    My thought is that a trader can spam his drains on everything and everyone transferring skills to the trader but not lowering the skills of the opponent.
    Bro, we depend on these drains to survive in PVP. Our evades mean very little if we can't drain the AR of our opponents. Without being to drain AR, we would die to literally every Ranged Adventurer and Soldier (SMG or AR) that wasn't a complete twit.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

the snares , roots part is fine but 4k nano pool is abit much and 50% check not fair for NR twinkers
    initiative debuffs shorten the duration to 30s so ppl don't disable others forever and caster have to recast it again not cast it and forget it , mb increase the nano cost on it too and i am fine with breaking them with rods only
    as soldier no one can match my hate for traders but what u asking really ridiculous if trader didn't lower the target skill any gimp will toast them ,l actually tr in traders case itis really hard , they have gimpy AR not uber evades/AAD but with drains they turn to monster with perma limber+doff+cib u just have to kill them fast before they drain u or MR them
    Last edited by randomalpha; Jan 10th, 2010 at 01:01:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    NO.
    I lolled :=)

But honestly...If traders could transfer back more to caster, say twice of todays amount (including twice the aad in Corporate Protection), would traders want to drop the opponent drain part? Because I doubt it`s working as intended atm.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jan 13th, 2010 at 18:15:50. Reason: fixed broken quote tag

*Higher nano cost

Higher... to what point? I have reset nanopool, no first aid kits, and with my 2 second nanodelta I have zero problems with casting drains, or any other nanos, in PVP or PVM.

Well then maybe he has a valid point.....
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    And you think that's ok?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    And you think that's ok?
    For a casting centric profession with capped -nanocost, yes it's OK. It stops being OK for professions that aren't nano experts, yet can still chain cast with no IP in nanopool and don't have anywhere near close to capped nanocost.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

I approve most of this, especially trader drains. They should buff the trader's defence as opposed to nerfing the **** out of the target.

+400 for one nano is absurd.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    For a casting centric profession with capped -nanocost, yes it's OK. It stops being OK for professions that aren't nano experts, yet can still chain cast with no IP in nanopool and don't have anywhere near close to capped nanocost.
    I think it's pretty reasonable to expect any profession to raise Nano Pool if they wish to cast nanos infinitely. Any profession that wants to sustain their HP (in PvM, not retarded 30% cap-ville) needs to raise Body Dev.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    *Higher nano cost

Well then maybe he has a valid point.....
    nano to a caster should be like hp to an evader. a precious, limited commodity.

I'd like the same system as in AoC :
    * Debuffs are easier to land
    * They are close to impossible to remove, except for a very few profs who have tools to remove one/two of them
    * They last at most 10s depending on the kind of debuff
    * Once the debuff ends, it gives the target a 1mn full immunity against that particular kind of debuff (root/snare/blind/etc)
    Martialmad - Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mr_road View Post
    Uh no and your analogy is ridiculous.

For your analogy to work, you need to be comparing nano for a caster to evades for an evader.

When you compare like for like, you realise they shouldn't be a precious, limited commodity at all.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

I think it would make more sense to say "Nano to a non-caster should be like HP to an evader. A precious, limited commodity."

It would also be correct to say "Nano to a caster should be like HP to a tank. It's alot, but it's not infinitely self-sustainable."
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    It would also be correct to say "Nano to a caster should be like HP to a tank. It's alot, but it's not infinitely self-sustainable."
    Depends on the casting profession. NTs are capable of nano healing, like Docs are capable of HP healing.

It's also getting ridiculous comparing things like HP and Evades to nano anyway, they're totally different things and mechanics.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

You've really got to stop biting at trolls Saetos lol.
    But I was promised sammiches!

I still say removing the drain aspect of... well... drains is kinda dumb. You might as well just give us AR/nanoskill/weaponskill buffs to cast in decon. And it removes any semblance of Trader being useful to the battlefield if they can't affect the skills of their target.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Uh no and your analogy is ridiculous.
    sorry if it was beyond you.

For your analogy to work, you need to be comparing nano for a caster to evades for an evader.
    comparing nano for a caster to evades for an evader would suggest... that the amount of nano influences the chance of a nano landing.

When you compare like for like, you realise they shouldn't be a precious, limited commodity at all.
    so you're saying that an evader's hp shouldn't be a limited commodity and they shouldn't have to worry about getting hit by normals, random specials, dot's or nukes ?

sorry if it was beyond you.

comparing nano for a caster to evades for an evader would suggest... that the amount of nano influences the chance of a nano landing.

so you're saying that an evader's hp shouldn't be a limited commodity and they shouldn't have to worry about getting hit by normals, random specials, dot's or nukes ?
    I think you missed every point in Hacre's post.

Nano for a caster should be high. Evades for an evader should be high. Both skills, nano and evades, for casters and evaders respectively should be high enough that you can expect them to work consistently, uninterrupted.

Also, comparing like for like means comparing evades to an evader, not HP to an evader. So again, evades for an evader should not be a limited commodity. They should be a constant reliable tool.

Regarding the topic at hand, not this aside, it seems completely fair to me for casting professions to max nano pool. Living purely off of low-ish nano pool and regain tools to supply infinite amounts of nano is one of the dumbest mechanics in game. Yes, I agree that casting professions should be able to... you know... cast stuff... But they should be forced to spend IP into the skill that allows them to cast more nanos if they want to do so indefinitely.

Actually, here's a thought. Increase the nano regen available to casting professions. We're talking about Docs, NTs, Traders, Crats, Enfos (sorta), etc with insane amounts of nano regen, like 600-800 ND ticks. Then, increase nano cost of all nanos by triple. These numbers are completely made up, but the general idea is professions can still achieve highly sustainable nano pools, but the nano cost of each nano requires them to actually have a high amount of nano pool to use the nanos.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

just wanna throw in here. being able to have unlimited/little nano problems with 0 IP into nanopool isnt very good they shoudl have to IP into it, makes sense. and as for the evades vs nano thing, well i can bet u any amount of money that those evaders had to IP into their evades to have it be effective, but the nano pool one dosnt?
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Nanopool is maxed on my NT.

Nanodelta should be directly influenced by IP spent in nanopool.

Body dev is also maxed on my NT. The fact that nano delta tick is affected by Body Dev makes no sense whatsoever.

Nanopool would also be maxed on my Crat, if current Crat IP expenditure wasn't totally retarded (various dark blue skills required to use the only supported weapon line, pistols).

However, if you have to start spamming various core toolset nanos in PvP due to resists, or in the case of lots of mobs in PvM, Crat nano does become a problem if you haven't IP'd nanopool, just look at nanocost on Malaise, Pet Buffs and IPA.

Which is why, as I said, it won't make any sense to just blanket nerf nano or nano regen or nano cost. Some professions sit about right for the most part, whereas others are a bit ridiculous.
    Last edited by Hacre; Jan 11th, 2010 at 13:40:22.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Nanopool is maxed on my NT.

Nanodelta should be directly influenced by IP spent in nanopool.

Body dev is also maxed on my NT. The fact that nano delta tick is affected by Body Dev makes no sense whatsoever.

Nanopool would also be maxed on my Crat, if current Crat IP expenditure wasn't totally retarded (various dark blue skills required to use the only supported weapon line, pistols).

However, if you have to start spamming various core toolset nanos in PvP due to resists, or in the case of lots of mobs in PvM, Crat nano does become a problem if you haven't IP'd nanopool, just look at nanocost on Malaise, Pet Buffs and IPA.

Which is why, as I said, it won't make any sense to just blanket nerf nano or nano regen or nano cost. Some professions sit about right for the most part, whereas others are a bit ridiculous.
    I'm not surprised your NT has it maxed. Also Nano Delta scaling with Body Dev is completely retarded. Crat IP is a total joke. I blame the AS pistol and big multi-range reqs.

But any profession who can "sit about right" with no IP into nano pool needs to be looked at. I know both of my TL7s could get away with no IP in nano pool. It's largely related to low nano cost, and WAY too much +MaxNano items in game.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor