Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Annoying small things everyone knows about yet have not been fixed

as of 18.4 AO no longer works in Linux/WINE due to "Awesomeioum" (not so awesome) without any possibility of having the issue fixed because WINE is NOT a windows emulator, it's a program loader that links win api calls to native linux calls

awsomeioum is also detected as a virus and deleted by most virus scanners making AO unplayable even on windows.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    as of 18.4 AO no longer works in Linux/WINE due to "Awesomeioum" (not so awesome) without any possibility of having the issue fixed because WINE is NOT a windows emulator, it's a program loader that links win api calls to native linux calls

awsomeioum is also detected as a virus and deleted by most virus scanners making AO unplayable even on windows.
    AO isn't and never was supported on Linux. It may have worked until now, but it isn't anymore. I'm not saying it's a good thing, but it's not a bug of some sort that calls for a fix.

And the second statement is only true if Norton = most virus scanners. I've seen 3-4 antivirus suites reported so far that did not give a false positive for this file, while Norton did. Go figure.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post

Definitely annoying, definitely not fixed.

Still, this is "major" and not "small", which is what this thread is for.

It's not like a bug tracker for new stuff, rather it is aimed for all the stuff that has been there for ages but nobody has cared about enough to fix, and everyone suffers or sidesteps the problem.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Items with wrong names / descriptions (broken, 2010-??-??)
    • Instruction Disc (A DCSD containing 1 BBI Minami-90 Sticky Love Rain): Actually makes Call of the Maelstrom, hence the name should be Instruction Disc (Call of the Maelstrom). The description is wrong too. Applies to associated Photon Particle Emitter and Compiled Algorithm as well.
    This actually got a partial fix. Too bad they only changed the Instruction Disk, not the PPPE and Compiled Algorithm, and Maelstrom was misspelled too.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Soft zoning/warp during nano recharge breaks nano program window (broken, 2010-??-??)
    If you're in nano recharge when an in-zone warping occurs (eg. teleported out of BS decon room, boss warp), the state display of nanos in the nanoprogram window gets reversed (grayed-out when available, non-grayed during recharge). Closing and reopening the nanoprograms window fixes this.
    Was this fixed with the other NCU window fix? I never noticed this myself so I am not the best tester.
    Ranged roxxorz!

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    Not in this patch, but GMS seems to work properly (needs only 1 use) both when opened by right clicking and hitting the "use" key.
    It's currently listed only as partially fixed.
    No it doesn't. At least not the first time you use GMS after logging in. After all it should open with the first right click, not right click + use key. Even left click to target then right click to use doesn't work.
    Ranged roxxorz!

Scheol garden/sanctuary names may have been fixed. See this thread, post 4 (however, the PF map got broken in exchange, so it seems).

I did a quick check on testlive, gardens of both sides are indeed ok there (too), no access to sanctuaries on my testlive char.
    Last edited by Honorbound; Nov 22nd, 2010 at 15:33:14.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."

Hotkey to hide Rollup Panel ineffective (broken, 2010-??-??)
    It used to be possible to hide the Rollup Panel with the backslash key, but it got broken in a patch and never fixed.
    This is still not in game? New input system and all, but rollup panel hiding cannot be bound to any key?
    Ranged roxxorz!

Slight lag when you bring up your skill window. I remember the old one never lagged, would like to see this one not lag too.

Door lag still around. I remember when they fixed it and it was awesome, then it came back now it is not awesome.

Krie: I am honored, Forrester.
    Forrester Enel Aban: So am I.
    Although I was only recently graced by Enel and bestowed with the honor of guiding some of my brethrens, I know for certain that Enel does not show Her will very often.
    Brethrens?

Yesterday I've retested a few items on the list.

1. Zoning Issues
    - Zoning immediately after logging in: still broken, although the time it takes to start working is more like 20-25 seconds minimum

2. Zone and Geometry Issues
    - Wailing Wastes outpost stone stairs: still broken

3. Map Issues
    - Playfield map may be empty on login: yesterday tested 20+ times in a zone where I've seen this several times previously, PFmap loaded properly at each login... Then today after the downtime it came up blank again on first login. So still broken.
    - Black rectangles may appear on the planetmap: now only occasional temporary narrow blank stripes appear on the left and/or top edge of the map window during panning, it's nowhere near as bad as used to be, I'd say fixed
    - Planet map centering: map still recenters on player instead of viewed area on zoom level change, didn't test the rest but probably no change either, so still broken

4. GMS Issues
    - Froobs / Sloobs can activate but won't get results: no complit lock on froobs anymore, but still no results or a message about requiring AI, dunno, partially fixed?
    - Column sorting / order settings reset: still broken
    - Hiding columns doesn't work properly: columns turned off now remove all data properly from the window, but when turning one back on, a rectangle-shaped blank space appears in the window which is removed only upon scrolling the result list, partially fixed?

6. Messed Up Mechanics
    - Hotbared nanos locking up after casting: couldn't reproduce this by casting trader drains for a while (I've never ever seen this issue previously either, to be honest), I'd say fixed
    - Nanos in the programs window may remain greyed out: still broken
    - Flying vehicles auto-level: still broken, an easy way to reproduce it is to equip/unequip any item on your char while auto-flying in an up/downwards angle; you snap back to level flight every single time. The Social tab is an exception, most items don't cause this when equipped/unequipped on social, but some do even there (Neleb Robe, for one).
    - Unable to rotate character using mouse in some situations: still broken, can't rotate with RMB when sitting

8. Camera Issues
    - Player+camera rotation sensitivity is strange: vertical/horizontal speed seems uniform to me in 3rd view (actually, I've never noticed any problems with it), fixed
    - Can't turn camera by mouse when strafing: still broken

9. GUI and Chat Issues
    - GUI buttons mask tooltips when not visible: still broken
    - Relogging messes up Programs Window: tested several ways and times, couldn't reproduce, I'd say fixed
    - Hotkey to hide Rollup Panel ineffective: there isn't even an internal action name for this (anymore) unlike for the rest of the bindable actions, still broken
    - Target NCU windows close button ineffective: still broken
    - Mouse interaction oddity: tested in various ways with several windows, couldn't reproduce, I'd say fixed

You could update the state, description and time last checked on these. There seems to be some progress, but it's rather slow...
    Last edited by Honorbound; Nov 25th, 2010 at 16:10:46. Reason: PFmap still broken afterall

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but de-activating Calia's Form Parrot (other) from your NCU does this:
    Deactivating friendly timed nanoprogram.
    You were attacked with nanobots for 250 points of unknown damage.

Not a big deal on most toons, but I begged Parrot on my lvl 15 fixer and it half-killed her when I took it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwifruits View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but de-activating Calia's Form Parrot (other) from your NCU does this:
    Deactivating friendly timed nanoprogram.
    You were attacked with nanobots for 250 points of unknown damage.

Not a big deal on most toons, but I begged Parrot on my lvl 15 fixer and it half-killed her when I took it off.
    Many morphs do this for some reason. Parrot actually gives negative HP (IIRC) so it may be somehow related...

Thanks to Honorbound, again, for testing some of this stuff, I will get to updating this once I have a quiet moment to concentrate.
    Ranged roxxorz!

I think noone said before but...
    In Beast Lair, if you send pets to attack from distance they do nothing. You need to put pets on follow, hug The Beast big belly and finally send pets. Pretty annoying.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

3. Odd Mission Marker

I just rolled an RK mission on my lvl 96 toon with this description:

Mission Assignment MXIL: One...
    Description:
    Mission Assignment MXIL: One Nano Crystal (Creation: Coplan's Hand Taipan) has been stolen from our labs in Broken Shores. The thieves have not been able to move it far, and we have tracked its progress to the 92.0, 3732.4 in The Dead Maze. Please go there and get it back here before 48 hours.

Realtime left: 1 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes.
    Reward:
    Cash: 37753 credits
    Experience: (Up to) 35597 XP.
    Item reward:

The location of this mission is to the west of The Dead Maze, outside the PF border. Maybe only the map shows the wrong position but I definitely don't go there now to check that out.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by alfora View Post
    I just rolled an RK mission on my lvl 96 toon with this description:

Mission Assignment MXIL: One...
    Description:
    Mission Assignment MXIL: One Nano Crystal (Creation: Coplan's Hand Taipan) has been stolen from our labs in Broken Shores. The thieves have not been able to move it far, and we have tracked its progress to the 92.0, 3732.4 in The Dead Maze. Please go there and get it back here before 48 hours.

Realtime left: 1 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes.
    Reward:
    Cash: 37753 credits
    Experience: (Up to) 35597 XP.
    Item reward:

The location of this mission is to the west of The Dead Maze, outside the PF border. Maybe only the map shows the wrong position but I definitely don't go there now to check that out.
    I believe some places of the death maze are indeed outside the zone border on the map, but mission entrance should be reachable. Not 100% sure, and the place is indeed quite a maze. I mean: I know I've gone there for a mission and I think I managed to enter. But the only thing I remember about it is me exploring the death maze and whether or not I could enter I half forgot. That reminds me though: there is a bunch of doors in the death maze that give a weird error when you try to enter . They made me want to know what special places are supposed to lie ahead :P.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

- Having your flying vehicle return to level flight when you use the strafe maneuver imo is a good thing however it is a bit of a nuisance when something in your NCU refreshes or while rezzing.

- I agree that Camera issues need to be resolved. My main peeve is the need to zoom in or out to the desired place each time I log onto my characters (3rd lock).

- Adding the ability to tradeskill items without removing it/them from backpacks would be great. Especially for my Engi when she juices monster parts or when asked to TS items in a bag that another player gave to me.

EDIT: I am currently logged on my Engi and while flying on my Yalm it did NOT return to level flight when the nano Sympathetic Fortress Screen refreshed. Maybe something else other than a nano refreshing was the cause?

2nd EDIT: I is my opinion that the map zoom feature is designed to zoom in/out on YOU. If you want to zoom in on a specific area you can double L click there and to zoom out you can double R click.
    Last edited by Therrito; Dec 6th, 2010 at 16:32:19.

Toggling walk (backspace) while in a yalm causes you to walk like you aren't in a yalm and lose the ability to fly.

Zoning is the only way to get control of your yalm again.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Skill menu lag & City zone door lag

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Slight lag when you bring up your skill window. I remember the old one never lagged, would like to see this one not lag too.

Door lag still around. I remember when they fixed it and it was awesome, then it came back now it is not awesome.
    -: As of today I was in game and yes this most definitely still is an issue. I started when AO had the rounded skill menu screen:
    http://aovault.ign.com/images/guides/skillsmenu.jpg
    (added image for players that don't know what i mean, this is from a custom GUI but the menu was laid out just like this) and there was no lag with it. After the menu was put into the current window it has lagged ever since as far as I can remember, and I have been playing on and off for about 7 or 8 years now..

-: Door lag, yeah I remember when it was fixed after I believe the DAY that "never happened" then out of no where it came back and it is still there
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    [Neutnet]: You're banned for abusing me jerk. BTW, I'm burning down your house and pissing on your Cheerios as we speak. I hope you get pink eye and toenail fungus. I don't want your feedback cause I'm not going to read it anyways. I don't care what you think. You're scum.
    <3Your Friendly Neighborhood Scripter!<3
    More Information Below!
    Admin of R.S.S || Post on the AO Forum

Today spawns in collector started spawning over again, caused ofcourse a wipe as we already lost a couple teammates.
    This happened after we killed/kicked off all 3 waves and collector was around 90% health after beeing healed by the spawns.
    First wave was easy to clear with only 3 people, but second wave for the second time was too hard for us.

And I may add, you cannot "use" an item that is locked in your equip, for example a improved hhab or other items with a use function

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast