Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rebalancing act details for MAs

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post

Percentage on IB should be lowered, why ? FoL & Delirium are meant to make our opponents perkable, that's mostly why it sounds legit for their check % to be decreased, it only makes sense.
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=267524

why a attack that only afects my character giving him little absorbs and bit of aad and is not harmful to oponent, must check 100% his duck explosives ? In application it should be similiar to items like dreadloch endurance booster , or barrow of strenght.

Well it's got nothing to see though. If you told me that it should check something else maybe ?

Or just give it a lock like it'd be an Item yeah, well. Although as you said it it's meant to be protective, we only use protective things on people with high damage, most Professions with high DD (via high AR, not including Perks but most average hits/special attacks) are usually easily perkable. That's the point, of not making defensive things easy to land on defensive people but on offensive people, I think.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Right, because if it was easy to land on defensive setups and effective enough to matter against offensive setups, it would effectively shut down the defensive setups and be QQ /emo /wrist worthy etc.

As for useful things to put in MC, well it IS matter creation so how about we summon sharp objects to be thrown at the enemy or etc.

Maybe we could get a line of 'summon' weapons such as bows/claws/etc that aren't completely useless.

Not particularly anything I'd want per say, but it would be in flavor and be somewhat cool possibly.
    Maybe we can go all Subzero on someone and start making ice clones and slick spots on the floor.

Think I'd prefer dropping the MC reqs all together, and I'm one of the people who has it IP'd most of the way up.

Though I would like to see matter met used still as changing our bodies is still an amusing aspect as long as we don't end up as Advy-lite (now with no trans fat!)
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Ma is looking at a bright future it seems. grats to you all.
    Drtheron B 220/30 Atrox Doc First AI30 atrox doc on RK1
    Stilithium B 220/12 Nanomage Doc PVP project

Nttheron B 220/16 Atrox NT Ao easymode pvp is: on
    Lithvium B 220/13 Solitius Crat DD hoe project
    Zystem B 208/8 Nanomage Engineer Tradeskiller

+ A couple of alts in progress

No worry, I've suggested that already. They already tried it, if ya remember ...
    It was hella bugged and our Attacks would land pretty much everywhere around the target selected, so they deleted and never spoke about it again.
    Yea, I remember... anyone could land MA attacks on anything, without any defense checks... or even level checks for that matter (subway n00bs abuse patch). So they tried and failed - that's no reason not to try again... (frankly I dunno if there's anything needed to be changed except removing the "User Character state == 10", better known as "being in-fight").

As for lower checks on Delirium (and FoL), I actually reported Delirium on bugsy and got this response (name removed): "Comment by _____ on May 09, 2009 06:57:16
    Thank you for your report but this is not a bug. If you feal that it should be considered for a change I suggest you mail feedback@anarchy-online.com. Thank you for your time.", and even mailed to FC about it (and never got a response either)... good luck this time, as Delirium is completely useless, ever since it was added. (Actually it needs a lightly higher AAO mod too, advies are likely still unperkable with limber, even if it landed)

One more thing on MA attacks - since all the perks are getting a higher range (from 3m to 5m) - MA attacks need a higher range as well.

I don't think anyone mentioned it yet, but our nemesis nano, the one vs MPs - it needs a serious boost, currently it doesn't OE the Zset shield nor the pets nor most PvP nanos MPs use - imho it should, at the very least, OE the Zset by half (even if the MP is all out nanoskills).

MC, MC, MC... if no one comes up with an actually useful nano line for it to use (not ACs !) - let it be gone...

And finally: did they tell you guys anything about the heals nerf ?
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Hope everyone is excited with the incoming changes
    Current
    Boom - 220/25 MA (aka Booooooom) | Q AFK?
    Firevvorkz - 220 Agent | Yawn
    Iknokungfu - 170/22 MA | Uber Minime
    Ifightdirty - 161 MA | In Progress
    Boomzdoc - 160/22 Doc | DKP/OH setup
    Sparkzzz - 150 Adv | Full CSS/Ranged
    Iknewkungfu 126 Trader | Silverback/Full Scout

Always Looking For Duels!!!

Proud Advisor of Devil Inside

i honestly cant wait, im really proud of what FC is doing, bumps for FC. and cant wait if MC will be remove as a requirement lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    On a personal note to the person who wrote me from prison. Best PM I have ever received. It is going on the wall of my office. To be clear: It is not the policy of my team to delete the characters of people who will be out of prison soon. (Please don't hurt us!)
    Quote Originally Posted by dododo2 View Post
    Grats to EvenTide

Quote Originally Posted by Iknokungfu View Post
    Hope everyone is excited with the incoming changes
    I got renewed hope for my MA. Seems like there will be a reason for me to start getting my gear updated a bit.

If we could only replace those ugly sticks with something.
    Sleincour 220/30/70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Patientis 220/28 Solitus Doctor
    Ingha 220/30 Solitus Bureaucrat
    Zizzla 150/20 Opifex Martial Artist
    Grobian 142/12 Atrox Enforcer
    Svengoran 127/15 Atrox Soldier
    Illxlll 102/10 Nanomage Nanotechnician
    Psicharpax 100/6 Nanomage Metaphysicist
    Sleina 100/7 Opifex Fixer

Veteran of the Scandinavian RK1 clan guild ..:Nordic Alliance:..

No worry, I've suggested that already. They already tried it, if ya remember ...
    No offense, but it must be something else they tried, because MA attacks have worked fine, then stopped, then were usable on non pvp flagged, not_in_pvp_range players, and finally, didn't work at all, whereas UWOS still works as all the MA attacks work. How about copy pasting what Uwos does?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

if they decide to add nanos to mc line, it would be nice to have a nano that adds:
    Multi mele, sneak attack, sharp objects and aad/aao...
    Maby not all in the same nano :P
    Its just my two cents
    Supernaute 220 ma
    Tulltrond 169 Nt
    Superfett 170 Agent
    Sjarken 161 Crat

*edit to make people happy*
    Last edited by Heliost; Jan 8th, 2010 at 18:45:21.

If I'm understanding correctly, the changes in the nano-cooldown processes will be HUGE.
    Like the holiday snowball nano, the cooldown can lock out that particular nano...allowing you to do other things.

To put it simply: /win

I like what I see. I like it a lot.
    Aleah, MA :: Zhoie, Doctor :: Scarlett, Soldier
    Neutral, (former) President of Art of War

Dipping my toe back in, thinking of returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    For the record, this is an exploit I am totally cool with people using. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aleah View Post
    If I'm understanding correctly, the changes in the nano-cooldown processes will be HUGE.
    Like the holiday snowball nano, the cooldown can lock out that particular nano...allowing you to do other things.

To put it simply: /win

I like what I see. I like it a lot.
    Allowing you to do other things like what?

Unless we gettin some nukes or other combat nanos that is...

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Allowing you to do other things like what?

Unless we gettin some nukes or other combat nanos that is...
    Use MA attacks for example? Cast a different sort of nano?
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

It helps for those times you heal before you remember dmg buf
    Still waiting for Ultimate Ofab Armor!

Definition of penultimate - next to the last

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    Use MA attacks for example? Cast a different sort of nano?
    You can use MA attacks in nano recharge already.

And there's nothing else MAs cast except heals and dmg buffs once in a while

I guess I can use my fear nano more often I guess lol

The lower defense check on delerium / flower sounds great if that really happens.
    Though we can't really call it love since it should have been the way it worked since the beginning.
    Martialmad - Guru

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    While they're messing around w/ the MA attacks: how about removing the "must be in-fight" message that you get from all MA attacks except UaWoS and make 'em all work like it ? Or fix the way the game thinks of "in-fight", because having someone Q'd and you're running/walking is still "in-fight", but the game doesn't get it.
    What annoys me about that is how you can spin like a top and still get nanos off no problem. Although if you pivot about just a little it says you're not in combat mode when trying to get a MA attack off.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi

I doubt I'll be re-subbing any time soon after how stuff went down before I left (as I know some of you are aware), but I just wanted to add my grats to the surviving MA's out there for finally getting to see some of these changes on the horizon - it looks like they're addressing most of the top complaints we've had over the last few years.

Special thanks to Soliartist and Iknowkungfu for taking up the Professional reins during this crucial time in AO's prof development. I'm glad you guys were there to provide input on the future of MA's. Keep up the good work!

~Vlain
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    --------------------------------------------------
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Sound allmost as good the improvement advs get!

"Increased nano cost. Goals are to place Adventurer in second place for amount of healing output, but via sacrificing damage".

Since we are allready in 2nd place for amount of healing output, we can now just sit back and wait for the increased nano cost and sacrificed damage.

Seems my 220 MA is gonna get more action then just Q /afk DD in the time to come.

*If* min-dmg is increased on fists, that can very well be the boost average lowbie MA's needed in SL.
    Game Suggestion:Make TL7 more then just a rush to 215+. Lower Profession Nanodeck levelreq down from 215+ to the level you can do the quest, 205+.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=566563

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast