Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: OK, let's talk about new stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Stabby View Post
    not by default no, how cool would it be if 3 210 dudes in carb totally raped ur pimped out 220 dude and there was nothing u could do about it?
    Probably better than the current situation of 3 220 pimped out dudes can't kill ur carb 210 dude.

3 > 1, expect to die..
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    Probably better than the current situation of 3 220 pimped out dudes can't kill ur carb 210 dude.
    wtf r u on about?

3 > 1, expect to die..
    no i dont, if one person can kill 3 others then so can anybody else given the right preparedness and expertise defining the player, if ur idea of fun gameplay is having superior numbers always pwn u should keep away from rpgs

3 > 1, expect to die..
    Unless you are a 210 sold under ams with ofab back laughing off 3 enfo alphas? Like that do you mean? We agree, it is OP.

just sayin
    Last edited by Etyris; Jan 20th, 2010 at 14:54:59.

no i dont, if one person can kill 3 others then so can anybody else given the right preparedness and expertise defining the player, if ur idea of fun gameplay is having superior numbers always pwn u should keep away from rpgs
    If you think 1 player should pwn 3 you should move away from PvP :P

In a 1 vs X players case, X should almost always win. But yes with X vs Y numbers, highest number isn't always enough to win, there are also other factors. But your case was 1 vs 3...
    blah

If you think 1 player should pwn 3 you should move away from PvP :P

In a 1 vs X players case, X should almost always win. But yes with X vs Y numbers, highest number isn't always enough to win, there are also other factors. But your case was 1 vs 3...
    u still dont get it, if one player can do it - any player can do it, it has no impact on balance, its an attribute of the character development curve. AO has always had a very steep one and thats about the only original thing remaining for this game

u still dont get it, if one player can do it - any player can do it, it has no impact on balance, its an attribute of the character development curve.
    So an enforcer, a melee profession, should be able to kill any three crowd control professions, who are specialized in stopping melee professions? Who's able to kill three enforcers then?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenche View Post
    So an enforcer, a melee profession, should be able to kill any three crowd control professions, who are specialized in stopping melee professions? Who's able to kill three enforcers then?
    reading obviously isnt ur strong suit. what this means is that one enf beating 3 crats should be possible, just as one crat beating 3 enfs or any matchup for that matter. The relevance being that if they were to lockout rage, 3 or whatever number cc profs could completely disable the enf's combat abilitys giving him 0 chance while if there were 3 enfs against a cc prof the cc prof would still have some chance because his combat abilitys are still intact and that != balance

u guys are completly missunderstanding stabby.
    hes saying that gear should matter more then number of people..
    3x 210 nubs shouldnt be able to kill a full endgame enf.
    same as 3x 210 nubs shouldnt beable to kill a endgame doc or engie or crat or w/e for that matter.

ive decided to make my enf a pure pvm toon and are workingon lvln up a 220 trader atm.
    the reasons.

1. i realy hate that i can never get in range of a kiter long enough to get my full alpha off at him.

2. i realy hate that when MR is on CD i cant do anythig to any semi evade profession.

3. i hate the fact that i can only kill 1 person once every minute cause my alha is great but i cant kill a fly with my regular dmg so i have to run away when my alpha is on CD or if the person is gimped enough im fighting wait the full minute untill my alpha has recharged.

4. i realy realy realy hate CB and specialized burden of atlas.

5. i hate the fact that i can do around 28 dmg a hit to a soldier during his ams while he can do 1k regular hits and a 9-13k FA every seconds on me.

6. i hate that when someone is kiting/moving the stun from my 1hb perk doesnt work. it lands but the person doesnt get stunned.

7. i hate that biocoon that is considered our main defence is getting shot thru in 1 hit by specials and it still deals 5k dmg to me after i have absorbed 10k.

8. i hate the fact that in mass pvp i spend more time trying to get in range of the target then i spend hitting on it. either it splats before i can get in range or it starts to kite and i still cant get in range.

9. i hate the fact that with my 4k runspeed i cant catch a kiting doc that has 2600 RS or keep him still log enough so i can unload my alpha on him.

i will always love my enforcer and its always gonna be my main char.
    but im starting to give up on it in pvp tbh. and if rage gets nerfed so that we will be rooted down all of those things i hate about pvping with my enforcer is gonna get 10 times worse.
    the main reason i decided to roll a trader for 220 pvp isnt cause they aer one of the top pvp classes 1 vs 1 atm.. its simply because i can root down the kiters and AoE root at tower wars.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Moonbolt. L2Straferun. Enforcers are a -pig- to shake off. You're about the only melee profession that -is- a pig to shake off.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

if there were 3 enfs against a cc prof the cc prof would still have some chance because his combat abilitys are still intact and that != balance
    Umm, no. The CC prof roots one enf, and his root is now in cooldown for 12 seconds. The other two non-rooted enfs will now rage to him and cut him into tiny bits.

i already know how to strafe run hacre ... its still very very hard to catch up to fully buffed players with runspeed buffs etc on them.
    specially with sync issues and the fact that i gotta be in range long enough to actually get my alpha off in 1 attack since i only have 10 sec MR to hit that evade profession or the doc will get a heal in in the middle of my alpha etc and then the alpha is wasted for a min or if evade prof the 3 mins it takes for MR to recharge.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    1.Mongo - In short, it will be improved over all Title Level Ranges. The direction to do that appears to be the addition of nanos in the line, as well as a 'rescaling'. As we know, there is a gap to fill there around tl6, early TL7.

3. Taunts - Again, changes slated for this across the board for all professions as I understand, but specifically for us, GOOD changes, while for others, taunt nerfs, which of course they will likely appreciate in some cases. A welcome change again for PVM enfos leveling.
    Good, maybe it'll be possible to keep aggro from DD profs in TL5.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    4. HP - OK here is the bad news. It's getting lowered, with the most focused dev attention on the endgame. There is no word on how, but I think you can imagine the most likely target ... I wouldn't assume that there will be no impact to PVP either, since there aren't details yet, so of course, let's not forget that HP is a defense for us and if it's nerfed in PVP, even I will say it, that's pretty lame.
    Based on what Kintaii said earlier, this likely won't be too bad. You might need an extra doc in some raids, but the current situation is becoming ridiculous with some groups pulling off endgame raids with no docs at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    i already know how to strafe run hacre ... its still very very hard to catch up to fully buffed players with runspeed buffs etc on them.
    specially with sync issues and the fact that i gotta be in range long enough to actually get my alpha off in 1 attack since i only have 10 sec MR to hit that evade profession or the doc will get a heal in in the middle of my alpha etc and then the alpha is wasted for a min or if evade prof the 3 mins it takes for MR to recharge.
    Well the whole runspeed/sync issue is supposed to be being solved.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

from what i read on the fixer forums they are increaseing the runspeed cap and giving fixers more speed. at the same time we get a lockout on rage etc wich will make this a worse situation for enfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    from what i read on the fixer forums they are increaseing the runspeed cap and giving fixers more speed. at the same time we get a lockout on rage etc wich will make this a worse situation for enfs.
    From what I've understood so far, they'll be lowering runspeed cap for everyone, but less for fixers than others. Lower runspeed should help with desync problems, and fixers will regain their rightful position as the fastest profession. I don't know where enfs will stand relative to other professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenche View Post
    Umm, no. The CC prof roots one enf, and his root is now in cooldown for 12 seconds. The other two non-rooted enfs will now rage to him and cut him into tiny bits.
    what you expecting to pwn everything with roots now? i said a chance, not a guaranteed outcome

what you expecting to pwn everything with roots now? i said a chance, not a guaranteed outcome
    A CC prof that doesn't root an Enforcer, is a dead CC prof.

You put 1 CC prof, in your example, against 3 Enforcers.

3 non gimp Enforcers vs 1 non gimp CC prof = dead CC prof and one rooted for a second Enforcer.

QED.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

I see lots of posts I have to delete later, including this one.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    A CC prof that doesn't root an Enforcer, is a dead CC prof.

You put 1 CC prof, in your example, against 3 Enforcers.

3 non gimp Enforcers vs 1 non gimp CC prof = dead CC prof and one rooted for a second Enforcer.

QED.
    r u being retarded on purpose? whatever the current situation might be its irrelevant since everything from perks to nanos r being changed and i specifically pointed out the differences in both opposing forces equip

the amount of illiteracy in this forum is astounding, next?

r u being retarded on purpose? whatever the current situation might be its irrelevant since everything from perks to nanos r being changed and i specifically pointed out the differences in both opposing forces equip
    Thus the current spammability and duration of roots is also irrelevant since they'll be reworked to be balanced with relation to the reworked rage.

The amount of rudeness on these forums is also astounding.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast