Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloodloss

Bloodloss

BLOODLOSS
    ------Introduction------

A long, old fashioned office lay dormant. Dimly-lit lights on the ceiling illuminated the cigarette smoke that seemed to perpetually linger like a mist in the air. At the end of the office, a walled cubicle stood with the blinds shut behind the glass. On the door to the cubicle a thin strip of metal was printed with the name "DCI VALIDIUS HUNT". After all the other investigators had left, Validius had remained in his lonely kingdom.

Validius looked over the papers on his desk to recollect what his current investigation was before his little "accident" made him a living, breathing solitus again. "So, the boys in blue are investigating an attack on Omni-Mining..." He thought as he leaned back in his leather chair with a creak.

He knew he would inevitably bump into them - whether he liked it or not. He slipped his hand inside his coat to reveal a hip flask, tasting the scotch contained discretely within. He knew that when non-uniformed conflicts with uniformed, it would never be pleasant.
    = Captain "Arthazar" Harcrow (Captain of The Phoenix Fortune)
    = Reporter "Lucetta" Phoenix (IRRK Freelance Reporter)
    = Sir "Sterlings" Furlocke (The Old English Trading Co.)
    = Dr. Malcom "Cormack" Ardman (University of Borealis)
    = "Paulon" McPhasefront, "Georj" Hairyson, "Johnar" Lemon & "Morninn" Starr (The Leetles)
    = "Gridfeed" (Camera Drone)
    = Director "Dartello" Marello (Black-Net)
    = DCI "Validius" Hunt (Department of Investigations)
    = DS John "Streller" (Department of Investigations)

= Major "Jimako" Jones (OTAF)
    = Mack "Teffler" Falloway (Clan hunter/trader)

Feyad was busy working in his new Office in Clon****, trying to reduce the number of reports in his "In" box. Looking over a report on recent events in Borealis and Versailles Tower, something comes to mind. Reaching over, he buzzes "Forensics" on his grid-phone.

"Hello Forensics," Feyad calls into the speaker. "Aye, Forensics here, Sir" comes a reply. "Do you have a report on the contents of that syringe we found in Borealis yet?" asks Feyad. "Sir, no sir" replies the tech on the other end. "We had to send it to Omni-Med for analysis and have not received back a report yet." "Well get on the horn, trooper and see what's taking them so long and get back to me," shouts Feyad. "SIR, yes sir!" comes the reply from the speaker.

"Damn it, mused Feyad... we need our own forensics lab and personnel.... this depending on Omni-Med for analysis of evidence is slowing down our work. I'm still su****ious of the convenient disappearance of that Hadrensen medical documents from Omni-Med. Something's not right there...."

*Beep*

"Yes?" Feyad asks. "Sir.... um.... Omni-Med is telling me the item is in the backlog list for items to be analyzed.... um.... after a forensic analysis of incoming "Medical Make-up" pharmaceuticals. um... They'll get back to us when they're done, Sir" the technician nervously replies.

"WHAT?"....... of all the asinine ways to run a department. Thank-you trooper... I'll look into it myself."

Feyad begins dialing the grid number to Omni-Med......
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

General Rahal stormed into the field office in Clon****. Rubbing his jaw, he bellowed "@$^@%^$@ Validius." Suddenly, everyone in the office found work to do. It was not a good idea to come to the General's attention when he was in one of these moods.

Moving over to his desk, Feyad brought up the recent reports filed by Sgt. Anilrid and Cpl. Larynda about the incident outside Neuters'R'Us in Omni-1 Entertainment. Reading the reports and editing a few things here and there, Feyad looks up and bellows over at Sgt. Anilrid, "Sergeant, what's the status on that forensic evidence from Omni-Med?" Nervously, Anilrid looks up and says, "Sir, Omni-Med says that the evidence is in the queue. They will get to it after they do quality assurance testing on a batch of 'Revlon' medical supplies from Omni-Prime for Director Prestin."

"WHAT!" bellowed Feyad. "That's it. I'm going to Director Sergeyich. I'll be damned if I'm going to kiss and make up with Validius and his damned Department of Investigations just to get a decent forensic lab." General Rahal stormed out of the office, heading to the grid.

(Atlantean)

formerly

Validius walked into Rompas with his two investigators behind him.
    "You showed him, guv" commented one of them as Validius approached the bar. His shirt was unbuttoned at the top, sprayed with light splatters of blood which gave the bartender a somewhat concerned look.
    "A-are you alright, sir?" asked the bartender.
    "Two pints and a double. Ta mate." gruffly replied Validius, which seemed to answer his question fairly well.
    Detective Sergeant Streller glanced over as he caught glimpse of Lucetta Phoenix, an IRRK Reporter, heading towards their direction with a distasteful look on her face. He nudged Validius to inform him of the arriving threat.
    "Bollocks, the press."
    "Yeah. "Bollocks". I saw what you did."

"Well congratulations luv, what d'ya want? A medal?"
    "You know what I've always wanted to do, DCI Hunt. Tell the planet that you're an overweight, over-the-hill, nicotine-stained, borderline alcoholic sexist with a superiority complex and an unhealthy obsession with male bonding. And now I have the perfect picture to prove it."
    "You make that sound like a bad thing."
    "Oh shut up." she replies, deciding to just give up and go write her report.
    = "Paulon" McPhasefront, "Georj" Hairyson, "Johnar" Lemon & "Morninn" Starr (The Leetles)

"Guv, we've got a package from Omni-Med. Turns out they've sent that evidence over to us."
    DS Streller opened the package to reveal a sealed container. Within lied a ritual dagger of some sort, with an inscription on the blade. It appeared worn however, and only the letters R, U and E were visible.
    "Brill." replied DCI Hunt, swilling his glass of whiskey at his desk.
    "Pollers nil, Hunt two."

Nadab phased out of his Charon near the door in Clon****. Thinking to himself *We really should get an Omni-Pol paint job version of that nano.* Suddenly sounds of explosions, breaking glass came from the other side of the door to the Field Office of Omni-Pol. Pulling out his KMP-5, Nadab burst through the door to a scene of utter mayham.

General Rahal was screaming into his com-unit at least at 200 decibles. Broken computer parts and lab equipment were strewn all over the office. Nadab noticed that other bureaucratic officers in the office were huddled in the corner trying to look unintrusive and seemed to be busy with other paperwork. General Rahal screamed in to the com-unit "I'm coming down there right now. If you don't have that report ready when I get there I'll see that you spend the rest of your misirble life in an Omni-Reform pain amplifier." Disgustedly throwing his com-unit against the wall, General Rahal storms out of Field Ops office.

Waiting for the reverbations and dust to settle, Nadab begain to help pick up the mess. So, what's got the General in a snit today?" One of the clerk-crats looked up, "Omni-Med. It appears they sent the report and evidence from our recent case to DOI instead of back to us." *OH CRAP* thought Nadab. "Well..... I think I'll go investigate some Shadows in Inferno until things get quieter here," Nadab told the clerk. "Good luck on the mess."

Quickly Nadab exited the building, checking to see which garden key he had active and activated his Shadowlands Re-Call Beacon and slowly faded out.

(Atlantean)

formerly

Feyad headed back to the Office in Clon****. It had been a long day in Omni-1 Entertainment. What with the Organizational shake-up at the monthly meeting and the new promotions and restructuring of departments. "Ha, he thought to himself, Nothing like busting everyone back to private to shake a few dead limbs out of the tree."

Negating his Charon, Feyad enters the office and immediately heads for the coffee maker and gets himself a large cup of joe. Sitting down at his desk, he pulls out a vintage bottle of Brogan's Legacy Irish Single Malt and proceeds to make his coffee more Irish than coffee. Sitting back, he takes a moment to relax. Pulling up a data pad, he muses over the changes in personnel. Noting who has moved to other departments, who has moved to Field Ops, promotions, demotions! He begins to restructure the Patrol roster when his comm unit beeps. Seeing that it is a data file from "Uragon", he shunts it over to his data pad to browse. "Ah," he thinks, "It's the minutes from the Board of Directors Meeting. This should be interesting."

Scanning the data pad, browsing over the meeting minutes, when Feyad sits up and shouts "What the hell." Zooming in on a part of the conversation between CEO Zora and DCI Hunt "Zora: You are an Omni-Pol Officer regardless of rank!" "Geezus @&$@$%!#$!$," now he's got official recognition from the Board." Continuing to browse the minutes, Feyad comes across more disturbing news. "Great," he exclaims, "My officers have been pounding their boots off following up leads in Rome, Trade and Entertainment, and Hunt finds the fugitive in 4 HOLES!" "Damnit, this was our case!" "He should have given us that lead," Feyad grumbled to himself.

Browsing further, Feyad finds more disappointing news. Throwing his coffee mug against the wall, the pieces joining the others on the floor. "Great, just great," he growls. "No budget for our own forensics team, and even worse I have to put up with either Omni-Med rejects or work with Hunt and his goons." This just keeps getting better and better. What with the Director's new "touchy-feelie" non-violent approach to criminals, June is stacking up to be a royal ^*@%^@#$% month.

Pacing back and forth, grumbling to himself, Feyad looks at the Duty Roster. "YES!" Heading to his desk, he pushes the comm button. "Sergeant, have those two new corporals Naem and Monita report to the HQ for Shark Cleaning. Issue them the toothbrushes and the SCUBA gear with the razor blades."

(Atlantean)

formerly

Hunt grumbled to himself, heading straight for the whiskey in his office.
    He may not have won the battle in the board, though DSI Farndale was reasonably tolerable, he thought... As long as his visits stay as brief as usual. And as for the birds in the department? He pondered to himself. At least he'd have some skirt to look at. Never a bad thing.
    The little tally board in the office reminded him of another battle underway. The board had marked down the victories of the DoI and the uniformed officers over the investigation of the loony clanswoman, among other things. The detectives nearby were laughing about the results, which were surprisingly untampered with given the nature of the bunch.

Pollers 1, DoI 6.

"Right you lot, you can laugh all you like about that later. Right now we've got a looney bird captured by some crazy bloody cult, an' all we have as leads is this ruddy dagger! Get out there!"

The detectives quickly straighten their expressions and hurry out of the office, determined to find at least something to get back on the trail.

Department Representitive for Omni-InternOps MAX's Avatar
    MAX sat with a expressionless look on his face.

Of course, most of his expressions were .... "expressionless"....unless he specifically choose to mimic one expression or another for a set purpose. He was reviewing reports. It always aroused his interest, how the concept of "competition" could spark people to higher achievements than they would have reached without this perceived "contest". DOI and Pol, both arms of the same branch. Yet they seemed to feel one had something to prove over the other. Of interest to MAX only in that it seemed to be spurring both arms to greater efforts for the benefit of the Corporation. As long as they didn't start to sabotage the efforts of each other, there was only greater benefit to the corporation. That was always the ultimate goal. Protection of corporate assets. Which lead to greater profit. Which lead to the satisfaction of those on Omni-Prime.

MAX sat expressionless.. as he quietly continued to pursue the various reports and messages that flowed through his synapses with a barely preceptable sound.

Naem and Monita were doing daily Patrol in Rome Green when suddenly his Comm Pad sounds off, a high almost Sonic sound.

Moni, wait, my Comm Pad warns me of a Special Event, due to its sound it has produced, I can tell you already "This is going to be very exiting news .. but not directly for us."
    At the same moment Naem's Hacking device begins to produce a humming sound.
    Hmm, thats very strange, indeed very strange ...
    Naem takes out his Comm Pad and sees its an Order issued by General Feyad, past into the grid by an unkown Sargeant.

Immediate Orders from Gen feyad to head to HQ Monita, we are having a meeting with huuuuh , what? , Sharks !?

'As Opifex Naem isn't so fond with the Solitus Breed, he knows that 'they' created his Breed together with the other Breeds.
    He knows that the Solutius Breed has lost knowledge of their Creator, as he calls them the race that Walks in Darkness.'

Right ! I got a strong feeling that General Feyad is in Darkness again, probably he got loaded with Protocols and Procedures that aren't evolving quite well to his wantings, so Monita, its our Duty to help Gen. Feyad out of his darkness; a habit of all Solitus Breeds;

Naem's old Hacking device is still humming an attractive sound and gets Naems attention again.

This Order Monita, has a high probalitity factor that its issued in a very Dark mood, or that it leads to a dark road.
    I thank my ancestors that they left me such a Legacy, its thanks to this very old Hacking device that we can fullfill our destiny!

Lets go to the HQ Monita, its an urgent Order, we don't have time to sit and further interpret the vibrations that my hacking device is issuing to my awareness.

Lets go clean the Shark tank, when we're there we have to look out for Gen. Feyad and try to help him further to bring Light into his awareness again; its a habit of those solitus that they walk in darkness and its our duty as Opifex to be an example of the Breed that Walks in Light.

Naem stops and activates his GridAccess Nano ...

The memo-pad flew neglectfully across the room and bounced on the sofa as it landed, still displaying her recording of the latest Omni-Tek Affiliate Meeting. Angelena Rhees leaned forward, her forearms resting on the mezzanine's railing, her combat can hanging above the first floor. She continued talking in her com unit.

"That's what I was talking about. The sunuvagun doesn't even know how to make a proper arrest, let alone know why. Yet, Director Sergeyich told Blondie that he was a member of Omni-Pol, even if the merger is not complete. What a brown noser..."

Lena snorted then took a sip.

"No, nothing much, 'xcept that he managed to annoy half of the attendees, the feminine half. He believes that 'females' are a lesser breed.

Mmhmm... Nuh huh, he didn't even bother to apologize to Director Pourais, who was right in front of the room. And he got away with it.
    "

Lena grinned at the reply that came from her com unit.

"You know my take on it. Yeah, even -you- managed to show what you can do with you're not focused on the latest cutie around..."

She snickered, hearing the protests at the other end of the com unit.

"Hey, hey, easy now... You know how I love to pick on you, y'ain't gonna spoil my fun now, are ya?"

Lena smirked.

"No, not yet. Let's see what he does first. With this kind of attitude, we probably won't even have to bother. Despite all the results he can pull off, his methods are questionable and the dissension he will bring with him is going to become so disruptive that action will -have- to be taken. I'm not gonna waste my time trying to throw a monkey wrench in Blondie's gears. He does that very well on his own."

Lena shrugged before taking another sip while the woman's reply in the com unit.

"Naaaah... Just let 'im dig his own grave. He's walking on thin ice: his attitude forces him to deliver if he doesn't want to face sanctions. Yah, he's bending the rules, and everybody sees it."

After the woman added something, Lena nodded.

"He's even trying to emule Sergeyich, like if the bottle was enough to make 'em best buddies in the world... But Sergeyich is no idiot. The more Hunt opens his obnoxious yapper, the more he's painting himself in the corner: if he doesn't deliver, he'll have it six inches up his pride. Let him bark and call you 'luv" all he wants. He's just trying to make up for what's so utterly lacking elsewhere..."

The tall Solitus busted out laughing, then thinly grinned.

"You really think that's what he needs? Then at least, don't do it in here, mm'kay? I'd have to have to disinfect the flat after..."

She shuddered, still grinning.

"Good. See you later, Simone. Try not to throw your drink at him next time you see him, mm'kay? He's not worth the price of your drink."

Lena closed the link and sighed, muttering to herself.

"And there I thought I was done with that crap when I left Omni-Prime..."
    Angelena "Oozi" Rhees
    Detective Sergeant, Department of Investigations

DC Asule Winters

There was a beeping coming over the inhouse communications and security system.
    The light was winking on and off on the console in the corner of the staff room.
    Asule tried to ignore it, but it became incessant.

Asule looked up in annoyance at the source of his distraction. Looking down he realised he had lost his place in the report he was reading.
    Grumbling he climbed out of the sofa and checked on the system. Tapping a few keys he brought up the source of the disturbance.
    A window popped up on the display showing a young opifex male standing outside the facilities main doors in the uniform of Omni Trans. Over his shoulder he was carrying a large, long matte black metal case with simple clasps and a lock on it.
    Frowning Asule clicked on the intercom. and pulled the mic stand closer.

"Identify yourself and state your purpose here please." He stated calmly into the mic.
    The young opifex stood up straighter in the vid feed and moved closer to the intercom panel before his voice came through.
    "Er, Stan Morslieb of Omni-Trans, I've a delivery here for DC Winters of the Department of Investigations? I am in the right place aren't I?"
    "This is DC Winters. Remain where you are I'm coming out to you."

Asule stood back up from leaning against the console desk and walked out of the staff room and down the long hallways to the front entrance. He paused for just a moment to look around before typing in the codes to open the doors.

Stan Morslieb hefted the metal case and walked inside, first looking at Asule before quickly looking away and around at the inside.

"So, this is the Department of Investigations is it?"
    "Yes, what do you have for me?" Asule replied, quickly tapping in the codes to shut the doors, before turning to face the Omni-Trans courier.

Turning round to look at Asule once more, Stan hefted the metal case.
    "Do you have somewhere where i can unpack this?"
    "This way." Asule began to walk down the corridor, leading the Courier to the staff room. Whats in the case? he wondered as he walked silently onwards.

Moments later Stan had placed the metal case on the table infront of the sofa and Asule was seated watching.
    He stood behind the case, much like a showman, proud to talk about the product infront of him.

"Omni-Pol HQ apparently recieved a complaint you filed about the Perennium sniper rifle you had been issued with and how it was not up to standards. Well they analysed it and found it wasnt. So I've been sent here to present you with your new rifle." he began.
    "Oh great, not another perennium.." Asule cut in, as he allowed himself to slump backwards into the sofa.
    "Oh no. It seems someone up top has a liking for the DoI. This is fresh off the assembly line, a new OFAB Cobra MK6." Stan said as his hands flashed over the case, flicking off the clasps and opening the lid to reveal what lay inside.

Within the case the Cobra lay in foam bed, in its component pieces ready for assembly complete with optional attachements.
    Asule leaned forwards his eyes lighting up for the first time since his last pay check. His eyes lingered on the dissembled rifle before him for a moment.
    He flicked his gaze to lock onto Stan.
    "This is the latest model. With the custom tooled and rifled reinforced barrel, solid stock, and adjustable multi optics sights, including low light and infra red. With the built in wind adjustment module,tripod and two stick stands. And the muzzle flash suppressor. Along with the assorted maintence and cleaning equipment?"

The colour drained from Stan's face as Asule listed all the components of the rifle he had just spent the better part of two hours reading up on before coming out to make the delivery.
    "Erm...er...I believe so.." He stuttered nervously.
    "Excellent." Asule simply said, his attention snapping back to the rifle.
    "I. I just need to sign this erm, receiptt of delivery, then its all yours."
    Stan started searching through his satchel bag for the relevant paperwork, the words of his colleagues running through his head.
    "The DoI are a bunch of nutcase mavericks, more likely to beat the crap out of you than left you off with a warning. Good luck getting out of there with your skin intact!"
    He shakily held out the receipt datapad, only to have Asule whip it out of his hand, enter his identification and shove it back into his hand in moments.

"Shoo. You know where the exit is and are probably very busy, thank you." Asule said not looking up as his hand darted around inside the case prising components out of various shaped foam holes and rapidly assembling them.

Stan too his que and darted out, of the room and along the corridor, swearing to himself to never volunteer to deliver to this department ever again.

Asule was by now standing between the coffee table and the sofa, the rifle tucked into his shoulder and getting a feel for this new rifle.

Stan still walking hurridly towards the exit, took a glance behind him, half expecting to see the somewhat singleminded officer behind him with the rifle trained on him. Turning around he was just in time to throw himself out of the way of another intimidating officer just entering through the front doors.
    Without another thought, he put on a burst of speed and darted around and out of the closing doors, to the sound of the officer shouting at him to get back.

Streller looking extremely pissed off for nearly being knocked down by a courier of all things turned back into the building after it was obvious the guy wasnt going to come back, no matter how much he shouted he needed to learn to watch where he was going.
    He walked towards the staff room, planning on getting a cup of coffee before writing that damn report he had been putting off.

Asule continued to pan the rifle around the room getting used to fiddling with the sights.

As Streller entered a slight movement caught his attention. His head flicked round, wondering what danger he could be in.

Asule found that there was some strange flesh coloured curves appearing in his sight. It couldnt be right, the sights must be wrong, a milisecond later however and it had disappeared.

Streller cried out in shock as he found himself looking down the barrel of a gun, and immediately threw himself headlong across the room, screaming out a curse at the top of his lungs.

Asule frowned and pulled up the rifle, suddenly hearing a familiar voice swearing at the top of his lungs. He caught sight of Streller, lying disheveled on the far side of the room to the entrance, a look of pure murder on his face.
    "Er, what are you doing down there Sargeant?" he asked.

General Rahl looked up at the beeping screen. Logging in he sees that it is a grid-mail from Sgt. Rinne, opening the message he begins to scan the memo.

To [Validius]: This is Simone Rinne, of Field Ops. I was hopping to have a minute of your time.
    [Validius]: Yes?
    To [Validius]: A few days ago General Rahl made a request for notes in regard to the Rhees case, however it seems we have not received it. I was wondering if you knew which courier was used?
    To [Validius]: I am trying to track the package down
    [Validius]: You lost that bloody thing already? 'Ka, DC Winters dropped it off personally.
    [Validius]: Who'd trust sensitive case files to bloody couriers anyway?
    To [Validius]: Did he by chance go to the Clon**** office?
    [Validius]: Don't ask me luv. I wasn't the one sending it.
    To [Validius]: the Courier is obviously a trusted officer. I'm beginning to suspect that it is in the files still being unpacked from the move
    [Validius]: Paperwork is pointless anyway.
    To [Validius]: Thank you. Honestly this is why I prefer digital copies. *Smiles back in the comlink* thank you Sir.
    To [Validius]: it's a bit extensive... but that's what bots are for
    To [Validius]: any way I'll check the moving boxes, thank you again
    [Validius]: Digital copies can be hacked. If you want a paper copy, you have to go through the team. Paperwork in any form is a complete waste of time.
    To [Validius]: and tracking it is wasting mine. *sighs* but, I'd better get back to the search, Ta!
    "Bloody 'ell. Arrogant bastard! No organization, no discipline just brute force investigating. I'll be glad when I get some dirt on Hunt and get him booted off this rock. Better for me, better for Omni-Pol and then I can get back to real policework."

Now to send off that new evidence to Omni-Med for analysis. They better not loose this batch or they'll be hell to pay!

(Atlantean)

formerly

General Rahl strolled through the new field office in Trade. Looking around he noticed that the halls were clear of vermin and squatters. "Good, good," he thought to himself, "Officer Anouk is finally doing something right!"

Logging in to one of the general computers, General brings up a tracking program. "Outstanding," he mumbles to no one. "The package arrived at Omni-Med HQ on Saturday, July10th at 1345 hrs. They should have a preliminary report by now. Good idea Sgt. Rinnes had, I'll have to keep an eye on her."

Switching to a comm program, General Rahl dials in Omni-Med HQ. "Hello, Omni-Med? This is General Feyad Rahl, Omni-Pol Field Ops. I'm checking on an evidence package delivered to you on Saturday, July 10th, Omni-Trans Express #0976869-1234420-BD34567. Is there a preliminary report available?" (intelligible response from computer) "WHAT!" screams Feyad. "I have confirmation right here that the package was delivered by Omni-Trans Express. How can you not have a record of that! What is your name? Technician Wenlu, eh? Well, you stay right there, I'm on my way over to Omni-Med right now and WE WILL FIND THIS PACKAGE! Understood?"

Grabbing his Superior Perenium Blaster, General Rahl stormed out of the office.

(Atlantean)

formerly

Feyad paced back and forth in the small cell. "Hunt, Burkket, Asule. Hunt, Burkket, Asule," he chanted like a mantra with each step. "I will pull that Department down around their arses. No body and I mean NOBODY makes a fool of Omni-Pol and ME!" shouted Feyad.

(Atlantean)

formerly

"What the heck did he think?... What the heck did he fecking think?!"

*thump!*

"There's gotta be something that triggered him... He didn't blow a gasket just like that... But the desk guy still called for US, guddammit!"

*thump!!*

"And what happened? Omni-Pol shows up, and we are fecking blocked by Mistah Blondie and his merry band of goons! ARGH!"

*thump-thump-thump!!!*

"Okay, okay... At any rate, whenever someone makes it personal, they start making mistakes... I'm not gonna fall in that trap, HELL NO!"

*thump-punch-kick!*

Lena heard a dull cracking sound, followed by a steady hissing. Perking an ear, she tracked down the source of the sound to her punching bag. Her shoulders dropped.

"...Great. Thaaaat's juuuust great. Now I'm gonna have sand all over the fecking floor and I'll need to fetch another fecking punching bag."

Lena stomped out to the shower, letting the punching bag slowly bleed out its sand. The "V", the "L" and the "I" scribbled in marker started to cave in as the bag was flattening out, leaving out "A D I U S".
    Angelena "Oozi" Rhees
    Detective Sergeant, Department of Investigations

DS Asule Winters

Winters walked into the office in the early hours of the morning, far earlier than the detectives usually crawled in.
    In one hand he had a large mug of fresh coffee, and under the other arm a large parcel of files.
    Coming to his desk he dropped the files onto its surface with a heavy thud.
    Taking a quick sip from the mug, he sat down.
    Flicking on the holoscreen he pulled the keyboard towards himself and opened the first of the files and began typing.

A couple of hours passed with only the sounds from the keyboard and the clump of the coffee mug hitting the desk top time after time.
    After a time the comm's traffic scanner started to pick up more messages being sent, and he could hear the sounds of the other detectives beginning to arrive for work.
    Ignoring the distractions he continued to write and compile the report.

Waterdrops splashed up in the air resembling little diamonds falling down again when caught by the sun. Anouk swam as if her life depended on it.

"Why oh why can't they just work together. Every sensible mind knows the biggest things are achieved when teaming up, instead of wiping the ground from under eachothers feet. It only gives tensions, and an oppurtinity for crime to flourish unnoticed", she thought.

Anouk got out of the pool, laying herself down on the grass. She opened the book she had been reading covering her face with it and inhaled deeply through her nose. Her body slowly relaxed, but she couldn't totally erase the odd feeling inside

Validius poured himself a glass of scotch as he stood inside his office.
    "Those pollers must be bloody barmy." he thought, recalling the rifle pointed at him after he responded to the call.

Receiving word from the newly promoted Detective Sergeant Winters the night before, it seemed MAX was interested in the full report. He now had the answers as to why the General lost it, and as far as Hunt was concerned the General placed innocents in-between the little feud, which he hated. A fight or two to settle disputes among officers were fine, he thought, but not when it started to involve everyone else in the area. That's just a bloody waste of time.

Still, even though he used a nine iron instead of a baton he couldn't think of anything he had possibly done wrong. Solved the situation with non lethal force, he thought, just like the drink-stealing git asked him to, unlike the apparent heavy weaponry that the pollers had been using.

"BENEDICT!" Hunt shouted, downing his glass and getting back to work.

General "Feyad" Rahl stood at rigid attention during the dressing-down he was getting from Director Nolan "Uragon" Ciafardoni. The Director had been going on for over a half hour now. General Rahl thought to himself, "The Director's right. I was in the wrong. It was not right of me to put that Technician in harm's way." General Rahl snaps to attention, "Sir, Yes Sir! I understand. I will comply and await the hearing, Sir!" By your leave, I will return to my quarters.

Later that day...

Corporal Rahl looked around the Field Ops Office. "Geezus, what a mess!" he mumbled to himself. "Well, time to get started on the files." Feyad thought to himself as he logged into the secure computer, "Fine, the director wants me to play nice with HUNT! I will. But someday I'll have my revenge."

Feyad looks up as the computer *beeps*. "Oh, they've not changed my security status yet," Feyad chuckles to himself. "Let's see what I can do."

Feyad types:

/open File
    /name DCI Hunt
    /password huntbstrd
    /security FYEO

Name: Validius Hunt
    Hair: Blonde

(Atlantean)

formerly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast