Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Report back from your represenatives

I browsed some of the other profs announcements, and they are getting a complete revamp of Pets, Mimics, defenses, offenses, some even get a new special, etc. Looks like their entire profession is rethought. I can't believe we're in the same case with 3 changes.

Kintaii responded, and so I hope there is more than what was announced here.

However I see nothing coming, nothing new, or available for testing, months after the original post. (This btw is not directed to our profs, as I know they do all they can to gather more information).

I think and hope that if reflects are nerfed, or capped, that AAD is also capped in the same way. Kintaii mentioned big changes, so what I read is that all the defenses will be reviewed, and if one gets a cap, others might get one too. It's the Big Rebalance after all, not the Big Screwup. Right?.......right?

I'd also like to see big changes. In fact, I don't care about access to pistols. It's like, the entire game is moving to Lust based guns now? No, we don't want that.

I want a Heavy Weapon. Should be BIG, should be BAD ASS, should be viable big time, and should hurt, and not just hurt Mechs, should hurt in pvp. You guys have CCs? We do crowd control too, with bullets, lots of bullets, and they hurt.

I always have in mind the heavy German MG-42 machine gun featured in the movie Aliens (known as the M56 Smartgun, the one that Drake and Vasquez were using). That kind of badass gun.
    Last edited by Ocene; Apr 11th, 2010 at 05:51:56.

The devs are currently busy slamming out the daily missions/collector. They should then have time to fully devote to balancing after the next patch.

I take the fact that soldiers aren't being radically redesigned as a good sign. There are problems that need addressed, but our profession isn't broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Some thoughts:

Perk line - AR.

I'd like to see perhaps two parts to this, an offensive & defensive one.

Defensive should buff damage mitigation (although with reflects being hard capped, I can't see soldiers not being able to max it easily with ql100 imps etc ) and HD. Evades are barely worth the IP these days in PvP (barring criticals) so perhaps the line could add some -crit chance, I'd like to see -10 total perhaps in the line.

Offensive, I'd like to see something along the lines of this trader goodness, but perhaps with allowing the hard cap to reflects removed, but with health sacrifice. i.e. If you fully twink reflects, you can get 99% during sacrifice, but have the headache of healing up. The idea being that AR soldiers should have massive DD, but at some risk. Obviously, there would have to be some thoughts over whether or not it was usable during AMS.

I also think there's room for the line to boost -% skill lock massively (ok, ok, perhaps by 10-15% bonus throughout the line) which would indirectly help us with healing due to stim usage. This has a lot of positives in it, and could make self-healing not require a lot of extra items / perk heals etc. Given that outside perks, this is our only source of healing, I feel people should be focusing on it.

Bottom line thinking:

AR's only advantage at the moment is that it allows you to perk people in PvP. Dual wielding in PvE has so much more damage its not funny. The major problem I think with AR soldiers is that top end weapons are too easy to cap specials on. Yes, Dshark & Xan of Anger are simply faaaar too easy to get as good results with on a gimped toon using ql132 imps as an endgame one using beta / alpha symbs.

Compare this with the ofab shark VI - I bothered to get it capped when it came out, and there was nary a benefit at all (barring damage type, which the Xan then took over). This leads to a double 'hit' on the profession: other professions can cry "nerf soldier", because it takes so little effort to be good, and we're left in the cold when we try to ask for 'better' things, due to this.

Bottom line: both the Dshark and Xan of Anger should have their requirements to cap specials upped. Aka, nerf the crap out of these jokes of soldiers wearing ql132 imps @ 218.

Other thoughts:

NR / RS. Apart from solitus tacky hack, we're a walking invite to root & leave. Again, I feel that -% skill lock would help, in allowing more free moment stims to be used.

In an ideal world, we'd split the soldier class into two main 'types' of soldier - light weapons and heavy weapons. Pistols & SMG would come into 'light' soldiers (so, think fleet of foot, less HP, reflects capped lower than heavy soldiers but with some root resistance etc) and AR & Heavy weapons focusing on slow DPS tanks, more reflects but easy to outrun & kite etc etc. Hopefully, you get the idea. Profession specific perk lines should have two lines, each focusing on this split - relying on secondary perk lines of SMG / Pistol mastery for the main stay of DPS on a dual wielding soldier is a bit backward thinking.

Lastly:

Talan @ 2004-12-21 08:32
    wow... nice buff... we just need weapons to go with it... :eyeroll:

Six years and Soldiers still don't have a weapon line that uses a SL nano line. Re-work this, and you might have a lot of room to benefit the class.
    Last edited by Kaitlain; Apr 13th, 2010 at 13:13:10.

Skill lock would definitely help, and in many situations. Also remember the soldier's hhab ring which gives protection against roots/snares (I haven't had a chance to use it yet, as I just recently got it), and if I'm not mistaken removes any current root/snares, thing though, we're so easily rooted again.

In AR setup perks don't land that easily at all.

Also, about those DShark noobs...if they land FA on you, you gotta be doing something wrong.

I agree on the HW points.
    Last edited by Ocene; Apr 14th, 2010 at 04:30:00.

wow until now i didnt even know there is SL HW buff ... thats how usefull it is;-]

to the changes: i wish there would be as many weapon choices for sols as possible.. pistol RE HW shotgun.. all of em that would be ubah...

I was SMG when LE came out and with SMG stun perk i just had to w8 until my areo corona caps AS then stun perk 3 dd perks FA (i had to time FA cause reuse on MK5 waslike 40 secs?) and done... it was actually working.
    but got bored of it and now as a riffle sol. i think those changes will hurt our main weapon alot.

I mean in mass pvp with all those auras i got easily 4200 AR and its still not enuff to land FAs.
    1st bullet wil land better... nice but waaay not enuf.. it should be like 4-5 minimum.. as how it is now every single proff can tank Soldier until AMS is down. some of them having a hard time doing it but possible. and tanking proffesion called "soldier" with every single support proffesion ingame...uff

I like those new perks but at last one of them should have %stun and wholeperk likne should add +dmg(like power up)

the heal drain perk is really nice too. can help in solo pvm alot

i heard the debuffs/roots/snares will have alot shorter pvp duration .. thats cool .. pvp will be much more dynamic.. sooo cant say anything to that part yet

PROCS: all can aggree that our procs compare to almost ( if not all) proffs sux so much (enfos procs lol?, ... ) yes we have + dmg for pvm DD thats "ok" i think
    sum1 who made our HD/AC procs must be a really funny guy!
    our one single +AAO proc cant save it
    would love to see sum really nice taunt procs and sum real HD procs, maybe root proc, - heal eff or sumthing for pvp

Reflects: dont mind hard cap.. but would love to see change to AMS/TMS in way it will not debuff nanoskills anymore.. just gives u sum nanoprogram in NCU.. like Agents concentration nanos.. so we can use nano kits.. root grafts,, blind rings etc. that might actually helps alot as all proffs can outrun or snare/root us when we ams.. so we can at last root them too for a sec

overall im not saying those changes are baad but we really need FA/dmg boosts as i dont think they will nerf deffense alot and 1bullet FA? not worth using because of reload.... vs evade proffsim not even pressing FA anymore just hoping on regulars+burst.
    ----------------------------
    so GIEF 3-4 bullets on FA min and +FS on ass riffles , Oh and make our weapons look cool not like vacuum cleaner (same as traders shotgun) thats just really saad to see

rewamp almost all our procs

more weapons would be cool too sum HW/shotguns for +crit setups
    Vespersk 220/70/30 Sol
    Runordie 220/50/23 Enf
    Piskotka 220/50/21 Adv
    Vesperagent 170/40/19 Agent
    Arpi 150/30/9 Adv
    Taishasdoc220/70/25 Doc
    Bebop10 170/full/full Sol 300 ofab on
    Hoboblaster 200/full/XX Crat for S7 in progress

New heavy weapons would actually do the trick for me.. along with that nice +dmg-shield perk and some more damage perks.

New heavy weapon like gatling gun, big plasma canon, laser canon, particule beam canon etc

want to seperate assualt rifle to dual weapon that can easly be done increase min and max dmg on most 2 handed range weapon like 100-150, in this case we may shot less shot compare to dual weapon but dmg output are nearly the same so no more complain on OD

for burst or FA problem, i agree that in the event the FA or burst fail it sure hit aleast 30-40% of the bullet we fire out, and again evade prof, make our peck debuf 100% and we had sucess charge of landing FA at least 60%, other option dev can adjust was def percent on the burst and FA like 80% def skill apply, only dev can play with it until they get a correct ratio 60% pass 40 fail on most evade toon

can we keep AS as option as well on some weapon or upgrade and give agent special AS that need to hide that caller snipe. AS work like slow down our normal atk around 6s to 8s to land the atk.this prove that it take time to to take aim& shot and lower the dmg cap of AS to max 8k dmg and max cap at 15s to 20s to reused. give special AS to agent, AS still reteain with most rifle weapon it will serve as additional AS and fling or burst as option, this will make agent true sniper,

for the reflect if cap also not a problem but the cap should around max 98% that the max reflect we can have, for BR or NT version option 1 if debuff 50% get 50% plus the draw back (like TMS or AMS lock nano trader also got the 50 percent of the time frame) and no stacking with RRFE or any other reflect buff
    option 2 30% get 30% no draw back no stacking so even soldier we max reflect we still got TMS or AMS at 68% that will help us survive
    or option 4 really give our AMS or TMS god mode again all kind of atk or debuff for the duration of the buff based on max cap reflect 98%

peck line give us more drain or hp or heal then more or less like other prof and doc fixer are going to be out of business, retain currecnt peck line give us peck that do something in reflect line that provide us a option that able to turn our dmg into heal ing for shot duration that give us off choice or def choice, and the rest i think other ppl already cover it more HD would help, this reflect line also give us increase a bit of reflect each level, it also give us hand grenade AOE dmg peck

i also agree on we soldier should be weapon master on range combat, nano to reflect that and we also would do good in social env.

i would like to see heavy weapon add on to assualt rifle, hand grenade, special ammo for our wepon, mine, bomb that we can plant on the ground or lay trap and etc in AO this will bring hold new level of combat to AO as well, engie dog would give new fuction to search out those hidden bomb and disarm bomb skill would be in used and perseption skill will be in used as well

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    wow until now i didnt even know there is SL HW buff ... thats how usefull it is;-]

to the changes: i wish there would be as many weapon choices for sols as possible.. pistol RE HW shotgun.. all of em that would be ubah...

I was SMG when LE came out and with SMG stun perk i just had to w8 until my areo corona caps AS then stun perk 3 dd perks FA (i had to time FA cause reuse on MK5 waslike 40 secs?) and done... it was actually working.
    but got bored of it and now as a riffle sol. i think those changes will hurt our main weapon alot.

I mean in mass pvp with all those auras i got easily 4200 AR and its still not enuff to land FAs.
    1st bullet wil land better... nice but waaay not enuf.. it should be like 4-5 minimum.. as how it is now every single proff can tank Soldier until AMS is down. some of them having a hard time doing it but possible. and tanking proffesion called "soldier" with every single support proffesion ingame...uff

I like those new perks but at last one of them should have %stun and wholeperk likne should add +dmg(like power up)

the heal drain perk is really nice too. can help in solo pvm alot

i heard the debuffs/roots/snares will have alot shorter pvp duration .. thats cool .. pvp will be much more dynamic.. sooo cant say anything to that part yet

PROCS: all can aggree that our procs compare to almost ( if not all) proffs sux so much (enfos procs lol?, ... ) yes we have + dmg for pvm DD thats "ok" i think
    sum1 who made our HD/AC procs must be a really funny guy!
    our one single +AAO proc cant save it
    would love to see sum really nice taunt procs and sum real HD procs, maybe root proc, - heal eff or sumthing for pvp

Reflects: dont mind hard cap.. but would love to see change to AMS/TMS in way it will not debuff nanoskills anymore.. just gives u sum nanoprogram in NCU.. like Agents concentration nanos.. so we can use nano kits.. root grafts,, blind rings etc. that might actually helps alot as all proffs can outrun or snare/root us when we ams.. so we can at last root them too for a sec

overall im not saying those changes are baad but we really need FA/dmg boosts as i dont think they will nerf deffense alot and 1bullet FA? not worth using because of reload.... vs evade proffsim not even pressing FA anymore just hoping on regulars+burst.
    ----------------------------
    so GIEF 3-4 bullets on FA min and +FS on ass riffles , Oh and make our weapons look cool not like vacuum cleaner (same as traders shotgun) thats just really saad to see

rewamp almost all our procs

more weapons would be cool too sum HW/shotguns for +crit setups
    I smiled when I read this post because I think you'll be pleased. While I think it's extremely unlikely we'd get a reduced check on 4 bullets, Berinda and I have asked for 3 and have bumped this with the devs recently.

Once we see the new weapon buffs we can start putting new weapon designs to the devs, but first things first. It seems like most people want a heavy weapons option, so people should start tinkering with ideas for stats on them.

Also, keep in mind that if we did get a HW option it shouldn't be just an AR with a different required skill, it should fulfill a different purpose in PvP. (e.g a huge gatling gun with FA only which would spray up to 3-5 bullets on all targets within a 5-10m radius of the target, but with reduced attack rating on vicinity targets). I'm not as much a HW enthusiast as some of you so I'm sure you guys would have better ideas.

a HW with just fling and burst would be nice, but it would have to do 2.5k reg hits or more, because of the low AR we will have, the retarded def people got and ofc rrfe, 2.5k is bare minimum tbh

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    a HW with just fling and burst would be nice, but it would have to do 2.5k reg hits or more, because of the low AR we will have, the retarded def people got and ofc rrfe, 2.5k is bare minimum tbh
    A gun like that sounds more like a shotgun to me. Slow large damage hits with no automatic fire. The only heavy weapon that would be like that is some kind of mini cannon, and that just reminds me of some Dragonball Z crap.

My idea's.

Fast hitting mini gun type HW, no specials but averagely high damage with taunt maybe and minus runspeed maybe... if it does higher damage or taunts or adds to defences a bit.

slow firing heavy hitter, maybe with fling or burst. Like some sort of cannon, las-cannon from 40k maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Lasliana View Post
    My idea's.

Fast hitting mini gun type HW, no specials but averagely high damage with taunt maybe and minus runspeed maybe... if it does higher damage or taunts or adds to defences a bit.

slow firing heavy hitter, maybe with fling or burst. Like some sort of cannon, las-cannon from 40k maybe?
    there is no such thing as *fast hitting* weapons, everything is capped at 1/1

WTB Heavy Bolter!!

(and Vortex grenades, but dont think that would fly )

edit: Man, that brought back memories. "You know that 1400 pt Commander you're so proud of? The one with the custom, 2 week paint job? Hes dead now.")
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Well what about this? Dreadloch Combat Remodulator , though ive never seen it in action to know what its attack time is actually like, if its even capped to 1/1.
    And if not break the cap for a mini gun!/heavy bolter... (and i cant find the photoshopped picture of a atrox soldier with a heavy bolter.)
    Last edited by Lasliana; Apr 25th, 2010 at 02:35:47.

just give us back Sunburst mk IV with insane min dmg :P
    Anyone remembers those times? :P
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

Well what about this? Dreadloch Combat Remodulator , though ive never seen it in action to know what its attack time is actually like, if its even capped to 1/1.
    And if not break the cap for a mini gun!/heavy bolter... (and i cant find the photoshopped picture of a atrox soldier with a heavy bolter.)
    capped at 1/1

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    capped at 1/1
    break the cap then for rapid firing heavy weapons, radical yeah, but it would be interesting to see how it works out.

I've been mulling over the gatling gun concept. It seems that the 1/1 restriction is hardcoded into the engine. I don't know how difficult the coding would be to change, or if the server response times could keep up with a weapon with such a rapid rate of fire. Multiple attack bars would be an option, but the weapon wouldn't fire anywhere near the speed of gatling gun.

The developers are going to be extremely busy with the rebalancing, and I don't know how many resources they'd be willing to devote to this or even if they have the motivation. I think a slow-firing, hard hitting cannon type weapon would be more the thing to aim for as a viable heavy weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Howabout our nemesis nano?

Is it going to strip away a large chunk of ppls defence?

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    I've been mulling over the gatling gun concept. It seems that the 1/1 restriction is hardcoded into the engine. I don't know how difficult the coding would be to change, or if the server response times could keep up with a weapon with such a rapid rate of fire. Multiple attack bars would be an option, but the weapon wouldn't fire anywhere near the speed of gatling gun.

The developers are going to be extremely busy with the rebalancing, and I don't know how many resources they'd be willing to devote to this or even if they have the motivation. I think a slow-firing, hard hitting cannon type weapon would be more the thing to aim for as a viable heavy weapon.
    I'm only saying this because I like thinking about stuff like this:

Weapons are capped at 1/1 but there are some ways of circumventing that restriction. At least in theory. I'm no expert on coding or game mechanics so this is really just a theory. A 1/1 gun could perhaps have a proc tied to it so that 50% of the shots (that lands) sets off a DoT that lasts for 2 seconds (for example) and does a normal-hit type damage per DOT-tick at 1 tick per second.

So kinda like this:

QL 300 Gatling Gun
    Heavy Weapons 2201
    Burst 1900
    Damage 350-600(500)
    Attack 1.0
    Recharge 1.0
    Proc on Hit: 50% chance of landing a DoT that does 2500 damage (800-1150ish in PvP) per second for 2 seconds.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast