Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Report back from your represenatives

id like to know if the profs are still trying to get FA to land easier

if they are working still on getting us a stun, be it 50% or 100% or whatever

if they plan on keeping the new perkline as it is with reflect dmg or make it into something diferent(the taunt in the line is trash, i think QQ wanted to replace it with a stun etc)

if they are trying to get new and good procs

if they are trying to get AR love

if they are still trying to make our debuffs land easier (tbh 90% on the -400 dodge like tracer would be a great start, and tracer a tad lower maybe, seeing as a half striped crat can dodge tracer from an endgame self buffed soldier)

just trying to get an update but i think the devs arnt working on any of that atm because they are still silent?
    Last edited by heartless888; Mar 5th, 2010 at 17:31:23.

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    They already said the first bullet will have a lower check. Not enough imo though. Burst's first bullet should have a lower check to make up for its low AR, and FA's first two should have a lower check to make it of some actual use against evaders.
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post

if they are working still on getting us a stun, be it 50% or 100% or whatever

if they plan on keeping the new perkline as it is with reflect dmg or make it into something diferent(the taunt in the line is trash, i think QQ wanted to replace it with a stun etc)

if they are trying to get new and good procs

if they are trying to get AR love

if they are still trying to make our debuffs land easier (tbh 90% on the -400 dodge like tracer would be a great start, and tracer a tad lower maybe, seeing as a half striped crat can dodge tracer from an endgame self buffed soldier)

just trying to get an update but i think the devs arnt working on any of that atm because they are still silent?
    No. We've decided to let the devs delete soldiers and gives use all keepers.

Honestly, what kind of questions are these? Do you want us to post daily and say, "We are doing what we did yesterday. Still doing it today. Today too." You also have to realize FC doesn't want us telling you things until they've made certain that's how it's going to be.

All the answers to these questions can be found in the first two posts of this thread. If they can't be found in one of those two places, we don't have the answer yet.

You also need to keep in mind the devs do as they please. Questra and I can make suggestions, but in the end the devs come up with the ideas and we suggest changes to them.
    Last edited by Berinda; Mar 5th, 2010 at 21:08:01.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    No. We've decided to let the devs delete soldiers and gives use all keepers.

Honestly, what kind of questions are these? Do you want us to post daily and say, "We are doing what we did yesterday. Still doing it today. Today too." You also have to realize FC doesn't want us telling you things until they've made certain that's how it's going to be.

All the answers to these questions can be found in the first two posts of this thread. If they can't be found in one of those two places, we don't have the answer yet.

You also need to keep in mind the devs do as they please. Questra and I can make suggestions, but in the end the devs come up with the ideas and we suggest changes to them.

well it was more like, is there still work in progress or you are still just waiting on the devs to give you feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Eseb View Post
    They already said the first bullet will have a lower check. Not enough imo though. Burst's first bullet should have a lower check to make up for its low AR, and FA's first two should have a lower check to make it of some actual use against evaders.
    i know they are, my question was about the first 3 bullets thing :P not the first one

I'd say that right now, ideas are swirling around.

Quite awhile ago Berinda and I made a wishlist and gave it to devs. It's very similar to the wishlist in our forums.

The most important thing was BR, and now that BR has more or less been dealt with (though I'd prefer a longer cooldown, 80 seconds at least), the next most important things are on the menu.

To me, it seems the next priorities are:

1) Extra DD (either flingshot or an interesting grenade special)
    2) First 3 bullets in a FA being easier to land (suggestion is first bullet 80% second 90% third 95%)
    3) PNS not overwriting RRFE on teammates god dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post
    1) Extra DD (either flingshot or an interesting grenade special)
    We'll have a lot of IP if we end up not needing RE/AS. Fling would be great. Fixers get it after all! :P
    2) First 3 bullets in a FA being easier to land (suggestion is first bullet 80% second 90% third 95%)
    Burst too! ;P
    3) PNS not overwriting RRFE on teammates god dammit!
    Could also make PNS 30%. If it no longer overwrites RRFE I don't want to have to RRFE everyone in the team.
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

Burst too! ;P
    Given that burst gets 3 independent checks already, I don't see why the mechanic needs to change. FA I can understand, that's an 11s recharge on a potentially hard hitting attack, that has a knock on effect (having to reload) for it to wtffail just because one bullet missed.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Given that burst gets 3 independent checks already, I don't see why the mechanic needs to change. FA I can understand, that's an 11s recharge on a potentially hard hitting attack, that has a knock on effect (having to reload) for it to wtffail just because one bullet missed.
    Low burst skill, so low burst AR. Lower checks on at least one bullet would even it out a bit.
    Eseb

We'll have a lot of IP if we end up not needing RE/AS. Fling would be great. Fixers get it after all! :P
    Personally I would prefer some extra attack options unique to assault rifles, like the grenade launcher/shotgun addons that have been floating around as ideas.

But Flingshot would likely be much easier for the already really really busy devs to do.

Burst too! ;P
    Burst performs ok vs evade profs already I think.

Could also make PNS 30%. If it no longer overwrites RRFE I don't want to have to RRFE everyone in the team.
    On BS and certainly in NW, RRFE is much better since it doesn't need to be refreshed. We can't expect not to die, and it'd be much better not to leave our teammates without reflects when we do.

It's pretty easy to do, they just need to make the team verion of our reflect auras have a different stacking order to RRFE in the reflect line, and make RRFE stack higher than all of them.

This is the nano the hours-long pre nul aura (which is in a seperate nanoline to reflects) casts on you every 10 seconds (unless you're AMSed in which cast it fails because AMS stacks higher)

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=232249

This is the nano it casts on all nearby team members every 120 seconds

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=231340

They're seperate nanos. All that needs to happen is make RRFE stack higher than the team version of Pre-Nul. Currently RRFE has a stacking order of 260, and team prenul is 285 (TMS 1x is 300).

Personally I would prefer some extra attack options unique to assault rifles, like the grenade launcher/shotgun addons that have been floating around as ideas.

But Flingshot would likely be much easier for the already really really busy devs to do.

On BS and certainly in NW, RRFE is much better since it doesn't need to be refreshed. We can't expect not to die, and it'd be much better not to leave our teammates without reflects when we do.

It's pretty easy to do, they just need to make the team verion of our reflect auras have a different stacking order to RRFE in the reflect line, and make RRFE stack higher than all of them.

This is the nano the hours-long pre nul aura (which is in a seperate nanoline to reflects) casts on you every 10 seconds (unless you're AMSed in which cast it fails because AMS stacks higher)

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=232249

This is the nano it casts on all nearby team members every 120 seconds

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=231340

They're seperate nanos. All that needs to happen is make RRFE stack higher than the team version of Pre-Nul. Currently RRFE has a stacking order of 260, and team prenul is 285 (TMS 1x is 300).
    Hey you know how Team GSF lasts quite a while and in the foreseeable future is supposedly getting the runspeed buff upped so it matches single target GSF? How about a team RRFE?

Lasts one hour, cast once, all team gets RRFE. BANG and the reflects are on.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

What I meant was make PNS 30% AND make it not overwrite RRFE. That way we don't need to cast RRFE on everyone when doing PvM or whatever.
    Eseb

What I meant was make PNS 30% AND make it not overwrite RRFE. That way we don't need to cast RRFE on everyone when doing PvM or whatever.
    Ah, you mean make the team version of Pre Nul 30%?

That's possible, though the duration of the team shield would need to be lengthened (while the refresh tick of the aura remains the same) so that if the soldier dies the team still has some reflects until the soldier can get back from decon.

The important thing is that people are willing to team with the soldier when he or she is using Pre Nul. Currently not many people are willing to do that and it affects our reflects before and after AMS considerably.

I don't. It misses just as much as FA, if not more. If I end up not being able to use AS against evaders I want my burst and FA to perform well enough to replace it.
    Eseb

What about the pns self one 40%, team 31%?
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

I hope the changes will make the soldier better, but i think not ....
    For pvp we became nothing and we have no AS any more ...
    No new add dmg perk line ...
    Punishment Inc.
    Pringles 220 Soldier - [ E ] | Rize - 217 Doc

Unless you're from the future, your wording could use some work.

Changes are being made across the board so people don't NEED AS anymore. Furthermore, the new soldier perkline has yet to be finalized, nor have new nanos (if there are going to be any) been announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Unless you're from the future, your wording could use some work.

Changes are being made across the board so people don't NEED AS anymore. Furthermore, the new soldier perkline has yet to be finalized, nor have new nanos (if there are going to be any) been announced.
    yeah no1 has a clue whats going on, we get it :s

Any other new Information ?
    Punishment Inc.
    Pringles 220 Soldier - [ E ] | Rize - 217 Doc

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast