Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Report back from your represenatives

I know most people are focused on pvp, but I like getting a new taunt. Even though we aren't the main tank prof, we are definitely "tanky".

I would like to maybe, possibly, get just one AoE taunt. Give it a 10 minute recharge. Nothing that will make enfos cry foul, just a tactical tool that can be saved for those "oh sh**" moments, to reinforce our role as backup tank.

Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    I know most people are focused on pvp, but I like getting a new taunt. Even though we aren't the main tank prof, we are definitely "tanky".

I would like to maybe, possibly, get just one AoE taunt. Give it a 10 minute recharge. Nothing that will make enfos cry foul, just a tactical tool that can be saved for those "oh sh**" moments, to reinforce our role as backup tank.
    If we see new taunts, I personally would like it to come from new nanos, or improved older nanos, instead of perks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

i like the new 100 max reflect though, maybe make it 120-150 and it is totally a good thing

is it possible to give the perkline +100 add dmg total? atleast to make up for PU and maybe the future loss of aao hud for combat, so 150 dmg MAYBE

3% reflects just like the coon line, MAYBE? but thats cool if thats a nono

yes remove the taunt for a decent stun with still nice DD (like CS) up the min dmg on perks like you said earlier and it could be very nice BUT, and thats a huge BUT, all this aside, where are we getting our AR boost? if anything with the new pistol and smg buffs coming, AR buffs/perks need some love to keep the attack rating much higher than smg or RE or pistol

50% chance to 4s stun with a high min and low max dmg would be nice, like 3500-3500, i used to say we need high min dmg and low max dmg on perks but witht he new 8k AC debuff we are getting...maybe high end is the way to go? only time will tell

ill stress this some more, where are we getting our AR boost from Questra? or is it gonna be in form of aao? procs? what

I'm excited on some parts, disappointed on others.

Perks

I really hoped we would get 2 or 3 themed perks, not one size fit all. While we speak of making setup and choices viable by adding pistol mastery and buffs, I hope we would get to choose our poison.

I don't mean that this perk is bad, a second drain is nice, and the added taunt will help us gain the backup tank role we've been trying to live for in raids back then. 100 add reflect also is nice imo.

I wished there was a second one with direct add dmg, one that doesn't bring any hp or anything else. But, okay...

About Heavy Ranged : If we're going to add AR to other line, -AGAIN- where's the point with assault rifle? Proper perk actions, along with superior AR, was in order to make it viable no ?

Full auto

I hoped we would get an increasing check, from 50% at first to 125% at 10th or so. Or at least to have each bullet checked and not having FA stopping at the first miss. We're too dependent on this one to have it going to 0 like this, especially considering how lower our FA attack rating is.

Reflect

I was expecting something there, maybe it's a lesser evil as we know that BR won't be 100% anymore. But still at 220 it's not nothing to spend your slots on reflect bracers.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

FA
    Better than nothing. But I too would prefer the 3 first atleast

Increased weapon support
    Most excellent. Soldier are masters of weaponry, so this has been a long time in the waiting.

Perks
    Hard to say at this point. But I would have preferred something more in tune with the proffession, like added reflects, damage, addalloff etc.

Reflect cap
    As its is possible to get 100% reflect in one damage type, and nano mage soldier can get 100% reflect in all damage types, I think this is needed. What I would suggest is that TMS/AMS no longer add to reflect, but SET reflect values, so that you could never exceed 75%/82%.

This is not necesarrily a bad thing, because it opens up for the opportunity to get better reflects from perks, specials and items that stack with RRFE etc, without going over the reflect top.
    General of First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Doniger View Post
    FA
    Better than nothing. But I too would prefer the 3 first atleast

Increased weapon support
    Most excellent. Soldier are masters of weaponry, so this has been a long time in the waiting.

Perks
    Hard to say at this point. But I would have preferred something more in tune with the proffession, like added reflects, damage, addalloff etc.

Reflect cap
    As its is possible to get 100% reflect in one damage type, and nano mage soldier can get 100% reflect in all damage types, I think this is needed. What I would suggest is that TMS/AMS no longer add to reflect, but SET reflect values, so that you could never exceed 75%/82%.

This is not necesarrily a bad thing, because it opens up for the opportunity to get better reflects from perks, specials and items that stack with RRFE etc, without going over the reflect top.

and render our ofab back useless and welcome 3k FAs on AMS again? hum, **** that, if we take 3k FAs again i want coon and acrobat and heals too...

He he, welcome to soldiers at TL 5, where AS FA and SA cap you through TMS
    General of First Order

FA
    Reflect cap
    I'm not in favor of that because it would remove most of the utility of the Ofab back.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    I'm not in favor of that because it would remove most of the utility of the Ofab back.

well if they did that then they would have to make full auto work like burst, and give us a perma mongo rage kinda buff that lasts 4 hours, because that right there would be the end of the soldier, but then again id just stay NR8 with 5k AR and go pew pew just sayin

He he, welcome to soldiers at TL 5, where AS FA and SA cap you through TMS
    This should be addressed anyway, I always felt the 5% reflect from ofab back is more as it's place from TL5, and in special forces.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

The max reflected damage is nice, but I kinda wanted something less permanent, like a shield we can put up at will as a perk action.
    Anything happening with the 2 lost perk in Heavy Ranged line? And will there be an attempt to look into more heavy weapons?

To me, about the only good thing soldier got out of LE, was the Anti-Mech Rocket Launcher, I want to see more of that even if it's not soldier only.

Changes to reflect seems fine, I really don't care much here as long as LE nukes and borrow reflect is gone. Getting a cap at like 90% is ok.

One of the things that pisses me off with recent development is all the love fixers got to FA that we can't even touch.

Even if it's not a high priority issue at first, I would really like to see some soldier equipment, uniforms, hats, helmets, gear and so on.. just not grey boring whatever lumps of clay, and weapons that would make a hairdresser horny.

I have given up on the RE perks as anything other then dual weild dd or KEC action, really hope KEC will still have it's place, or even get improved.

Making different soldier setups more viable in pvp would be great. Heavy weapons artillery long range sort of style, sneaky defensive KEC soldiers, close up smg rambo fighters, tactical assault rifle/grenade users.. and so on.

Oh, I've been thinking of something regarding weapons with full auto, instead of having a set amount of bullets and having to reload after each fa, you have an energy core that is slowly depleted when you use fullauto alot. So after say 8-10 fullautos you have to go in to manually recharge the weapon, or you will only have 1-3 bullets fullautos. This will mean the weapon works similar to "solarpowered weapons" and less time is lost "reloading" after each fa in a combat situation.
    Last edited by Hatech; Jan 7th, 2010 at 22:44:16.

More HP is fine if the reflect cap whittles down to something like 75%.
    Change the Ofab back to add healdelta, problem solved there. AMS is indestructable mode vs weapon fire right now, it probably shouldnt be. Sitting down and ignoring damage due to healdelta is just ****ing stupid on a massive number of levels.

As for perks, they look nice - But why make replace RE perks?. RE is a green soldier skill. Shouldnt it be viable too? Why not make it an option as a core skill?

The FA thing is a good idea, I would personally like to see 3 bullets as well being easier to land in a staggered format, where 1st is easiest, 2nd is easier, 3rd is easier than standard, but harder than 2, and 4+ is normal.

IMO soldiers currently are either awesome juggernauts, or feel pretty limp. I would love to see this more 'normalized' across opponents, both as a soldier and as soldier opponent
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    More HP is fine if the reflect cap whittles down to something like 75%.
    Change the Ofab back to add healdelta, problem solved there. AMS is indestructable mode vs weapon fire right now, it probably shouldnt be. Sitting down and ignoring damage due to healdelta is just ****ing stupid on a massive number of levels.

As for perks, they look nice - But why make replace RE perks?. RE is a green soldier skill. Shouldnt it be viable too? Why not make it an option as a core skill?

The FA thing is a good idea, I would personally like to see 3 bullets as well being easier to land in a staggered format, where 1st is easiest, 2nd is easier, 3rd is easier than standard, but harder than 2, and 4+ is normal.

IMO soldiers currently are either awesome juggernauts, or feel pretty limp. I would love to see this more 'normalized' across opponents, both as a soldier and as soldier opponent

yes we heard your *waa waa AMS is actually good vs enfs* now move along and dont come back

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    For the most part I'm wanting to let the Professionals handle the dissemination of information with all of this, but there is one thing I want to chime in on, and something we've been a bit coy about overall in mentioning.

When we talk about rebalancing, we do mean rebalancing. We mean a complete, ground-up look over all the numbers in game - How much AAO professions can receive, what their overall nano-costs are for buffing, how much IP they have to spend to cast their nanos, ect. ect. ect.

When you guys see things like the perk docs, or receive information on the rebalancing, it's important to understand that we're not going to change one or two things - There are massive changes incoming to the overall balance of numbers that professions receive, to make them more viable across the board. What you may perceive as an issue with the announced changes will also more than likely be addressed as we go through and fix the overarching numbers spread for the entire game.

There's more to The Great Rebalancing than just tweaking a couple of items/perks/nanos. A whole lot more.
    In Brad, We trust.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post
    Perk 1 - HP drain. Hits for 2532-2532 and recovers 100% HP, taunts 8k, 40s recharge.
    WTF is this ****?

Why is nobody talking about it?

Am I getting something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Tlatoani View Post
    WTF is this ****?

To me it seems like a 1.2k heal in pvp and 2.5k heal in pvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlatoani View Post
    WTF is this ****?

lol you cant even tell its like draw blood, you actually thought it healed the soldier completely?

Don't know if I'm happy with the perk attacks, PU isn't the only thing we need a replacement for, we also have a capping special we'll need to make up for on like 1/4 of the profs :P

Changing the weaker one to 1s would be nice at least.

Oh and I'd love the taunt perks to be changed to 1s attack and be usable on target rather than on fighting target, like the AI perks are.

"Reflects will be hardcapped below 100%. Due to how few soldiers take advantage of that, I don't think it'll be much of a big deal. This will also affect things like coon, and finally make BRing traders killable."

So you mean I can no longer troll solds with ams5/mae/reflect bracer/arul for 100% proj reflect?

And why are some of you still acting like NMs are still getting that dmg to nano thing? Means said they're rethinking the perks.
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    I'm not complaining, other than that it feels as though we're being given a slap in the face with these proposals..

Do we 'need' more Hp? really? honestly? so they take away power up, which is our main DD perkline in most situations, and in return we get some more HP that we dont have any real use for.

Do we want to have ANOTHER weapon type that is 'okayish but not great'.
    Can you imagine the price of Lust's the moment this happens? 500mil+ now, let soldiers have it, and people will be wanting 1bil each for these I swear.

I just dont get any feeling of 'this will be good for us', just a feeling of 'how could it be any worse'
    I have to say I kindof agree here. I am 216 atm and have 25k HP. I think that is plenty to be honest. However, my DD perkline is Powerup and the plan is to take this away. I would rather keep power up or get a new DD perk line with more DD even. I don't want to lose my DD perk line for an HP one.

I also am not really worried about a pistol. I would rather have the Assualt Rifle. I have beat a few 220 pistol soldiers at 216 with a d-shark so in my opinion having pistols won't be a help. Also, instead of pistol mastery, maybe another DD line.

Just my few thoughts for what they are worth.

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    lol you cant even tell its like draw blood, you actually thought it healed the soldier completely?
    Hey, I'm not the one that needs some communication skills, I read it as it is, literally. Like the "Official Report" it should be

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast