Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: OK, let's talk about new stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Soldiers won't be FA/AS swapping on you either.
    well yes ofc that is true...
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    the only nerf that has been released so far to specials is AS getting a def check and a 3 sec cast.
    that isnt realy gonna boost enforcers in any way since we are not an evade prof.
    Of course I was refering to specials locking eachother, I don't play enf, but I can imagine this will work in your favor.

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Gatester, seriously I think you are vastly deluded and clueless about MAs. There's just so much false info there, it's hard to even begin to correct it.
    When I was playing a 220 MA, it was pretty much nothing like Noobas suggested. Alpha food profession? No, sorry. The only problem I had was the same issue I had on enf, being melee.

will challenger be on local cooldown too? we can cast nanos 9 seconds faster if it is, depending on cooldown and recharge

also: support ME, we have buffs for it why not perks?

At first glance it appears a dire situation for enf's in general, but look at the bigger picture:

Roots/snares getting massively overhauled, rage adjustment should be mandatory when this happens, the effectiveness of the buff will still be there, just wont be spam on demand anymore.

AS/FA alpha combo will be thrown out the window, whos going to cut you down in that timely fashion? No one.. It may even be more difficult to land max bullet fa's on you from now on, so really.. big picture.

HP getting adjusted at the end game is a good move, i think its freaking ridiculous that an enf can run around on BS with the ultra crap happening, with a gsf/speed buff, even in duels... its crapola (STAND STILL WHILE I HAVE 80k HP AND POUND U, BABY!)

There may be other dmg tweak (improvements) for you, with regards to weapons etc etc, hang tight and find respite in patience :P

Honestly, i see the enforcer proff as a similar stance to soldier's, hard hitting, hard to kill, melee damage that can tank, with good defences - the ranged equivalent..
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Esqi View Post
    At first glance it appears a dire situation for enf's in general, but look at the bigger picture:

Roots/snares getting massively overhauled, rage adjustment should be mandatory when this happens, the effectiveness of the buff will still be there, just wont be spam on demand anymore.

AS/FA alpha combo will be thrown out the window, whos going to cut you down in that timely fashion? No one.. It may even be more difficult to land max bullet fa's on you from now on, so really.. big picture.

HP getting adjusted at the end game is a good move, i think its freaking ridiculous that an enf can run around on BS with the ultra crap happening, with a gsf/speed buff, even in duels... its crapola (STAND STILL WHILE I HAVE 80k HP AND POUND U, BABY!)

There may be other dmg tweak (improvements) for you, with regards to weapons etc etc, hang tight and find respite in patience :P

Honestly, i see the enforcer proff as a similar stance to soldier's, hard hitting, hard to kill, melee damage that can tank, with good defences - the ranged equivalent..
    Pretty much yes, although Full Auto probly needs improved effectiveness (read as reliability) in the future, and enforcer damage is craptastic

CC tools should land on enforcers, and enforcers should remove them. CC tools should then be ready to use again before rage is ready to be used again, it is pretty obvious isn't it? What I do not like though is that we have to cast our root/snare remover, which makes it useless in some situations. If only we could have the rage line incorperated into a set of useable items instead, like stims (non-consumable), then it might be all around more effective.

I unfortunalety dont think we can get FC to drop their plans about the coooldown on rage but really 8 - 15 is waay much in pvp a sensible cooldown would be 5 - 7s max. Otherwise we are dead meat while being chased by 3+ people spamming roots/snare and grafts at us.
    Morgo - 220/30/70 Enforcer

Jenji - 215/29/50 Solja

Veteran of Devil Inside - Devil Inside

Content Editor - AO Universe - For players by players

Quote Originally Posted by kAlzzz View Post
    I unfortunalety dont think we can get FC to drop their plans about the coooldown on rage but really 8 - 15 is waay much in pvp a sensible cooldown would be 5 - 7s max. Otherwise we are dead meat while being chased by 3+ people spamming roots/snare and grafts at us.
    cause 3 people shouldn't be able to kill 1?

We do have to die at some point, being as bad as adventurers at escaping every situation is not my idea of balance.

I could have said 2+ anyway, the result would be the same. There is a difference in having a slighty chance to escape or just ruin it totally with raising the cooldown to 8 - 15 secs.

I see it a sensible balanced chance of us to escape if the timer was 5 - 7 second. And to totally ruin one of our greatest weapons to defend our self in pvp if you place such a high cooldown.

My 50 cents
    Morgo - 220/30/70 Enforcer

Jenji - 215/29/50 Solja

Veteran of Devil Inside - Devil Inside

Content Editor - AO Universe - For players by players

I could have said 2+ anyway, the result would be the same. There is a difference in having a slighty chance to escape or just ruin it totally with raising the cooldown to 8 - 15 secs.
    1 chance every 8-15s is more than enough :P
    blah

I see it a sensible balanced chance of us to escape if the timer was 5 - 7 second. And to totally ruin one of our greatest weapons to defend our self in pvp if you place such a high cooldown.

My 50 cents
    it isn't sensible or balanced for 2 crowd control professions to be unable to stop someone from getting away, 2 > 1

Quote Originally Posted by lostlife View Post
    allright obtena, i know you cant tell us what some of the upcomming changes are, but are you at least able to tell us if our new "shinies" will deal with our damage migration, making normal hits more effective, or alpha-ability.

and 2 direct questions:

do you believe that enfos should have meele energy in there effective toolset? like add a perkline for it, or add a wep that will compare to LE weps? we have it in our nanos, so our originall intention was most likely ment to be the melee masters, but we are only masters of 2/3 of the main melee abilities.

whats your perception on parry? will it soften the HP blow in pvm enough? will it be effective in pvp? will enfos be able to find the IP for the skill?
    OK I can answer these things more confidently now that Part 2 of the new stuff is out:

1. Do I believe we should have ME in our toolset? No, I don't but that comes with a caveat ... it depends what the ME perkline has in it. If it's just more DD perks, then why would anyone care about yet another weaponline with DD perks? I'm hoping there is something that differentiates ME from the 'regular' melee weapons to give people a reason to use it.

2. My perception on parry? Well, I personally think it will suck for enfos. Let me ask you PVP enfos ... do you have a parry buff or IP to spend to max it if that's necessary for it's maximum effect? I know I don't and I'm not sure where I would get the IP to raise it. There are some changes talking about cocoon and/or damage order of effects. That's likely going to be a much more effective change than parry for us in PVP. For PVM, parry for enfos is still lame IMO, but of course, we don't have details to know how it will work. I guess it comes down to this: is it more effective to spam layers or block a few attacks? You decide and then spend IP either in parry or NC init.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jan 15th, 2010 at 17:30:24.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

i surely dont have any IP left to spare... i already made some sacrifises with 1he/1hb
    so i guess only 2he/2hb enfos will have IPs to spare for parry.
    if parry shows to get be realy valuable in pvp i might even swap my setup to 2he for alot increased survivability compared to the setup im running atm.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

my question on parry was directed to people who are using only 1 weapon skill, and might have a bit of ip to spare. we are melee, we well get parry regardless of if whether we want it or not, and it will come at no sacrifice if it's instant. if i recall corectly it is also 1 guarenteed block at the begining, unless enfosa re getting a different parry that is.

Quote Originally Posted by lostlife View Post
    my question on parry was directed to people who are using only 1 weapon skill, and might have a bit of ip to spare. we are melee, we well get parry regardless of if whether we want it or not, and it will come at no sacrifice if it's instant. if i recall corectly it is also 1 guarenteed block at the begining, unless enfosa re getting a different parry that is.
    I can comment a bit on that too because I did 2HE for PVP for quite a while until I got my gear up to par with endgame then back to 1H setup..

If you 2H and don't plan to swap for PVP, you GET IP back from: Sneak, the 2nd weapon skill and MM, if you put any there at all. That's enough to raise NC init and parry I think. I'm betting, that based on the changes I'm seeing, alphas will be so long to execute (and stuns so nerfed) that many enfos will reconsider the traditional strategy of alphaing people for a more prolonged fight, considering a major shift of damage towards reg hits, which will require lasting power to kill people using finishing moves (SnD) to finish them off or reduce their effective HP by making them heal earlier or more often. (and it appears we might get that with considerations of damage order/cocoon discussion)
    Last edited by Obtena; Jan 15th, 2010 at 22:35:07.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

so does this mean you agree with my idea of parry enfo, or my sentiment as more defensive oriented enfo?

since snares and roots in PVP are going to be less effective (shorter PVP durations and no longer spammable), it makes sense.
    Now, we have to worry about a good cooldown. Honestly, people say that CC profs are supposed to have the upper hand against us, 2 > 1. But remember the rage nano is meant as a means for us to actually make them harder to hit us with it. Therefore, we should retain at least a reasonable and appropriate amount of resistance to compensate everyone. We ARE the nanoresisters, after all.

I cant say for sure what would be reasonable however... as no specific data on how the CC nerfs are coming, so we cant really give a passable answer to the Devs.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    yeah im sorry about that comment obtena, but seriusly .. ever other profession is getting yummy stuff basically.. except enfs that gets slapped with a nerfbat the size of a minor building.
    Yeah... Engies Coon being nerfed...and AS nerfed...and everything else... Yer not the only ones.... I'm in a wait and see mode..meanwhile, I've been working with my Enfo more.. so I'll have a viable profession after the nerfbat has hit us ALL..

and yes, my Enfo uses Rage..now I have to find a different strategy for my Soli Enfo to survive... Maybe MBC...:P
    Weez Iz Teh Huggly Onez!11

Open the Cities back up, and allow orgs to rent Office Buildings!! The Tower Fields would actually have meaning, and get More Action, not to mention having the cities MEAN something again...!!

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=490763

Quote Originally Posted by Mailana View Post
    cause 3 people shouldn't be able to kill 1?
    not by default no, how cool would it be if 3 210 dudes in carb totally raped ur pimped out 220 dude and there was nothing u could do about it? # of people should not matter, what should matter is what they bring to the fight based off their character development and pvp proficiency

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast