Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little Strossus

A little Strossus

Former 24, presently 25 Atrox Enforcer.

His current setup is http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=160571.
    Other Items Used:
    QL 38 Tower of Life (+153 HP)
    QL 40 Sangi body for the heal
    13% Reflect graft
    Blood Circle Graft / Dot ring
    Notum Focus
    QL 30 kits/stims QL 50 Free Movement
    Coffee
    QL 55 Flurry of Blows

Ran out of IP for blind ring/Edge of the Barber

The rings were intended to be either 2x Ring of Memory Loss or a Pure Novicum Ring for the Infantry Unit and a single Ring of Memory Loss.
    The eye was planned to be a Nematet's Inner Eye.
    Wanted to put in the sided earrings but didn't think 210 int was reasonable on an atrox.
    Was unable to find low QL nano targeting helpers.
    Com relay was intended to be a 69-74 however has not dropped yet.

Resulting in:
    3.0k HP (Pre-Mongo)
    2.6k AC
    272 RS (Pre-Rage)
    211 Init (Pre-Rage/flurry)
    179 NR (Pre-Rage)
    162 Evade Close (leftover from PVM)
    520 Max Nano
    338 AR (Pre-Challenger/Proc)
    Last edited by Esproc; Jul 14th, 2010 at 04:22:23.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Pretty sure I've seen a 24 enf with (a?) mortiig beater(s?), not sure if you done the calcs. Neleb's Nightmare Battlerod is pretty great too for the steady dmg and the nano drain.
    .:: Proud Member of Obsidian Order RK1 ::.

I had decided not to be just another 'nubstick twink'.
    I would use a Stygian before the Battlerod solely for the look.

Granted I have all of the weapons in a pack in bank.
    I wasn't sure what I was going to use and thought they would be fun to social.

Though the beater I have is a 114 If I remember correctly.
    I dueled a couple tiig beater 24s and they must not have done it right as they fell quickly to the "phase blades" and chained absorb.
    They were off handing woe, should at least have been Lamentation to take advantage of me raging to keep the hit rate up :/

Likely if I had a 100ish I'd consider it though it's little more than a melee perenium.

I am quite happy with the min damage on the Frozen Tears.
    That 399 (199 pvp) cold proc can be pretty evil when it decides to chain.
    I'm pretty sure it has proced a few times while I was casting, though that was likely just a lag/sinc issue.

If I wanted more damage I'd rather go for add damage in more places.
    Such as a pair of simian bracers.
    Which I would have to leave org and switch to clan temporarily for.

I already reset brawling from using Nervejolters for the MM to dual wield tears.
    I'd roll a new enforcer before resetting back.

Looking at perk setups for an orgmake made me wonder if nano damage modifiers affect the nuke proc from tears.
    A nano targeting helper in hud 3 would be more useful than a range meter if it did.
    Add crit isn't all that great when you frequently crit for less than a regular hit.
    Last edited by Esproc; Sep 1st, 2009 at 15:59:00.

Looked at the Woe/Lamentation again trying to understand the offhand choice of the tiig beater setup.

Lamentation goes in the right hand only and would nerf fast attack damage.
    Would be better off not dual wielding at all in that case.

Are there better off hand options for that setup?

Arctic mace?
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Arctic mace?
    Probably your best option, and will get people looking at you going "wtfwtf dual mortiigs at 24 how wtf how!!11!!"
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

A Tiig/Arctic setup would have the same issue as a Tiig/Woe on absorbs and very similar damage.
    Granted looking uber is > being uber. And that would look awesome.

Brawl in duels and pvm has been quite an under performer.
    Always seems to hit low and only stuns when you don't need it to.

Arctic mace would be MUCH more interesting to me if you could hit the MA req to open up BBCS.
    But then you are blowing IP into even more skills, not to mention the hit to your init.
    Last edited by Esproc; Jul 13th, 2010 at 17:16:26.

Quote Originally Posted by saetos View Post
    probably your best option, and will get people looking at you going "wtfwtf dual mortiigs at 24 how wtf how!!11!!"
    spliots!~!>
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Low ql miy can be found from .... low lvl cyborgs! Who would have thought, eh? The best place would be cyborg barracks near totw. I do remember some lower lvl cyborg camp in Avalon, just a bit W from camelewt castle.

About weapons, there are also schiacciamento weapons from melee weapon smith. All the 1hbs have melee dmg type and one of them has also sneak attack and dimach. Back in my froob days i had a lvl 24 enf with woe/lamentation skulls. From plain boredom i swapped one of them for dimach/SA version of ventos. It gave pretty good alpha attack but after all there were no duels then and noone ever fought self buffed so alphas were almost worthless. With one of them, mortiig and some carbz armor in social you d look like a noob.

If you dont find brawl to be useful you can take a closer look at fear forged blades. They pump up ar, have combined MA that shall be possible to reach at lvl 24 and offer SA that may be useful from time to time.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Fear forged blades are nice but I'm not terribly interested on them for this toon.
    If I switch from 1he it'd be for either a Stygian (just for the looks) or the Tiig beaters which I do like the looks of.

All of the duals I fight, at least I'm self buffed.
    And probably they are as well though I never ask or really care.

I doubt the ability of all but a few setups to "alpha" me with a current self hp of 3.2k and pushing in on 2k AC.
    Granted that's not fantastic but it is workable.

I'm hoping that when I put in an Inner Eye my NR with rage running will help VS the doc init debuffs and to some extent trader drains.
    The generic debuffs are not particularly a concern of mine though I should resist a few of those as well.

I hold no hopes for a 24 in BS aside from as a mech monky to be honest.
    Even with rage running I'm just too slow.
    Any ranged 30+ could likely kill me before I could manage melee range just off regulars.
    Last edited by Esproc; Jul 13th, 2010 at 17:18:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Esproc View Post
    Looking at perk setups for an orgmake made me wonder if nano damage modifiers affect the nuke proc from tears.
    They do.

The most you're gonna manage getting though is 2%; a pair of those being 4%, you're going to have a whopping 8 point gain on your procs. Not exactly riveting
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Been giving serious consideration to the other weapons.

The main incentive to Neleb's was that I could reflect graft w/o care that way, and once hotswapable could use flower of life/brawl.
    But my strength would end up taking enough of a hit that I couldn't use the ToTW shoulders.

2he has the same Con w/o the pro. But Styg looks good.

1hb for a Tiig is truthfully looking very promising.
    The combo of Headcracker and Thugs Delight makes for some nice AR support.

Assuming I reset 1he into 1hb and MM into brawl/dimach I may still end up needing IP.
    Resetting evade close would give the IP for that and likely also blind ring.
    Was the only evade raised, for pvm purpose, and mostly used as an IP dump after the rest was good.

Obv would leave NR all the way up.
    Rage on top of what is there makes for a decent rating and might be enough to resist a nano or two.

Due to IP most likely will not have an offhand should I go 1hb.
    Last edited by Esproc; Jul 13th, 2010 at 17:20:10.

Cleaned up old posts some, updated OP and config.

Having played him for awhile I can say that he performed rather well.
    Duel rank:Rookie (3)
    Duel wins:137
    Duel losses:64
    Solo rank:Slayer (5)
    Solo kills:638
    Team rank:Captain (3)
    Kills in team:99

~20k VP

Org wants a 150 for s10 farming and some towers usage and I'll likely level this one and make a new tl2 toon or two.
    If I was to do another enforcer I'd likely not use 1he.
    There is simply to much incentive to use blunt weapons.
    And as for level I'd probably make the new one @ 15, 21, or 41-45

As a 24+ you spend most of your time eating capped hits from JAME traders/soldiers.
    And an endless number of Gumboils.

PvP outlook:

Trader: Pretty strongly in your favor with this setup unless they are OSB/pre-drained and you are self-buffed only. (JAME blaster wins)

Enforcer: Always an ugly match for Tears. The DD and HP alone means they can compete.

Soldier: If within duel range need to put a massive effort into their twink to win the fight and even then it's a no-go without kizzers for them.

Doctor: If twinked hard enough can apparently out heal even without init de-buff provided the Tears aren't doing chain proc's.
    Though most still cannot survive without Exhaust Muscles.

MA: Not even competitive before 45, and then it's a close match-up only seen inside BS.

NT: Not competitive before they can cast Lesser Crown of Frost, then you'll spend the entire time rooted as they try to nuke you through absorbs/mongo (good idea to over spend castings on this one)

Agent: A love/hate relationship for sure, only the really well twinked ones can kill you, but you can usually kill them too.
    The ones with crazy high HP are a lot like enforcer matchs though.

Can't think of anything else ATM that didn't just splat...
    Last edited by Esproc; Jul 18th, 2010 at 17:14:26.

In my opinion a single mortiig is the best weapon you're gonna be able to use as long as its 100%, keep melee init up and you can full DEF and still swing near 1/1. Especially useful for rooting/draining profs. And if you have 300 melee init, even with docs debuff you're still hitting at full speed.

Most people don't know how to build the other profs effectively as there aren't many of them around to base it off, otherwise some solds/ma's/even crats would trouble you in your range due to snares/roots you cant rage and excessive damage on the other two. But most people just roll enf/trader/doc so you're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Original View Post
    In my opinion a single mortiig is the best weapon you're gonna be able to use as long as its 100%, keep melee init up and you can full DEF and still swing near 1/1. Especially useful for rooting/draining profs. And if you have 300 melee init, even with docs debuff you're still hitting at full speed.

Most people don't know how to build the other profs effectively as there aren't many of them around to base it off, otherwise some solds/ma's/even crats would trouble you in your range due to snares/roots you cant rage and excessive damage on the other two. But most people just roll enf/trader/doc so you're fine.
    Not sure I'm following you here, I cannot rage?

You mean should they twink hard enough to cast a root/snare I couldn't rage out of?
    In that case it's the same as being trader drained below casting the rage.
    You Free Movement Stim it low then pop Barrow and kill them anyway.
    And even with Barrow down I do have a fair bit of %resist that I can still get hits in.

I'm very doubtful of an ma within my duel range being able to compete.
    I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

I won't argue the fact that tiigs are a strong weapon any more than I would Neleb's/
    But you aren't going to be 1/1 full def off of flurry and the first rage.

I do frequently talk and pvp with low traders who have no issue killing tiig/neleb enforcers, even fr00bs.
    49's show healthy respect of staying out of melee range, excluding the ones with JAME's.

The doc's I lose to most in pvp are casting -495 init, I don't know where you are thinking I can be 1/1 full def against that.
    There is only one recent doc that uses the lower de-buff and still out heals the Tear damage.
    And Dezz did a really good job on that one :P doesn't even have his totw book yet.
    Last edited by Esproc; Jul 21st, 2010 at 01:05:09.

The only soldier I've had trouble with is Bullshot, a 31, who I had some hand in helping get to that point.
    And he still can lose if he happens to run out of kizzers.
    Miss him logging in though, was fun duels every time.

25-30 sold/ma with gumboils, sold if twinked to extremes can equip a tiig will be able to kill you in 30 seconds flat and should be able to survive longer than that due to solds TMS/ma's amounts of heals/perks/items. Although Ma is limited due to relatively long lock times in beating the best enfs. I had a very effective 30 ma that could take out pretty much every enfo in range, suffered badly v docs if i didnt counter the debuff though due to scope.

Sorry I didn't make it clear enough.. You twink melee init so you can 1/1 near full DEF, then once debuffed you go full AGG and theres basically no difference (debuff is already on so no need to counter). And yes, with flurry you WILL be 1/1 full DEF due to its 50% AGG modifier and around 450 melee init would do it. Otherwise half DEF is 1/1, and full AGG with debuff is 1/1. That would be the on I'd personally go for just because it's versitile.

Also, the 15/20 seconds of barrow every 20 minutes to kill a twinked agent/crat isnt reliable and sometimes they can take the punishment for that time if they have enough hp or access to pads themselves.

However, as i said nobody makes them really so it's not much worth arguing about.

wai dont u write a book about ur enf and make tv serial?
    Rapped 220/30/70 Enforcer game over equip retired
    Rapzilla 220/30/70 Adventurer game over equip mr newb?
    Mayhemia 220/30/70 NT game over equip Fixer's best frand
    Rippli 220/25/70 Soldier new equip BS junkie
    Amazinghorse aka Rippped 170/24/42 Agent equip new OP tl5 tool
    Rappjr work in progress
    Rippped 207/30/70 Agent fastest AI30 Ever?

General of Quetzfags // General of The Asylum

Gumboils do well on any toon that can use them, and most of the people I pvp do since I tend to pvp people that are 30+

Even with a tiig twinked on the soldier needs kizzers or I'll still kill them at worst 50% of the time.
    And they needs kizzers to stay up past incomp.
    I've had much testing in this area.

If you calc an ma's heal items/perks down to average heals per second you'll be depressed at how it looks next to Mongo tbh.
    The advantage is that it is burst healing vs steady healing.
    You don't need to survive as long for the burst healing to "work".

Sorry if you felt this was an argument, to me it's simply a discussion.

@ rapp3d:
    Why, are you looking to buy a book?
    Would you want to watch a TV show about it?
    Sorry I'm too lazy for that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast