Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - January 8th, 2010 - Who took my stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    poke your Professional.
    You might want to buy them dinner first.

EDIT: Top of page 2 and page 3. Hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

18.4 Patch Notes:

-- We could not think of any other ideas, so TL5 Carlo will be a construction paper cutout of a black spider. I hope this suffices.

[[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

@ Braves

If they're moving the germans to other servers already, they wont cause the dead of AO if they quit... just making things easier about the transfer actually

/sarcasme off

True, the AO client security can be better since i got my account hacked also (non shared account since i changed all the info about it years ago and regulary switch PW since i've had all my accounts hacked a while ago because i used the same PW >< silly me (including GW, WoW, Aion))

And i enjoy these FWM because sometimes they give nice info, and other times it just shows that Means and company are just humans and have a sense of weird humour
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Digitization View Post
    Its not about him having to do it. i want somebody else to do it better. because i want to know if im gonna pay that 100 bucks for another year subscription or not? maybe thats important to know where the game is going before i make that choice. I've been playing since 2004 and now more than ever i need to know how and what things are going on cause im getting bored out of my skull. Im trying to hold on to what little there is left but im not gonna keep dishing out money for no information.
    What will we have in 2010?

-Hoping for the engine to hit its final stage, and release.
    -Work on a new beginners experience is in the preliminaries, I can assume from previous FWMs.
    -Balancing is a long, arduous process, that they are busting through and still getting through feedback on.
    -Daily Missions is hitting its final stage, it might even be at in-house testing, can't know if I don't work there.
    -I bet you they have another instance or something they haven't mentioned at least in a planning stage.

Knowing this much about whats going on in the game is something you don't really get with other companies. If Means has a rough week, give the man a damn break. We don't want Kintaii doing FW because he's a meaniehead. Or something. We just like Means more ;P

I don't believe I'm having to point this out to people whom are posting in the same forum where it's obviously listed in order but *shrug*

Jan 8 (today) Info about account sharing and the problems its causing customer service, and asking that players stop doing it.

Jan 1st (last fwm) Stating that he has nothing to post about because they have been out of the office for the holiday.

Dec 25 (Christmas DAY AT THAT) Means took time out to tell players about everything they should expect to see in 2010. That includes, Balance, New Engine, New starting experience, and daily missions.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

and this translated by Google from German forum :

FWM is not so meaningless. Means writes, that will make the (already questionable) support is now even less. Is great but where one still can not find anywhere what to save. ^ ^
    When we consider that Funcom has proven itself negligent issue account data, this new policy, however, a insolence.
    bin mal wieder da und Schreibfehler dürft ihr immer noch behalten

Profession Balancing Info released this week:

If that's not enough info for you, well I guess you're out of luck.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

i love all post by kintaii. you only proved what i stated at the start
    220/30/70 Fixer RK 2

Please make one of these.

Spider Backpack
    A backpack of unique design made in commemoration for the week that Means blamed people who put themselves at risk of being hacked for derailing his weekly FWM thread.
    [NODROP][UNIQUE][SPECIAL]
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I have now had a migraine headache for a week.
    Must be the global warming, in europe we get the coldest winter for decades...
    Last edited by Lightcreator; Jan 8th, 2010 at 21:26:37. Reason: error
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    /Trollfail
    How about answering the question istead of trolling your own thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal View Post
    How about you hire someone to team that knows at least basics of security?
    Have you checked the process info of client.exe? Guess what you can find there..
    Also, sensitive info stored in memory in PLAIN TEXT and STATIC POINTERS..
    I bet about half of the people that got their account hacked because of "sharing" have never shared their account.
    Actually, I'd be willing to bet that at -least- 90% of account hacking is as a result of account sharing, 9% due to poor local security and 1% due to LEET HAXX0RZ getting past someone's Pentagon strength firewall and checking out their process list to get someone's AO info.

Yes the process list is somewhat irresponsible on FC's part, however if someone is -already- looking at that information then you've -already- failed pretty hard and are -already- in deeper dire straits, because now not only can the person with that info get at your AO login, but your email, your online banking...

Quote Originally Posted by omegahealer View Post
    True, the AO client security can be better since i got my account hacked also (non shared account since i changed all the info about it years ago and regulary switch PW since i've had all my accounts hacked a while ago because i used the same PW >< silly me (including GW, WoW, Aion))
    See my above comment, this puts you among the 9% I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitization View Post
    Its not about him having to do it. i want somebody else to do it better. because i want to know if im gonna pay that 100 bucks for another year subscription or not? maybe thats important to know where the game is going before i make that choice. I've been playing since 2004 and now more than ever i need to know how and what things are going on cause im getting bored out of my skull. Im trying to hold on to what little there is left but im not gonna keep dishing out money for no information.
    You're aware, I assume, that you can a: stop paying and playing until you do see information you want to see on the forums or b: renew on a monthly/tri monthly basis spending less money in the short term while you see what's coming?

If you're bored, take a break. Whining like a petulant child in FWM isn't going to suddenly get you more information. If Means had information to give, he would have given it. He hasn't decided to punish us all due to a naive two or three people that have been "hacked" this week. Besides, as others said, they released a ton of information this week, just not in FWM. Not information you wanted? Too bad, so sad, there's only so much that can be done in a 7 day period with the available man hours. You say you're 30, which puts you a year older than me, how about you act like it and show that you understand how business and customer service works, hmm?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Profession Balancing Info released this week:

If that's not enough info for you, well I guess you're out of luck.
    Nicely done, this should cut out some of the whining.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Today at 18:32:45.. Reason: constantly mistyping someone else's name in an attempt to belittle them in harassment

If you have a complaint, type it constructively. Personal attacks on the Game Director, bickering back and forth about who should or shouldn't be posting X or Y amount of information is not only pointless, its quite rude and against the forum rules. As pointed out, there is tremendous amounts of information about the rebalancing released to the Profession forums, quite a bit of it including active discussions from the developers. Go make constructive arguments about the progress of your game rather than sniping at each other, thank you.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

..i loled
    so from now it will be ''make positive posts or dont make them at all'' ?
    Last edited by Neosh1; Jan 8th, 2010 at 22:09:23.
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    If you have a complaint, type it constructively. Personal attacks on the Game Director, bickering back and forth about who should or shouldn't be posting X or Y amount of information is not only pointless, its quite rude and against the forum rules. As pointed out, there is tremendous amounts of information about the rebalancing released to the Profession forums, quite a bit of it including active discussions from the developers. Go make constructive arguments about the progress of your game rather than sniping at each other, thank you.
    thanks for erasing things where i put time into. I wrote this, because i felt its important to tell. I didnt attack someone, i only told Fc what i am thinking. I didnt attack the GD personal...but okay for stealing my time.

Now i know. handpainted windows 98 paint spider pictures are for the game more important than feedback of a customer....

My last post in this forum....

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_One View Post
    Please make one of these.

Spider Backpack
    A backpack of unique design made in commemoration for the week that Means blamed people who put themselves at risk of being hacked for derailing his weekly FWM thread.
    [NODROP][UNIQUE][SPECIAL]
    LOL i'll /sign that I suppose. I like to collect weird backpacks anyway.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I wonder what's with the self entitlement committee coming to FWM every time he doesn't post the information they want?

It's been said before people but looks like it hasn't sunk in. Means is not obligated to talk to us at all not to mention talk to us about specific bits of detail on progress or whatnot. His job is to run the game, not talk to us.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Neosh1 View Post
    ..i loled
    so from now it will be ''make positive posts or dont make them at all'' ?
    There are many different types of posts. When it comes to negative posts there are also many different variations. It is perfectly possible to post negative comments about something without breaking the rules or being overly rude while doing so.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

BTW, adding my own bit here. I has angry spider too! XD

clicky
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast