Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coon Capping

As if waste a valuable combat cooldown on something like this.

The *best* fix is simply to be unable to capture a point while under attack. Want to capture a point? Kill the defenders.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post

The *best* fix is simply to be unable to capture a point while under attack. Want to capture a point? Kill the defenders.
    and if the "defenders" squad that is protecting a cap-point won't die? (take doc+engi combo as example) what then?
    Solitus Enforcer - General of Divine Shadow NEUTRAL

Then guess what, if you cant kill the defenders, YOU DONT GET TO CAPTURE THE POINT!
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Um, then BS would consist of capping, targeting enemies, pressing Q, running away and keeping the attack active so they can't cap anything. Instead of more PvP you would probably get less. Why pvp when you (they) can win more effectively by running away
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Or just make it so that any hit or miss on you breaks the capping... the concept being that capping takes such focus that even evading a hit will stop you.. then that solves the Q and run away problem...
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

The *best* fix is simply to be unable to capture a point while under attack.
    The "not under attack" thing gets exploited enough on BS as it is. Say hello to not being able to use a nano kit (or sneak) for 5 minutes because some green who is on the other side of BS keeps aggro on you. Or people keeping aggro on APTs to prevent them from going out of their mechs.

100% interrupt when capping (even with coon on) sounds like an idea.
    Last edited by Szyylin; Jan 6th, 2010 at 04:27:14.
    Zenevan2 - 220/30/70 agent

Nerf 1500 evades when you try to cap, you might think twice about doing it with someone else there. Even with cocoon running most people will get perked or critted to death with that.

This is of course, if you want a single person to be able to hold control points, rather than actually defend them as FC intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Um, then BS would consist of capping, targeting enemies, pressing Q, running away and keeping the attack active so they can't cap anything. Instead of more PvP you would probably get less. Why pvp when you (they) can win more effectively by running away
    It doesnt really happen now. It's just a matter of time until you cant afford to be holding Q on someone anymore when you get attacked by someone else.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

It doesnt really happen now. It's just a matter of time until you cant afford to be holding Q on someone anymore when you get attacked by someone else.
    It's much easier to zoom around and press Q on anyone that tries to cap than it is to try and cap while people are doing this to you. Imagine you are in the middle to cap, some bastard attacks you and runs up the spiral. It's going to be a while until people kill that guy and if someone else tries to cap, he can just swap targets. If he does get killed eventually, someone else will come along and enter attack.

When one side has 4-capped, it's going to be very difficult to stop the landslide of points when you can't cap a point because people are attacking you. If you for example try to cap C and someone attacks you and runs away, you can either stand there and wait until that guy stops attacking you for whatever reason or you must spend lord knows how long chasing him down and hoping that you can actually kill him. It's all well and good thinking that you have friends to help you in such a situation but the enemy has friends too so it goes both ways. If whoever is attacking you is a rooter and you don't have spammable effective root removers, they can keep you from capping AND chasing them down.

Also, if you can't cap while someone is attacking you, you will spend a lot of time clearing the entire area of people that can attack you and by that time, new enemies would have come to the scene or the old ones might even have had time to run back there. Like in a 3 vs 3 situation in middle, one of them hold aggro on you so you can't cap. You fight the other 2 and once that is done, you have to chase down that aggro-holder dude. Once that is done, the two killed enemies would have returned and the whole thing starts over again.

Then there are mechs/anti-vehicular and anti-personnel turrets that can be placed/stacked. It takes a while to clear an area of all those and they can safely keep aggro on people in that time.

It just seems to me that this would result in the kind of BS that is far worse than the coon-cap-n-run stuff we see atm. At least with cap-n-runners you can cap back easily once they run off.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

capping should work like the "domination" mode from modern warfare 2
    If you haven't played it, there is a big chance you have no idea what i'm talking about.
    Solitus Enforcer - General of Divine Shadow NEUTRAL

For the whiners, all that would have to be is:

"Under attack" = An attack made against you in the last 10s, whether it was dodged, absorbed, hit, resisted, etc.

There you go, fixed.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Remove coon and Acrobat from adventurers and give TMS instead then.

After coming back to this game i can safetly say that cocoon isnt what it used to be in pvp. Sure its pretty strong coupled with Acrobat but atleast it forces us to burn both cooldowns. Used to be that DOF, Coon, DOF was 1:30 of invul not coon geats eaten in a few seconds.
    Last edited by oldschools; Jan 6th, 2010 at 12:49:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Nerf 1500 evades when you try to cap, you might think twice about doing it with someone else there. Even with cocoon running most people will get perked or critted to death with that.

This is of course, if you want a single person to be able to hold control points, rather than actually defend them as FC intended.
    Ditto, altho id go a bit further with this, because 1500 wont change that much when it comes to damage dealt by other ppl(especially f.ex advies).
    Go to -2 or -3k evades while capping, crit & perk haven for any1 being around.
    Edit: Forgot about casting professions, soo, hmm...-3k NR & +x(?) nano vulnerability?
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

There's already toolsets in place to counter coon capping, fear, stun and just owning the person capping. Use them.

I sometimes do that. I'll target people, especially agents, just to run off behind somewhere and see if they follow. Specifically I do, because they can't re-sneak. Good tactic, imo.

For the whiners, all that would have to be is:

"Under attack" = An attack made against you in the last 10s, whether it was dodged, absorbed, hit, resisted, etc.

There you go, fixed.
    Ive seen SA/AS/Dimach's used to pull people out of capping. I've also had the opportunity to squash cooncappers before solo. It's not too tough, especially since they cant attack back till cooldown. I also sometimes bring a friend. That is on my enf.

Engi and MP have a crap time pulling people out of capping. But I usually debuff, stun the crap out of them instead. I'm basically choosing one means over another really.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Taken out of context, this thread title is extremely racist :P

On topic:

Make the cap start a 1min timer during which the defending side can take back the point instantly. The end result is that the person capping will have to be able to hold the point for 1 min if he wants it to take effect.
    Last edited by Rak; Jan 6th, 2010 at 17:45:51.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Then guess what, if you cant kill the defenders, YOU DONT GET TO CAPTURE THE POINT!
    Nice solution, but you could end up in a situation where an assembly line of defenders could keep you in combat perpetually. Kill one, and another one comes around the corner. FOREVERRR!
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Honestly I could care less about being able to cap points with cocoon running, ofc that does not stop fixers, crats, zset MPs, MAs, or adventurers capping anyways. Just nerfing enfs, keepers, and engies is what stupid ideas that become popular involve.

Nerf everyone or nerf no one, take your pick. On that same note, go ahead and let soldiers cap under TMS/AMS, it would not be hard for a melee defender to keep them from capping.

Quote Originally Posted by Anston View Post
    The hole capping mechanics sucks. Every other MMO that I know of have found that out already and not even implented it to start with.

Would be better if the capping of a point would be based on who is acctualy at the point.

Example; one person of side X standing close to point = cap takes 60sec. 2 people of side X = 30sec. 3 = 20sec etc. If someone from opposing side enters the capping area he negates one of those people. That would make it stand still in the case of a 3v3 (or 2v2 or whatever equal number) or the likes over a capping point. You get my drift.

My 2 cents! :-)
    A la guild wars.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Etyris View Post
    There's already toolsets in place to counter coon capping, fear, stun and just owning the person capping. Use them.
    How can stun help me against coon cappers, please explain?
    Because last time i checked, stun didnt block using the terminal...
    Also, try stunning any decent ninjacapper nowadays, wont happen on enfs, on decent engis, never on MA's, neither advs, crats, fixers, mp's keepers, or just about any decent pvp'er.

As for fears, only 3 professions being able to use it is not a solution.
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast