Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Annoying small things everyone knows about yet have not been fixed

Omni-tek Mission Agency Entrance / Exit

-: Omni-tek Mission Agency - Rome Blue, outside & inside (broke)
    You have to find the SWEET spot at both zones to get in or get out, and even sometimes when you do "zone" you get the zone error to back up and try zoning again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    [Neutnet]: You're banned for abusing me jerk. BTW, I'm burning down your house and pissing on your Cheerios as we speak. I hope you get pink eye and toenail fungus. I don't want your feedback cause I'm not going to read it anyways. I don't care what you think. You're scum.
    <3Your Friendly Neighborhood Scripter!<3
    More Information Below!
    Admin of R.S.S || Post on the AO Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Corneilla View Post
    -: Omni-tek Mission Agency - Rome Blue, outside & inside (broke)
    You have to find the SWEET spot at both zones to get in or get out, and even sometimes when you do "zone" you get the zone error to back up and try zoning again...
    And sometimes when you try to zone there you fall trough the door into some kind of water, only from the inside though.

Dunno if its already there but: Zone from Omni-Trade to Ferry is broken. You always zone behind the bridge, which make u stuck. You can come back Omni-Trade, since the "zone area" is behind you; but ever if you try go back and foward, no matter where, you end up behind the bridge.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

If you have a keeper, exactly how are you supposed to upgrade the starter weapon? It uses salamander grip tape. You can carry the salamander skin off noob isle on any character, but can't do anything with it. Trying to use the skin on the keeper sword in tradeskill window doesn't work, and if you have the character that took it off noob isle make it into grip tape it becomes NODROP, and can't trade it to the keeper. You also can't trade an Antonio's adaptation factory to the keeper so they can make the tape themselves because the factory is also NODROP. Seems an unfair kick in the teeth of the keeper since everyone else can upgrade their startup weapons. Now if you could use a different item (maybe some novictum spangled hide and spider venom...) to upgrade it since there aren't even any salamanders in shadowlands it might work.

Quote Originally Posted by Muaddib67 View Post
    If you have a keeper, exactly how are you supposed to upgrade the starter weapon? It uses salamander grip tape. You can carry the salamander skin off noob isle on any character, but can't do anything with it. Trying to use the skin on the keeper sword in tradeskill window doesn't work, and if you have the character that took it off noob isle make it into grip tape it becomes NODROP, and can't trade it to the keeper. You also can't trade an Antonio's adaptation factory to the keeper so they can make the tape themselves because the factory is also NODROP. Seems an unfair kick in the teeth of the keeper since everyone else can upgrade their startup weapons. Now if you could use a different item (maybe some novictum spangled hide and spider venom...) to upgrade it since there aren't even any salamanders in shadowlands it might work.
    Start the keeper on noob island. Once you reach the mainland you can go to Jobe Training to do those quests.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Start the keeper on noob island. Once you reach the mainland you can go to Jobe Training to do those quests.
    I'm sure you never rolled a keeper They cant go noob isle.

And, answering: The keeper's swords tha drops from redem/umredem jobe training boss is far better than upgraded startup weap.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Deleted that fail keeper sword and go MA for the first few levels or till you find a real sword. >_>
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    I'm sure you never rolled a keeper They cant go noob isle.
    I do not play my keeper very often (until recently), but: http://auno.org/ao/char.php?dimensio...e=Tazkeepusafe

EDIT: Since my RK1 accounts are full, I just rolled one on RK2. Apparently the option for a keeper or shade to go to noob island is no longer available. I could have sworn the RK1 keeper went there, or at least had the upgraded noob island sword before getting something better. Oh well.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Jan 19th, 2011 at 07:08:20.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™

They are SL only starting toon, if you read the profession info when you start a toon it states information like that on it such as this in the last line of it:

"As genetically engineered profession dependent on an abundance of notum, the keeper Must Begin life in the Jobe Research Facility in the Shadowlands"
    i know this is extremely off topic and i mean no disrespect, but both your post and your signature make my eyes bleed profusely. is there any way you can use less... erm... vibrant colours?

The Keeper is still stuck with an non-upgradable weapon (only profession like this as far as I know) until you are high enough level to kill the (whichever sided mobs you want to kill) mobs who drop a better weapon. Admittedly, this doesn't take very long, it just seems a bit unfair to single out one profession from the entire game. Because you can still get into the Jobe training area until level 50, it's not that hard to have another character come in and kill until you find a better weapon, it's just one of those "Annoying small things everyone knows about, yet have not been fixed"™

Oh, and if you're going to penalize someone for being dependent on an abundance of notum, make all nanomage characters start in shadowlands.

Just my 2¢.

Keepers can not start on newbie island the character creation screen...
    Image attached to show, just in case of confussion that people seem to be having with Keepers...
    http://img522.imageshack.us/i/keeperconfuz.jpg/

...Would pretty nice but Keepers and Shades are S.O.L for newbie island...
    Already corrected by myself & many, many others... including you.

Welcome to the forums.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Apparently the option for a keeper or shade to go to noob island is no longer available. I could have sworn the RK1 keeper went there, or at least had the upgraded noob island sword before getting something better. Oh well.
    Never was available, because you can't roll a froob keeper/shade.

Welcome to the forums.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaloot View Post
    Never was available, because you can't roll a froob keeper/shade.

Welcome to the forums.
    You're so witty.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

I don't see this on the list so I'll add it. When flying in ICC, if you get too close to the ground you slow to walking speed. I don't get this in any other zone that I know of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

:: Name-request Feature / Bot :: (broken)

• To [Name-Request]: nick <random name>
    • [Name-Request]: Your name request has not been entered into the queue as you are above level 20. We are sorry but once a character is above level 20 we cannot change nicknames unless they violate our naming policy.

Feature has been broken since as far as I can remember, to get this option to even work you must petition and due to it not really being an important matter you must wait due to a feature being broken. I think if you put this in the game to keep the CS dpt from getting spam petitions about character levels 20 and under to change their name it should work correctly, and almost all of the character I have TRIED to use this on, come up with the same responce as the above even if it's a NEWER toon and not a re-rolled one.

(I say that because I have had a GM once upon a time ask if I have ever re-roll the current toon in the que, ofc it was a no.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    [Neutnet]: You're banned for abusing me jerk. BTW, I'm burning down your house and pissing on your Cheerios as we speak. I hope you get pink eye and toenail fungus. I don't want your feedback cause I'm not going to read it anyways. I don't care what you think. You're scum.
    <3Your Friendly Neighborhood Scripter!<3
    More Information Below!
    Admin of R.S.S || Post on the AO Forum

"You need to be level 2 or have at least 1000 credits to exit to the outside."

Really annoying when you need to move your bank toon into a backyard... and then /terminate out of it...
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post

Really annoying when you need to move your bank toon into a backyard... and then /terminate out of it...
    Because it is Funcom's fault that you could not take two seconds to click on Brandon Thorn for the insta-ding to level 2 before leaving noob island?

Kill a few mobs in the backyard. Issue resolved.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

You're missing the point. I want that toon to remain level 1 (and bankrupt for that matter). This ancient restriction has no merit whatsoever, for years already, as no new toon ever starts in a backyard.

p.s. That toon was created before chatting w/ Brandon dinged you.
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post

It would be annoying, but why on earth would you need to move your bank toon into a BY?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast