Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - January 8th, 2010 - Who took my stuff!

It's kind of nice to see the game director actually cares about the upheaval hacked accounts can cause enough to post a reminder to be careful with your account info.

Hopefully the evul spider was great stress relief.

nah thats just becuse he dont have time to write something about progress of the game, why would he? repeating something that we alredy know is fastest way to get done with FWM
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

To those who don't like this weeks FWM: The QQ spider.

Funcom employee Further information

I did not include any other information of any kind this week as I didn't want to dilute the message: Do not share your accounts.

This is VERY important and has caused no end of trouble over the entire Christmas holidays...the true extent of which only began to come clear this week. This is bad enough to involve multiple lawyers on two continents...which automatically files it under "time consuming" AND "not fun discussion". Major work being done to combat current exploits was also part of this week...and while unfortunately interesting is not really open for discussion.

What our angry (with good reason) German players are singlemindedly interested in is concrete information on how and when the character transfer is going to take place. In their position I would also like to know....and very little else would be interesting to me until I was moved successfully and playing on my new server. Trite spider jokes (while amazingly amusing) would do little to improve my mood.

The character transfer:

1. Test characters have already been moved successfully from RK3 to both RK1 and RK2.
    2. The rules concerning names, organization names, access to non-instanced cities and everything else involved to make this move as fair and equitable as possible for everyone involved is what is taking time. These details have NOT been finalized. Doing this right involves NOT writing them in "10 minutes"
    3. Despite a lack of concrete rule-sets I have still set a deadline for completion of the availability to transfer from D3 to D1 OR D2 to within January.

I also enjoy reading Kintaii's posts more than my own. Kintaii is great fun and does an amazing job of providing the community with information. That being said putting this together every week is not simple...and easier when you don't have to ask someone else what you are allowed to say. This is not a task I am going to drop onto someone else who (like everyone else on the team) already has more to do than can reasonably be expected of any employee.

It is 11pm here. After a week of working hurt/medicated I am done.

Have a great weekend. Hail Macrosun.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

No Means, Hail you too, you do a great job and a lot of us know it.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

While I like to hear from you, I wish you hadn't given them what they wanted. You are not their bitch.

http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2009/0...nt-issues.html
    Dogeared: their fix will probably eliminate the 'sploit that allows you to pass through ''doors'' from one playfield to another. <-- zomg, she was right!

No, it's not good to delete critical posts I find bad Critique is one of them just as good. which is why I think this should also hear the Means no matter how it is because I mean it just is not all fanboys in AO
    bin mal wieder da und Schreibfehler dürft ihr immer noch behalten

Just so everyone understand, I have no problem with a critical post, and don't generally delete such if that is expressed in an articulate and constructive fashion.

"Means you suck" doesn't qualify as those things, and is simply inflammatory, and therefore violates forum rules.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Are those spiders crawling into our accounts now? =p
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

yes but the point is that the consent was the first and I do not apologize for it.

but it can not be what he's always writing something about his vacation and his family or his dog, or any headaches?

I think it should only go to AO and not about his private life or not?
    Last edited by Braves; Jan 9th, 2010 at 00:10:05.

It's his thread, he can write whatever he wants.
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuromotor View Post
    New shirt design?
    New Übah Boss Mob, gotta kill the placeholder that spawns after you've solo'd Beast (GM Placeholder Mob), couple of those & you get 'THE SPIDER'!!!

It drops lvl500 Monster Parts that can be tradeskilled (only by those high end tradeskillers that have no other life), into amazing level 200 Treatment Labs...

Enjoy!
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    What our angry (with good reason) German players are singlemindedly interested in is concrete information on how and when the character transfer is going to take place. In their position I would also like to know....and very little else would be interesting to me until I was moved successfully and playing on my new server. Trite spider jokes (while amazingly amusing) would do little to improve my mood.
    Being angry is one thing.

Insulting you or others because of that anger is totally another thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Braves View Post
    yes but the point is that the consent was the first and I do not apologize for it.

but it can not be what he's always writing something about his vacation and his family or his dog, or any headaches?

Quick, never ever ever talk off topic again!!! You can only ever talk about AO NOW!! Any side topic must be some anecdote that happened in AO and it must be enjoyable to ME (who cares about those other cretins)! If I don't find it funny or it's not important to ME you have to not post it. Mmkay?
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

But calm down ok ...

My question would be:

1. will remain the German forum?

2. we will in future also a few events for DNW received at least until we move to pass the time on?

3. it is a kind of final event type as the v2 rockets into the cities embark or so what if we go?

2 Short paragraphs, as an introduction and an exit joke, is all that didn't involve AO, the rest of the original post did involve AO and was about a very important matter.

The fact he bothers to write anything at all every single week of the year indicates he cares enough about AO that he is even working during his holidays.

If you don't like it, you don't have to read it, but expecting constant game updates week in and week out even during International Holidays is, I believe, highly unreasonable of you.

Personally I like to get some idea of the behind the scenes running of things, whether that's hard details about AO's development, or the stuff that's caused delays in AO's developement, it all has a bearing on the game in some respect.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal View Post
    It's his thread, he can write whatever he wants.
    ok we not ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aapje View Post
    Here is another picture of a spider.
    Where did you get that? It's crap, looks like it's been rendered on a Sinclare ZX81...! lol.
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    2 Short paragraphs, as an introduction and an exit joke, is all that didn't involve AO, the rest of the original post did involve AO and was about a very important matter.

The fact he bothers to write anything at all every single week of the year indicates he cares enough about AO that he is even working during his holidays.

If you don't like it, you don't have to read it, but expecting constant game updates week in and week out even during International Holidays is, I believe, highly unreasonable of you.

Personally I like to get some idea of the behind the scenes running of things, whether that's hard details about AO's development, or the stuff that's caused delays in AO's developement, it all has a bearing on the game in some respect.
    sad that some are still so stupid but it seems so ...

a lot of fun still in AO

I now play (REMOVED BY MEANS)

and means don´t lay me words in my posts i don´t write
    Last edited by Means; Jan 11th, 2010 at 21:05:38. Reason: Removed promotion of competitors game in my weekly thread.

I now play AION
    Then why are you hanging around here busting Means's balls?
    Dogeared: their fix will probably eliminate the 'sploit that allows you to pass through ''doors'' from one playfield to another. <-- zomg, she was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    Where did you get that? It's crap, looks like it's been rendered on a Sinclare ZX81...! lol.
    That's a hobo spider. I hate them.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast