Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: OK, let's talk about new stuff

we were told our proffessionals are withholding info because they were told to, i would wait for all the information to actually acumulate before making a desision, enfos might end up on top. of course, so might shades, no one knows the future except the people that wont tell us

lostlife.. where did u get that info?
    sorry for the spelling peeps im still drunk as ****...
    30 year birthdays all across this year as my old scool mates start to turn old..

Obtena... i realy pray that u manage to get the fact thru to devs that rage is enfs only real working defence..
    mongo hot is OK at best..
    same with HD..
    same with absorbs..
    same with health..

the only good thing enfs had in the last years is a large as life alpha with stuns.. that actually make us able to kill agents and docs effectively..
    wich is the 2 professions that we excell in killing where other profs have a hard time...
    but except from that .. we dont realy excell at anythin in pvp except running away when we are in trouble.
    plz dont remove the ability to run away ... thats the only thing that makes enforcers work at all..
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

The sky is not falling. 8p

A nerf to rage is needed. I do agree with it. And I won't be sad when it comes to live.

Balance is happening. Balance is gonna suck a little for everyone. Lets take our nerfs like tanks.

Quoted...

"We will not nerf enforcer health that much. The main target for this nerf is Mongo's Ultra Improved Behemoth. It will be lowered, this will mainly affect PVM and duels. On the other hand it is likely that we will lower the level requirement on the other SL essence nano programs.

The rage cooldown will be balanced with the new root/snare durations for pvp so the lockout will not be longer than 8-15 seconds."

Having to wait an extra 5-12 seconds (at most) to rage again is hardly game breaking to us. It is a minor inconvenience.

The final Sl essance getting a nerf, is hardly game breaking to us either. Half the enforcers (PvP specifically) do not even use it in PvM (Or PvP).

Don't forget, we don't even have half the picture.

The fact that they are nerfing stuff means we are dealing with sane, intelligent people.

I for one, will be giving them the benefit of the doubt.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Well, there was one thing I was one idea I had to soften the Rage blow, but I can't really tell you what it is because it seems like the devs had similar thinking already. I'm only able to release information that I'm told I can, when 'they' say I can so the bottom line is: NO, I can't give you more ... yet.

From my own personal ideas, I was pretty much onboard with what many others have been pushing in the 2010 wishlist: damage mitigation. Both for PVP purposes and for less reliance on heals for the upcoming heal nerf we keep hearing about.
    FC is regulating what the proffessionals can and cant say

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Enf's being the master of all variety of melee weapons, I do think we could use a bit more love on the Melee Energy front - perkline, ME in Ado brain for mid lvls, a few other areas. A little encouragement in this area might help diversify enfs a bit.
    Singed long ago, my friend. Yeah I REALLY crave a new weapon line that could benefit us in its own way.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

What about parry/ripost? We get it too?
    VV

Last I remember was everyone could use it, some more effectivly then others. I would imagine enforcers woule be somewhere in the middle of the pack. So would (depending on recharge) prolly be more helpful then dimach is.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Removed a few posts. Please try to keep it nice.
    Guardian Creacal
    Public Forums Moderator
    Communications Team
    Operations Department
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    Forums Social Guidelines

Muffins are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Wantsumore View Post
    Last I remember was everyone could use it, some more effectivly then others. I would imagine enforcers woule be somewhere in the middle of the pack. So would (depending on recharge) prolly be more helpful then dimach is.
    every one using melee weps can use, not range
    Last edited by lostlife; Jan 9th, 2010 at 23:22:48.

People need to start seriously listening to Herk. A nerf to the max HP on SL Ess is needed, it's not used much in mass PvP due to runspeed nerf, it's retarded in duels and makes PvM encounters far too easy.

PvM is way too easy, currently.

As for Rage, hmm. If it has a cooldown comparable to other profs crowd control tools, you'll have little to worry about, OR you'll actually have a hole where you can be crowd controlled for a short time, which is needed for anyone other than NTs to keep you under control for a limited time to at least deal some damage. That said, the lockout shouldn't be too long, otherwise, as has been mentioned, Rage will become relatively useless.

What hasn't helped here, is Obtena's OP is lacking quite a bit of detail compared to other posts in other profession forums, either because Obtena screwed up or because FC screwed up with information given to the Professionals. This should be changed, the OP is -incredibly- vague.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Most of the new stuff thus far is pretty open to interpretation. My current guess is that the devs are talking about some things in deeper detail, before releasing it to the Professionals.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

we can only discuss what we know about, the puzzle isnt complete and were trying to find out waht it is with out all the pieces, if FC wants more constructive feedback then they need to give us more pieces, or make the peices we have more clear

Quote Originally Posted by lostlife View Post
    we can only discuss what we know about, the puzzle isnt complete and were trying to find out waht it is with out all the pieces, if FC wants more constructive feedback then they need to give us more pieces, or make the peices we have more clear
    See Hacre's post above. This is a large part of the problem for enfs right now due to either

A) Our professionals screwed up

or

B) FC screwed up and didn't give our professionals enough information

in either case

C) Our professionals need to go back to their forum and get it all straightened out
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    See Hacre's post above. This is a large part of the problem for enfs right now due to either

A) Our professionals screwed up

or

B) FC screwed up and didn't give our professionals enough information

in either case

C) Our professionals need to go back to their forum and get it all straightened out
    You have absolutely no idea what will happen in the end... but you already know that people screwed up?
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Quote Originally Posted by Harios View Post
    You have absolutely no idea what will happen in the end... but you already know that people screwed up?
    I think he means what I meant. If you look at the other threads in other profession forums, there's a -lot- more meat.

So either, Obtena omitted the meat.

Or FC omitted the meat.

Or FC didn't have the meat.

All three of those are a screw up. If it's the third option, they should have held off on information release until they had something for all 14 profs to get their teeth into.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    People need to start seriously listening to Herk. A nerf to the max HP on SL Ess is needed, it's not used much in mass PvP due to runspeed nerf, it's retarded in duels and makes PvM encounters far too easy.

PvM is way too easy, currently.
    Not going to make but a small bit of difference in PvM. I sometimes forgo SL Ess entirely to rush through PvM content because I never die anyway.

End game raids contain mobs that were balanced around end game characters that existed at the time they were released. We have much more AAD, bigger mongo, bigger absorbs, alpha symbs and all the other candy.

What we need is new raids that require bigger tanks that will require the unnerfed ess!

Herk = smart...

bottom line is that hp needs a nerf, and rage is overpowered as is... so long as it doesn't run out before we can cast it again I see ABSOLUTELY no problem with giving it a cool down.

I can tank every raid in game without the SL essence and I don't have ANY alpha symbs in (all 280-290) bottom line is you have to play the prof instead of casting a ridiculously overpowered HP buff and spamming mongo... OMG we have to actually play the prof!? Seriuosly guys- calm down and wait for more info, yes a rage cool down sucks, but after thinking about it for a couple days I agree with Herk: it's only a minor inconvenience. Lets turn this thread around and try to get the devs to listen to some good ideas for enfs, things we actually need instead of whining about things that will probably change regardless...

I would vote for a faster cast time on absorbs, so we can insta them on full defense, without rage. But that might make us OPed. 8p
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Well it seems I was not the only enforcer wanting a nerf to our "end game" max health, so I would have someone else being crucified with me

Beyond that, I have no problem with the rage cooldown, but it needs to remove ALL roots and snares. Also as was said a few posts before, as long as we can maintain rage, and simply not spam it, all will be good.

I have no concerns over our attack rating or defense, since FC is going through and redoing it from the bottom up. I doubt they can miss how much trouble we have with LE procs and such so I might actually decide to pvp again when the rebalancing is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    I think he means what I meant. If you look at the other threads in other profession forums, there's a -lot- more meat.

So either, Obtena omitted the meat.

Or FC omitted the meat.

Or FC didn't have the meat.

All three of those are a screw up. If it's the third option, they should have held off on information release until they had something for all 14 profs to get their teeth into.
    This is exactly what I meant. Thanks for putting it more succinctly than I did Hacre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast