Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Annoying small things everyone knows about yet have not been fixed

Psst, you can all start reporting these little annoyances in....

The NEW Report a Bug forum!

The Secret World Gameplay Designer "Nerf" Nirvelle

"I used to be a GM, then I took an Ur-Draug in the knee"

Former GM Nirvelle
    Former ARK Bug Hunter Director
    Funcom
    Anarchy Online | The Secret World | Age of Conan | Bloodline Champions | Pets vs Monsters

Funcom employee

Thank you very much everyone involved to make this happen!
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

I guess this thread should soon be retired. Though the original purpose of listing "since 2006" bugs and such has been somewhat corrupted by influx of new bugs working their way here. I will have to consider the situation. Though the "Report a bug"-forum doesn't show bugs of others, so it has its drawbacks too.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

One of the drawbacks of the new report-a-bug forum is the inability to see what other bugs have been submitted. I've been tempted to add a bug either here or there about all the invisible geometry above Tir (the city of ...) that prevents a player from being able to fly from the whompa directly to the grid without getting stuck (sometimes irrevocably so) because I'm not sure if someone's already reported it in the new forum or if this thread has died.

Regarding the invisible Tir geometry, I wouldn't mind if there was invisible geometry around the arena since it's a zone within a zone, but the maze of invisible geometry directly south of the grid terminal is really annoying.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    One of the drawbacks of the new report-a-bug forum is the inability to see what other bugs have been submitted. I've been tempted to add a bug either here or there ... because I'm not sure if someone's already reported it in the new forum or if this thread has died.
    As Kintaii said (see http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...30#post6039930) :
    Don't worry about what already is reported, just report it.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

One of the drawbacks of the new report-a-bug forum is the inability to see what other bugs have been submitted. I've been tempted to add a bug either here or there about all the invisible geometry above Tir (the city of ...) that prevents a player from being able to fly from the whompa directly to the grid without getting stuck (sometimes irrevocably so) because I'm not sure if someone's already reported it in the new forum or if this thread has died.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    As Kintaii said (see http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...30#post6039930) :
    Don't worry about what already is reported, just report it.

The plan is: You throw whatever bugs you encounter into that forum, and let me/my dept sort them out. Should be a lot simpler and easier than the previous systems.

On the note of whether something has already been reported or not - As we process your reports, we try to take some time and give you back some info on what we know about it, if we know of a workaround, etc. We can't do this for all reports, due to the sheer number of incoming reports and limited manpower, but we do make an effort!
    Last edited by Nirvelle; Feb 2nd, 2012 at 13:54:19.

Former GM Nirvelle
    Funcom
    Anarchy Online | The Secret World | Age of Conan | Bloodline Champions | Pets vs Monsters

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvelle View Post
    The plan is: You throw whatever bugs you encounter into that forum, and let me/my dept sort them out. Should be a lot simpler and easier than the previous systems.
    Yeah, its simpler for us but seems like a lot of work for you -- sorting out duplicate bugs... whereas your dept should be using your time verifying and working out bug fixes rather than sorting through whether a bug is duplicated.

The act of searching to see if a bug has already been reported before submitting is the least we can do to help reduce the work load, but anyway, sure. Thanks!

I think there should be a sticky in the Bug forum with a list of already reported bugs. This should prevent (hopefully) most players from sending a report on a bug which has already been reported and lower the unneeded extra workload for Nirvelle and her Department.

The downside is that the Community gets to see how buggy AO is still, but we're pretty aware of that already anyways. The upside is that the Devs & FC WILL KNOW the bugs by accepting our help with reports and keeping a public list does make the Community feel they're improving the game with the Devs.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Yeah, its simpler for us but seems like a lot of work for you -- sorting out duplicate bugs... whereas your dept should be using your time verifying and working out bug fixes rather than sorting through whether a bug is duplicated.

The act of searching to see if a bug has already been reported before submitting is the least we can do to help reduce the work load, but anyway, sure. Thanks!
    Actually, we don't spend much time searching at all. With one exception, we've all been doing this (bug hunting) for at least 2 years, meaning are very familiar with numerous bugs.

As for working out the fixes themselves... That's the Dev's job. BH analyze the bug reports, determine the root cause, and establish a reliable test case for the devs to base their fix off.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    I think there should be a sticky in the Bug forum with a list of already reported bugs. This should prevent (hopefully) most players from sending a report on a bug which has already been reported and lower the unneeded extra workload for Nirvelle and her Department.

The downside is that the Community gets to see how buggy AO is still, but we're pretty aware of that already anyways. The upside is that the Devs & FC WILL KNOW the bugs by accepting our help with reports and keeping a public list does make the Community feel they're improving the game with the Devs.
    *cough* I'm actually a he. As for a known issues list, right now it's buried in the Report a Bug Announcement (scroll down). Because the Report a Bug forum is "blind", we can't put it in a Sticky, no-one would be able to read it. We're working out another, more accessible place to keep it without stepping on too many toes at once.

Please note that the list we have up there now is not comprehensive, but covers the issues that affect the most players. Were we to put every identified and verified bug there, it would easily be 5,000 lines long...

On that note, I'd like to quickly point out that the devs have been amazing at fixing many of the long-standing bugs. Every patch, we close out at least 3 known bugs.

Former GM Nirvelle
    Funcom

Section 6: Inspected equipment looks OE even though it isn't

^^^ That one was repaired like year ago.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    Section 6: Inspected equipment looks OE even though it isn't

^^^ That one was repaired like year ago.
    It wasn't fixed about a month ago iirc. You need to be wearing something OE, and when you inspect someone, the item in that same slot is shown as OE.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

It was listed as fixed in the 18.4.4 patch notes (June 2011).
    No idea if it actually was, or is bugged again, as I hardly ever use inspect...
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

I'll check when I login later with a toon carrying some OE gear.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    It wasn't fixed about a month ago iirc. You need to be wearing something OE, and when you inspect someone, the item in that same slot is shown as OE.
    I say, if its still broken or rebroken, then leave it so I can continue to live in denial and feel better about myself:

...inspect a random level 215 PvM toon of the same profession in Old Athen, see OE QL 300 CSS in body slot. Feel better about the OE QL 145 Miy's Nano Armor in my body slot.
    [PvM215Toon]: So, what do you think?
    To [PvM215Toon]: Don't feel too badly. It happens to the best of us...
    /me pats PvM215Toon on shoulder and nods sympathetically
    PvM215Toon wonders what the heck I'm going on about
    I go away feeling reaffirmed that AO is hard for everybody and I'm doing everything right.

Ok, confirmed it is fixed now

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Ok, confirmed it is fixed now
    That's one more green now, then.

Do clan backyard and Galway zoning issues still exist? It came to me in a dream that the issues with those could be linked to high run speed and small zoning "areas" that confuse the client/server sync and prevent zoning as some sort of exploit prevention.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

havent got any troubles last few times when zoning off BY to Clinic area (which was the cause).

Also, I think its important: zoning to PlayerShops and HQ is HIGHLY dependant on your FPS value O.o.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Do clan backyard and Galway zoning issues still exist? It came to me in a dream that the issues with those could be linked to high run speed and small zoning "areas" that confuse the client/server sync and prevent zoning as some sort of exploit prevention.
    Clan backyards are "better" now, but yes, high run speed toons should walk across to zone. If you go zooming into the boundary, you can still get the error message and get warped to some corner of the BY. I doubt it's for the sake of exploit prevention, as neither Neutral or Omni BY's suffer the same problem. I think it has to do with where the "zone boundary" is relative to the "edge" of the playfield.

Similarly, City HQ doors can be a problem if you run all the way into them. If you stop just short where the doors open and wait there a second, you will zone into the HQ. I've started doing this and it's worked 100% of the time. The same problem can be seen in the Luxury Goods Shop's door in Newland City and the Advanced/Superior Shop in Hope (and many others). If you run right into the blackness beyond the door (like you would any other zone boundary) you will be warped back a few meters. If you stop short when the door opens and wait, you will zone inside.

I'm not sure which Galway zone you're referring to. The situation where "sometimes" you can't zone out of Galway Shire? I need to check if the Omni-Trade to the ferry landing in Lush Fields zone boundary. I haven't checked that in ages.

Clan backyards are "better" now, but yes, high run speed toons should walk across to zone. If you go zooming into the boundary, you can still get the error message and get warped to some corner of the BY. I doubt it's for the sake of exploit prevention, as neither Neutral or Omni BY's suffer the same problem. I think it has to do with where the "zone boundary" is relative to the "edge" of the playfield.

Similarly, City HQ doors can be a problem if you run all the way into them. If you stop just short where the doors open and wait there a second, you will zone into the HQ. I've started doing this and it's worked 100% of the time. The same problem can be seen in the Luxury Goods Shop's door in Newland City and the Advanced/Superior Shop in Hope (and many others). If you run right into the blackness beyond the door (like you would any other zone boundary) you will be warped back a few meters. If you stop short when the door opens and wait, you will zone inside.

I'm not sure which Galway zone you're referring to. The situation where "sometimes" you can't zone out of Galway Shire? I need to check if the Omni-Trade to the ferry landing in Lush Fields zone boundary. I haven't checked that in ages.
    City HQ is different since it doesn't start zoning you if you run too far. You don't get the playshifting failed announcement.

Omni and neut backyards are different maps, so probably have different zones too. If the zone border is borked then the server could think you are trying to initiate zoning even though you're not close enough to the border to do so. Because this only happens with a few select borders and enough speed, I still think that this kind of mechanic could be in place and the zone borders are too "thin" in these problematic spots.

As I recall, the border when heading east from Galway Shire from the mechdog encampment was a problematic one. I encountered this lots of times way back when yalming to civilization after collecting bits for shoulderpad quest.
    Ranged roxxorz!

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvelle View Post
    *cough* I'm actually a he. As for a known issues list, right now it's buried in the Report a Bug Announcement (scroll down). Because the Report a Bug forum is "blind", we can't put it in a Sticky, no-one would be able to read it. We're working out another, more accessible place to keep it without stepping on too many toes at once.

Please note that the list we have up there now is not comprehensive, but covers the issues that affect the most players. Were we to put every identified and verified bug there, it would easily be 5,000 lines long...

On that note, I'd like to quickly point out that the devs have been amazing at fixing many of the long-standing bugs. Every patch, we close out at least 3 known bugs.
    Well I hope you don't mean there are currently thousands of bugs in AO, I'd like to assume that the whole report of 5,000+ lines would include bugs already fixed. This could be clarified by making 2 stickies: "Bug List we're working on" "List of Bugs squashed".

This could be a great balance in the public eye, it would show how much progress it's been done, and that you're aware of what currently needs fixing. With updates on both stickies (moving fixed bugs to the "squashed" list) it can easily help the AO Community notice the great work and those involved.

And sorry, but the nick sounded female, thanks, dude =D
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast