Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Wishlist

parry seems like it would be a ok form of damage migration, could use some love there.
    Also, i support melee energy (and piercing to a lesser extent) because we are the melee masters, we already have the nanos, all we need are perks (and maybe different end game weps).

challenger on local cooldown, so that instead of having to wait 24 secs, we can wait 15, and not being able to loot because of chall aint fun for the impatcient.

I's also against riot shield idea, the only shield a enfo needs is the meat on his arm
    Last edited by lostlife; Jan 12th, 2010 at 19:48:52.

hm.. i had already posted my suggestions..
    Last edited by Moonbolt; Jan 13th, 2010 at 01:54:22.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

I like the riot shield idea, but, why AAD?

enforcers have never been an evades class, why start now?... yes, I know we have highway, but, we also have awesome AC's, naturally occuring 3% reflects+13%

So, why not make a riot shield more enforcer fitting: like:

10000 ACs
    15% reflects
    200 AAD
    -3000 RS

Which fits more into the enforcer theme, in fact, it could be a final troll form perk, if it scaled.. but, isn't this already what people are asking for for troll form? Seems very much alligned, anyway.

I'd personally like to see two types of challenger:
    Tier 1: short high AAO+dmg buffs,

stackable with

Tier2: longer lower AAO+dmg buff like: at lvl 150ish a 30 AAO, 40 add dmg, duration 1 hour

And, if this was too much AR, a slight reduction on the Tier 1 short challenger. The problem with challenger is that its usually only usuable at the beginning of a fight, and IF procs don't fire, theres often no way to get AR up again for longer battles due to nano req's. If, however, the Tier 2 challenger was still up after tier 1 challenger ran out, it would provide longer lasting AR+dmg benefits.

Generally, Enforcers imo need less short term burst AR, and more long term steady AR with damage over time. I find that if I launch my alpha, and it fails, theres no more to do than try to survive till the next comes up, which, seems to be a recurring theme. The Tier 2 challenger will help with that, and will provide lasting AR support for doing damage with Fast attack and brawl over the duration of the fight.

Leave shields to MPs (and keepers)! Enforcers need a Riot Gun!
    blah

Some of this wishlist and the old one are being attended to with the latest round of information release about enfo balancing. Please check the new thread I made about his and make your comments there. Be assured that your new profs are reading your comments, even if we aren't reply to all of them.

And as for the riot shield ... no thanks. Tanking is already easy enough as it is. I'm also intrigued to see some people already moving their mindset away from the 'alpha' concept which I think has plagued enfos to a very sorry position in PVP. To think the only way to kill most profs is an alpha of magnitude proportions to get around their ability to defend themselves is a pretty sad state to be in for a PVP game. Anyone here played AoC when it came out? level 80 Rangers 1-shotting people? Do we really want that? I really hope not. The changes I see proposed from FC are moving away from that too and if our tools don't go with that, they will be less effective in PVP.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jan 13th, 2010 at 19:53:25.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

1) High HP pvm gear in conjuction with a reduction in the SL/DB essence buffing. I would like to see more than a 3000 HP difference between a pvp and pvm setup enforcer when that amount is less than 5% of an enforcers health. Would also justify removing snares on the large health essences.

2) Team absorb nano. Would be nice in mass pvp if we could spam absorbs on our team rather than individuals, especially since there are no short-term "buffs" that currently do not have this option (I think don't hold me to that one ).

3) Larger distinction in weapons. Capped, slower attack time but much harder hits on 2hb for instance. Other than that, only 1hb has perks that vary from pure DD/offense so some work could be done there.

4) More pvm friendly brawl/brawl effect.

5) Ability to heal 40k+ health in under 2 minutes.....

6) Increase the range benefit of scale modifier. For those that do not know, %scale positive values increase your melee attacking range.

7) Finally, a debuff purging rage. Would have a lockout similar to cocoon and would allow us to clear debuffs (not CC tools), and would also share the new rage lockout. Could add alternative buffs to it but it would not come with the NR buff or RS, so this is would most likely be your emergency escape or close quarters 2nd chance tool.

i really dont like where this is going. Hey guys remember keepers? yea the guys with tons of damage mitigation and no viable alpha, thats how u wanna end up?

I agree. More offense and dirty tricks is all enfos need.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Stabby View Post
    i really dont like where this is going. Hey guys remember keepers? yea the guys with tons of damage mitigation and no viable alpha, thats how u wanna end up?
    Well where was the support when I wanted to increase enforcer regular damage? FC will likely readjust all of that, but it might have been nice for pvp if our regular hits (the only damage we have asside from perks) were significant.

Either way I think the majority of the enforcer playerbase, obviously lacking much mathematical ability, wants nothing that would increase our DPM and our alpha is definately as strong as it will get and getting weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Well where was the support when I wanted to increase enforcer regular damage?
    while im all for added offense i dont think boosted regulars would do any good due to our craptastic AR, all the high dps profs (engi/nt/MA/soldier) have great AR to go along with it and additional AR was up in enf wishlist for years until fc gave us ichall which well sucks.. its clear that FC dont see us going that way

Quote Originally Posted by Darion View Post
    - make taunts force pvp enemies to switch their attack target on the enforcer!
    Making it possible for two or more taunting peeps to keep someone in constant attack buildup?
    Good source of emo-rage-quits, not so good a solution
    Personaly i liked the Warhammer version of pvp-taunts were the taunter got a damage bonus on the target until the target had hit the taunter 3 times ( or a timer ran out)
    this leaves the victim with full control of his toon ( important factor for keeping the keyboard intact during pvp ).
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

But emo-rage-w/e is the only reason players still PvP in/play AO :P
    blah

my wishlist:
    a complete rethink of enforcer profession...
    enforcer are damage shielded, give us a real damage shield, not a shield that couldnt kill a leet.
    enforcers are initially based on absorb and shield, fix our absorbs and please give us a better cooldown on challenger.Whatever but really enforcers need some love because they actually only can be good with an evade setup, means 5 billion setup, (1HB, 2HE exclusily)

and please give in pvp same as pvm, a sneak attack, you have o be sneaking, same for aimed shot, i'm bored to be kited like a heck.
    And nerf MR.

Quote Originally Posted by depardiou View Post
    Whatever but really enforcers need some love.
    Are you completely mad? I know enforcers that I wouldn't even DARE approach 1 on 1 on my Trader; they're extraordinarily powerful.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Are you completely mad? I know enforcers that I wouldn't even DARE approach 1 on 1 on my Trader; they're extraordinarily powerful.

well you are a trader, one of the only proff we can kill maybe,at least I can kill hehe
    i only can afford some crats, traders and...that's all hehe
    did you ever tried to kill a soldier with an enfo or a MA or ....?
    level 220 i talk about....

Quote Originally Posted by depardiou View Post
    well you are a trader, one of the only proff we can kill maybe,at least I can kill hehe
    i only can afford some crats, traders and...that's all hehe
    did you ever tried to kill a soldier with an enfo or a MA or ....?
    level 220 i talk about....
    how quickly did you level to 220 ? you don't seem to know how to play

Quote Originally Posted by Ninj00 View Post
    how quickly did you level to 220 ? you don't seem to know how to play
    toon is born in 2006
    I play since 2001 not so regularly tho
    but i want another 2HB fix or i'll move to 2HE or 1He/1hb like any other pvp/pvm enfos.
    all seems to be reliant on stuns and alpha.

Asking for another 2hb fix is stupid. You should read the perk documentation because Reaver is getting a huge nerfbat and Bone Crusher will be doing more damage than currently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    Asking for another 2hb fix is stupid. You should read the perk documentation because Reaver is getting a huge nerfbat and Bone Crusher will be doing more damage than currently.
    maybe it's stupid but i don't know any good pvp enforcer 2HB that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Changes are coming and that's the best time to get your best new (or old) ideas on the table to the devs. The wishlists stickied are a bit old and I will review them and put them in here, until then let's throw more in there if you have them. I will attempt to 'lump' all your ideas into themes and list the ideas under them.

1. Damage mitigation - Mainly for endgame encounters. Ideas here include massive AC's which have noticeable effect on mob damage, reworked layers or % based damage reduction.
    Totally weird idea for damage mitigation. Might be totally bollocks, but here I go:

How about a shield that removes a % of the damage done to you based on the damage done percentage relative to your HP?

This might be best explained in an example.

Now, say I've got 100'000 HP (nice, round number, easy to work with, is all).

Someone gives me 2'000 damage. (again, nice round number)

2'000 out of 100'000 is 2%. So the shield removes 2% of the damage dealt. 2% of 2'000 is 40. So the total damage I get is 1960.

However, the next time I get hit, I get hit for 10'000 damage.

10'000 out of 10'000 is 10%. So the shield removes 10% of the damage dealt. 10% fo 10'000 is 1000. So the total damage I get is 9000.

There would have to be a cap to this or some kind of diminishing returns or I'd go unscratched from a hit of 100'000. In PvP it wouldn't be a problem, since it allready caps at what, 30%, 40%? I keep forgetting....

In PvE, there'd have to be a cap of some sort, or we could end up with 120% damage removed, enabling us to fight WAY tougher monsters than we're supposed to.

But this is just a thought. No numbers are "written in stone", as they say.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast