Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Annoying small things everyone knows about yet have not been fixed

Not sure if allready mentioned, but there is still bug about ghosts of killed monsters in mishes, often happens when you are on other side of miss or in different floor and other part of team kill some mobs, they look like alive, but are dead and unattackable...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Some heads have disappeared from character creation. Also disappeared from forum as avatars.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

-zoning from xan hub to arid rift places you facing to the left wall.
    -zoning from jobe platform to [the right most exit] places you facing -backwards.
    -when zoning into camelot castle pets often zone into the wall, this also -appens in other places when pets are rooted.
    -the top of the stairs in fairly deep subway are the same as the ones in inf missions, the top one isnt climbable.
    -robes/dresses in wear overrides mesh in social legs
    -social light robe overrides back item whether its in social neck or back
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Useless places with geomtery bug:
    Pos: 1172.0, 1491.7, 82.5, Area: Acme. Ramp which have edge similiar to BS teleports requires jump. (No one ever needs this place but it does exist...)
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

If it hasn't been mentioned already, in the 12 man instance, if you are fighting The Xan too close to a wall, he will spawn towers inside the walls making it impossible to attack them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

In the Merc Camp in EFP, mobs are able to run through the wall & then fall into the river.

Some mobs run away from you, I have tried to strategically place them but to no avail sometimes they just run straight through the wall.

30 second lockout on searching the forums, annoying as HELL
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

please if you are going to report a certain place, please do try to include the Shift F9 information just take out your Character ID this is very very helpful when the Bug Hunters or the CoT to find what you are speaking of
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Not sure if allready mentioned, but there is still bug about ghosts of killed monsters in mishes, often happens when you are on other side of miss or in different floor and other part of team kill some mobs, they look like alive, but are dead and unattackable...
    I've had this happen a few times.
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

Problems with "patch not found" error while trying to get on Testlive?
    See Technogen's "Halp, I can't patch to test!" Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BugsCoT View Post
    I've had this happen a few times.
    +1

It used to happen tons of times in LE mishes where everyone just ran around in different directions killing everything. Haven't seen it happening in a long time, though.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Not a small thing but annoying just as well...

The problem with the "stuck resolve" system, namely the fact that you are required to sit down to be able to use it.
    But in most cases when you are stuck, you can't sit down either because of a "You can't sit down while falling." message, or your character appears to sit down but /stuck will say that you are not sitting.
    You can't log out (because you can't sit) and killing the client process then relogging doesn't help either (at least in most cases).
    Petitioning won't work because you are required to use the /stuck command first, which you can't do because you can't (effectively) sit down.

The only reliable workaround to get out of such situations is to use some sort of teleportation (SL/RK recall beacon, teleport perk action, engi warp) or /terminate, but these options may not be available or acceptable, depending on the given situation.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Agents carry a -2000 Init Debuff with their FP line of nanos.
    The problem with Suppressive Horde is that it makes the player execute a nanoprogram that buffs their damage relative to the soldier's level.

Since Suppressive Horde is a "nano" that each player himself casts (and isn't necessarily a buff the soldier casts on his team), a sufficient amount of negative NanoInit - IE under False Profession - will put a 6-7 second nano-execution bar, which prevents the Agent from firing a shot. Moving a short distance or strafing will cancel this execution, but it also means that you do not receive the damage bonus unless you stay perfectly still.

Same thing with the SL Playfield access nanos given to you by those Technician dudes. They dont' cast the nano, your character does, and again, any sufficient negative Init will affect this majorly. If you move before the "nano" completes, you do not get access to the portal and your credits do not get refunded.
    Also related I noticed what I would consider a bug in Dark Ruins with the rafters.

If you UBT the rafters, the nano they are forced to run to remove their reflects take ages due to the same mechanics outlined above. Annoying, but hardly fatal.
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

When i started a new doc i got myself reminded of another bug:
    When dinging level 5. you will get a fake research ding: The icon appears but there is no stage done.
    It's also not that the research opens from level 5, since the minimal level of stage 1 is level 1.
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Xatgunner View Post
    When i started a new doc i got myself reminded of another bug:
    When dinging level 5. you will get a fake research ding: The icon appears but there is no stage done.
    It's also not that the research opens from level 5, since the minimal level of stage 1 is level 1.
    I actually kind of like that this happens and am fairly confident that it's intentional. It's like a reminder to the brand new player, "Hey, there's something else you need to look at besides perks and IP distribution."
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    Petitioning won't work because you are required to use the /stuck command first, which you can't do because you can't (effectively) sit down.
    You can petition it, provided you DON'T classify it as a Stuck petition, and we can come rescue you.

The only caveat here is that since its not classified as Stuck, it doesn't have Stuck priority. But those with high enough clearance to see it can take it out of order and come help you.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

So, if you are stuck and the stuck command doesn't work, you can petition for help as long as you don't classify it as stuck? Would you have a suggestion as to how we should classify the petition so that we don't feel like idiots in classifying it as "quest problem" only to have to tell the GM meekly that we are stuck when they respond?

I think the point of the poster on this was that he didn't want to feel like he had to abuse a mechanic or deceive an GM in order to get his petition handled.

My unofficial & unsponsored best guess:
    Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    When you have the problem of "/stuck" or "/petition stuck" not working, don't use the word "stuck" in your petition description.
    Example:
    /petition - I am not snared or rooted, but can not play because I am locked in a spot where I am unable to sit or move.

When the automated system asks for you to clarify, be sure to "change class" or follow the options for "General Gameplay Questions/Problems", but not the one for "stuck". Once you get an ARK/GM, explain to them that you are stuck & unable to use the "/stuck" commands or "/petition stuck" because it is not working properly (explain how it is not working for you). They will move you, plus you have made an official complaint about /stuck, in its current form, being worthless 80% of the time it is needed.

Someone might mention about not abusing the classification system, but if the stuck classification does not work, what option do we have than to choose a less specific classification? Being stuck is a "General Gameplay Problem".
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    So, if you are stuck and the stuck command doesn't work, you can petition for help as long as you don't classify it as stuck? Would you have a suggestion as to how we should classify the petition so that we don't feel like idiots in classifying it as "quest problem" only to have to tell the GM meekly that we are stuck when they respond?

I think the point of the poster on this was that he didn't want to feel like he had to abuse a mechanic or deceive an GM in order to get his petition handled.
    Usually I find them classified as "bug", which is the most appropriate.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Found another really annoying thing.

- The waypoint feature in the PF map does place a marker on the compass as it should. It also places a mission marker on the planet map. However, this marker is placed at the location of the player, not the location of the target. It seems to vanish on zoning as well.

Another note: Is it so that any player is supposed to be able to enter the org HQ when teamed with a player from said org? That doesn't seem to work that way either.
    Last edited by eroz_c; Apr 21st, 2010 at 14:40:29.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

If you want to enter the HQ of another org the teamleader has to be in this org and has to be in the HQ.
    Angler - Level 220/30 Adventurer - RK 3-> RK 1 -> RK - PVP Equip - DMG Equip

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast