Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Annoying small things everyone knows about yet have not been fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    Another really minor one, and I know that this is somewhat random and doesn't affect everyone: but it is often raining *inside* the Omni daily mission agency for me.
    I suspect that this is a visual bug that occurs all over AO.

Better example is zoning from Wailing Wastes into any part of ShadowLands during a sandstorm. Voila, sand storm in Penumbra ftw.
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

I know this has probably been mentioned several times, but the staircases in SL missions that block you from moving past the top step unless you jump makes so many problems prevalent

Fix this, please - pets get stuck on it, which makes missions extremely annoyinh.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Reformatted and updated. Thanks to Honorbound for mega help in doing the reformatting!
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

It kinda annoyes me that, for example, combined scout armor is missing nano init, it has all other inits BESIDES that one, why?

Also, some special combined helmets are missing certain add damage modifiers, like Yakomo's Combined Scout's Headwear.
    No projectile damage, why?

Stuff like that is odd to me.
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Jun 29th, 2010 at 22:03:57.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    It kinda annoyes me that, for example, combined scout armor is missing nano init, it has all other inits BESIDES that one, why?

Also, some special combined helmets are missing certain add damage modifiers, like Yakomo's Combined Scout's Headwear.

If paramedics would have had nano init, i would understand it, but it doesnt.

Well... I do assume that the lack of projectile damage is an oversight, since it doesn't make any sense. However, scouts (or observant for that matter) not giving any nano init does sound more like a design choice and it would be in my opinion better suited to spiritual anyway.

One damage type missing doesn't make any sense but a certain skill being missing does not scream "error" in the same way.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

There's a lot of these inconsistencies with armor, just look at OFAB sets or the forementioned Combined sets.

Many OFAB sets buff skills that a certain profession doesn't use at all - ie. pistol for NT, MM/MC in shade set, concealment for fixers, MA's, Adventurer OFAB has only +projectile damage, trader/engi sets buffing tradeskills even though OFAB is something obtained through pvp, fixers having a back slot item, shoulder items only for half of the professions, MA/MP OFAB doesn't buff aimed shot for intended bow-usage, etc.

Some of them do seem like 'design-choices' but for most part just sloppy, imo.
    Last edited by mes; Jul 4th, 2010 at 10:52:15.
    220 Crat, 216 MP, 174 Trader, 165 Shade

It has been 7 months ago this list started to build up.
    Already 1 1/2 things are fixed..
    Where halffixed is not fixed: Fc fixed 1 bug of the list. Where the list only mostly covers the bugs that are here for a very long time.

Gj Funcom...
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Xatgunner View Post
    It has been 7 months ago this list started to build up.
    Already 1 1/2 things are fixed..
    Where halffixed is not fixed: Fc fixed 1 bug of the list. Where the list only mostly covers the bugs that are here for a very long time.

Gj Funcom...
    If you actually read through the entire thread, you would discover that the lists have been edited to remove items as Funcom fixed them.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    If you actually read through the entire thread, you would discover that the lists have been edited to remove items as Funcom fixed them.
    Well... I received a bit of editorial help from Honorbound, but as far as I know I haven't explicitly removed anything that was fixed. The Mission Key Duplicator thing was removed since it's obviously intended and it wasn't that annoying...
    Ranged roxxorz!

Zoning issue between Scheol and Adonis

Maybe anybody can confirm this: when you get from Ergo in Scheol to Adonis you pass a narrow bridge and enter the underground passage with one of the Yuttos right in front of the door to the Spirits.

When I enter the door to the Spirits the right half of the door shows a black rectangle on my computer. I'll try to get the exact coordinates and playfield info the next time I run to Ado.

(22:12) Extended location information:
    (22:12) - 129.0, 131.9, 10.0 (129.0 131.9 y 10.0 4877)
    (22:12) - Pf Proxy: Model=51100:4877 GS=0 SG=0 R=4877, resource: 4877
    (22:12) - zone: 1, area: "Area"
    (22:12) Server id: 3047, character id: 50000:3030840366, time: 2010-07-07 20:12:15 (UTC)
    (22:12) Version: 18.3.10_EP1, map id: 18.3.10.0_06.07.2010_13.13.35, build: 48926.
    Last edited by alfora; Jul 7th, 2010 at 21:13:06.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Another thing that's driving me crazy: (not sure if mentioned before)
    When I got disconnected I have to wait for about five minutes until the server realized that and let me log in again. If I'm playing on my doc I can be sure that my whole team died meanwhile. So the login handler could really be made a bit smarter! For example if you trying to log in, but the account seems to be active already, the server could check if the client is still responding and allow reconnect if it's not.

Hey, y'all see something wrong with this?

You hit Distractions for 189 points of fire damage.
    You gained 25 PVP Solo Score.
    Attacked by Distractions!
    Your damage shield hit Distractions for 1 points of damage.
    Distractions hit you for 238 points of Fast Attack damage.
    You died of weapon damage!
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post

Yeah. The dead enfo lying on the floor that miraculously rises up to hit you three more times can be a bit annoying (although a lot of fun when it's you lying dead on the floor).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post

Sometimes fire damage does not work well with zombies. Try a ranged head shot.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Dual Logging
    Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but if you log in and get the "Anarchy Online Detected" message, and you mistakenly hit no, the game will not allow you to log in, and gives the error message "Error - Player is already logged in"
    Melinea - 218/12/40 Solitus Crat
    Blueyed - 150/2/7 Nanomage Doctor
    Andousto - 80/4/8 Solitus Soldier

With zero power comes zero responsibility...

Thats cause you actually log in, but the client logs out. Almost like pressing alt+F4 twice. This is clearly an error though as the client should not send request to server to log the char in if you click no.

Just for the fun of it, although I'd guess not many people know about this one...

The game used to have a "tip of the day" system, but it has been turned off a long time ago (I've never actually seen it working and I've been around for 5+ years). It wouldn't hurt, especially for the sake of new players, to turn it back on (with an opt-out setting somewhere), after having reviewed and updated the tips as necessary.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    The game used to have a "tip of the day" system, but it has been turned off a long time ago (I've never actually seen it working and I've been around for 5+ years). It wouldn't hurt, especially for the sake of new players, to turn it back on (with an opt-out setting somewhere)
    /tipoftheday

(and, even if it's not it, it's related: F10 -> GUI -> Misc -> Tutorial tip enabled)

Been there since forever...
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast