Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Dance of Fools

@ qualinas, totally right.

If an advy staggers his defences, 40 sec DOF, 40 sec limber+coon, 40 sec DOF

Thats a full 2 minutes of basically untouchable.

I think Acrobat needs needs to go to whatever luiza said in the OP.

The only problem is that it'll nerf the crap out of MA's and shades.

Just make it MA/Shade only then? And give advs some minor defense perk line but nowhere near to acrobat. Just my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    Just make it MA/Shade only then? And give advs some minor defense perk line but nowhere near to acrobat. Just my guess.
    Or make DoF shade/ma/fixer only. Limber can stay as it is.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    that would be a good change, adressing the issue of the prof thats actually oped while using dof ( combined with coon and heals ) while not royally screwing up those with much less complex defenses, or even more, whose only real defenses are their evades
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

So you don't think that the so-called "heal nerf" will affect advie survivability adversely enough? The hurt for advies from that will quite likely be in a different ballpark than any other acro professions.

Oh and by the way, for the record. Removing Acrobat 4 would be quite the profession defining change. If anything, bio cocoon is the candidate for removal out of those two. There still should be a potent offensively focused perkline as a replacement, as with the perk changes there will be quite the lack of AAO for any non-trox adventurer versus several professions.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

raising to 2k is just making them invincible for that amt of time.. but I'm not complaining since they're already op for the entire duration of the perk at the moment.
    RK2: 220 Soli Keeper clan

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    So you don't think that the so-called "heal nerf" will affect advie survivability adversely enough?
    Nope. Sadly, "heal nerf" will only affect nanocost.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Nope. Sadly, "heal nerf" will only affect nanocost.
    How could you know the magnitude of this change? It's not like there aren't nano draining items or actions in game to make this stand out.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    How could you know the magnitude of this change? It's not like there aren't nano draining items or actions in game to make this stand out.
    NDA means s/he cant directly tell us things like magnitude

the most notable nano drainers are GTH, some MA attack i believe, and NR perks. GTH is being nerfed in some way, MA attack can only be used if MA isa ctually there, NR perks are a rarity.

there are also ways of getting that nano back, FA stims, notum thing from smugglers den, genious perk, nano delta...
    Last edited by lostlife; Feb 10th, 2010 at 23:56:30.

yea, nerfing nanocost on advy heals is like saying we're going increase the price on first aid stims and hope it slows down the froobs.

pff. what needs a nerf is DOF/coon.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    yea, nerfing nanocost on advy heals is like saying we're going increase the price on first aid stims and hope it slows down the froobs.

pff. what needs a nerf is DOF/coon.
    hmmm i dont know. if its increased to the point where they have to pick to either A) heal with normals normally for the whole duel but no advy CH (this is at tl5 tho) or B) use regulars sparingly and get off maybe one CH. could maybe help balance things up.

at tl7 it would help them not just be able to just stand around forever, since their heals wont be as effective
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

They should have done this long time ago.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

Quote Originally Posted by Jekonam View Post
    They should have done this long time ago.
    ya ppl all telling this dont really consider adv same as ma/fixer/shade do you?
    you still realising that all those proffs have another perk lines to be evade oriented eh?
    or u just talk ADV NEED NERF w/o thinking what u talking at all?
    i bet for last one
    Rapped 220/30/70 Enforcer game over equip retired
    Rapzilla 220/30/70 Adventurer game over equip mr newb?
    Mayhemia 220/30/70 NT game over equip Fixer's best frand
    Rippli 220/25/70 Soldier new equip BS junkie
    Amazinghorse aka Rippped 170/24/42 Agent equip new OP tl5 tool
    Rappjr work in progress
    Rippped 207/30/70 Agent fastest AI30 Ever?

General of Quetzfags // General of The Asylum

Quote Originally Posted by rapp3d View Post
    ya ppl all telling this dont really consider adv same as ma/fixer/shade do you?
    you still realising that all those proffs have another perk lines to be evade oriented eh?
    or u just talk ADV NEED NERF w/o thinking what u talking at all?
    i bet for last one
    Another perkline or not the only prof that has significantly more evades than an adv is a fixer.

MAs have similar and shades have similar.

Of course you have an adv and want to retain your unkillable status and don't really care about anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    MAs have similar and shades have similar.
    i stopped read after this

go to www.auno.org
    get a calculator
    calc how adv have mroe evades than shade or ma
    come back here and explain
    Rapped 220/30/70 Enforcer game over equip retired
    Rapzilla 220/30/70 Adventurer game over equip mr newb?
    Mayhemia 220/30/70 NT game over equip Fixer's best frand
    Rippli 220/25/70 Soldier new equip BS junkie
    Amazinghorse aka Rippped 170/24/42 Agent equip new OP tl5 tool
    Rappjr work in progress
    Rippped 207/30/70 Agent fastest AI30 Ever?

General of Quetzfags // General of The Asylum

I didn't say more, now did I? I said similar which mean close to.

its not acro, its the combination of acro+coon+heals
    no one of these tools are over powered, but used in combination can make things very difficult.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345