Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Annoying small things everyone knows about yet have not been fixed

Lots of new stuff, I'll need to see if I can fit all in the top 2 posts. I thought of this post again today, I encountered a Rhinoman Guru that made solitus female sounds when it was taking damage. Maybe it had just eaten one?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post
    • Grafts don't check against nano resist. Why should a nano cast by some noob with a graft be more powerful than a nano cast by an expert?
    This is the sort of thing that's debatable whether it's due to the grafted nanobots being so uber nobody can't do anything to avoid them or whether it's just broken - either way that noob will cast that powerful nano only every 12+ minutes while the guru can spam it 'til the cows come home.

Xyphos: It's your ISP but in all seriousness I've never had that at least.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    New annoyance, from recent patch:

Getting disconnected too often
    It's no the latest patch I know that, I've had similar disconnects in the past. It doesn't happen very often but there will be times when, after an afk, I can talk etc it all appears to work but if I move it crashes. I can tell I'm in this state of "chat only limbo" by my buffs in my NCU never expiring/removing themselves even through they say 0.

After crashing I'll even still have some of my buffs back, which means the "crash" occurred earlier before they expired and they just kept running local timer or something.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

When playing in window mode, when window takes the whole screen (ao@ desktop resolution) and you accidentally de-center it, taskbar shows up covering part of ao screen. The only way to make it go away is to center it manually (or using 3rd party prog). Make a button to center ao window on screen pls.
    -outdated-
    Belven 220/19 fix < kinda retired
    Ishtardiya 220/24 crat < main dd setup
    Maryska 215/9 sold < boooooooring
    Yarpen 213/8 eng < ts hoe
    Trammy 165/3 nt < kiter
    Mangolia 167/6 nano enf
    Katchem 72/0 neut shade < phun, one day, i guess
    Zuoo 99/x neut doc

no longer playing

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    When playing in window mode, when window takes the whole screen (ao@ desktop resolution) and you accidentally de-center it, taskbar shows up covering part of ao screen. The only way to make it go away is to center it manually (or using 3rd party prog). Make a button to center ao window on screen pls.
    Here's a trick that has worked on XP and Vista for me:

1. Minimize AO
    2. Right click taskbar - unlock taskbar
    3. Resize the taskbar a bit
    4. Open AO - it should be centered and "in front" of the taskbar now
    5. Set the taskbar back to original size - relock
    6. Profit!

Oh I've got another one...

False Profession + SL Playfield Access nanos = Annoying
    False Profession + Soldier in team + Suppressive Horde = EXCRUCIATING

Seriously, why does NanoInit affect these things? I can leave the SL PF access nanos, but why do I have to wait 6-7 seconds just to fire a shot if I want the SH damage bonus? WHY!?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

When you place a waypoint it shows up where you are on the minimap instead of where you want to go
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    When you place a waypoint it shows up where you are on the minimap instead of where you want to go
    Currently on test server it seems to be fixed so unless they break it again you can expect it to be fixed on live soon(tm)
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Heyas,

dunno if it has been said before:

There is a huge rock between inferno cave and the entrance to trial (the one you normally move around). Its just a ghost! You can walk through with out any problems.

regards
    /Z
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Oh I've got another one...

False Profession + SL Playfield Access nanos = Annoying
    False Profession + Soldier in team + Suppressive Horde = EXCRUCIATING

Seriously, why does NanoInit affect these things? I can leave the SL PF access nanos, but why do I have to wait 6-7 seconds just to fire a shot if I want the SH damage bonus? WHY!?
    Details plz!
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Details plz!
    Agents carry a -2000 Init Debuff with their FP line of nanos.
    The problem with Suppressive Horde is that it makes the player execute a nanoprogram that buffs their damage relative to the soldier's level.

Since Suppressive Horde is a "nano" that each player himself casts (and isn't necessarily a buff the soldier casts on his team), a sufficient amount of negative NanoInit - IE under False Profession - will put a 6-7 second nano-execution bar, which prevents the Agent from firing a shot. Moving a short distance or strafing will cancel this execution, but it also means that you do not receive the damage bonus unless you stay perfectly still.

Same thing with the SL Playfield access nanos given to you by those Technician dudes. They dont' cast the nano, your character does, and again, any sufficient negative Init will affect this majorly. If you move before the "nano" completes, you do not get access to the portal and your credits do not get refunded.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Wrangle self-drain component has no nanoline, and therefore stack with themselves.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post
    Mezz's don't always break on attack. Especially happens a lot in inferno missions, where a crat mezzes a mob, then the team switches to that mob but even when taking damage, the mezz doesn't go away, so the mob gets out-of-combat heal delta. Really, really annoying.
    This also goes for any nano that is supposed to break on hit. Can be good (engi blinds) and bad (calms), happens when the mob is taking too many hits during a short period. Reducing the amount of hits (tell dual wielding profs to stop attacking and call back pets) fixes it.
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

Didn't read the whole thread, but one thing that constantly annoys me:

Schoel.

Beautiful place with so much potential, ruined by so many places to get stuck in.
    Photocopy - The Crat
    Wristdeep - The Enf

Here's another important one... having the main website updated at least monthly... preferrably every time Means posts a FWM &/or a patch is released, PLUS at least a month before any big events.

The first place a potential player is going to go is the main website. If the newest "news" is from 17 December 2009 & it is now February 2010, they're going to move on to a game that is "regularly updated".

Since I mentioned the website, testlive information that is updated & accurate would be a good idea too. The link to bugsy that is posted in the testlive client was replaced months ago... something about a server crash & instead of fixing it, they just created a new one here? Even the old Testserver FAQ thread is dead. After a lot of asking & hunting, I found testlive (dot) info (direct link not provided intentionally), but am unsure it is legit because a whois search states that the domain has an individual as its owner, so Funcom does not seem to have anything to do with it.

It feels wrong when Means keeps talking about needing our help with testing, yet the proper methods to notify the Devs about testlive problems (bugsy & the testlive forums) are not easily accessible or down.
    Last edited by tazalanche; Feb 11th, 2010 at 05:37:40.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Agents which are are very small (female small opi with medium bottom under Ruse 4) cant go a straight line when sneaking and using mouse to steer. The char does small right/left movements all the time. Especially annoying in first person.
    For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    I found testlive (dot) info (direct link not provided intentionally), but am unsure it is legit because a whois search states that the domain has an individual as its owner, so Funcom does not seem to have anything to do with it.
    Not sure what you mean by "legit", but that's the testlive community page. Yes, it's not registered to FC, but that's probably good (seeing how excellent job they do on their page). And seems like some genius also misplaced public testlive info on AO forums (testlive FAQ you linked to is in test server sub forum that is not available for everyone I believe).
    Last edited by Suicidal; Feb 12th, 2010 at 01:54:51.
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Dont know if this has been mentioned but there are to many posts to read through.

When performing an Org city alien raid. If a ranged character pulls the wave of aliens all the aliens will be out of sync for a while making for a fun time for all melee characters.

When doing an inf mission, someones sneaks on next floor before you zone there. They will remain in sneak for you until next zoning up/down leaving leaving you unable to target them for single heals (read shades here) and only reaching them with team heals. Havent done any inf mishes for a while so this one might be fixed.
    Sleincour 220/30/70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Patientis 220/28 Solitus Doctor
    Ingha 220/30 Solitus Bureaucrat
    Zizzla 150/20 Opifex Martial Artist
    Grobian 142/12 Atrox Enforcer
    Svengoran 127/15 Atrox Soldier
    Illxlll 102/10 Nanomage Nanotechnician
    Psicharpax 100/6 Nanomage Metaphysicist
    Sleina 100/7 Opifex Fixer

Veteran of the Scandinavian RK1 clan guild ..:Nordic Alliance:..

That's a problem with any mission and it has nothing to do with sneaking. Sometimes people go out of sync when changing floors. It can be fixed by whoever can't see them going up and down, or the one they can't see going up and down.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    That's a problem with any mission and it has nothing to do with sneaking. Sometimes people go out of sync when changing floors. It can be fixed by whoever can't see them going up and down, or the one they can't see going up and down.
    I have only seen it happen to shades and enfs who sneaked. Guess it could happen in other cases to then.
    Sleincour 220/30/70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Patientis 220/28 Solitus Doctor
    Ingha 220/30 Solitus Bureaucrat
    Zizzla 150/20 Opifex Martial Artist
    Grobian 142/12 Atrox Enforcer
    Svengoran 127/15 Atrox Soldier
    Illxlll 102/10 Nanomage Nanotechnician
    Psicharpax 100/6 Nanomage Metaphysicist
    Sleina 100/7 Opifex Fixer

Veteran of the Scandinavian RK1 clan guild ..:Nordic Alliance:..

Quote Originally Posted by Sleincour View Post
    I have only seen it happen to shades and enfs who sneaked. Guess it could happen in other cases to then.
    Happens to me sometimes, and people see my pets and not me. Story of my life...*sigh*
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast