Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coon Capping

Coon Capping

This is probably the 85th thread on this subject, but... it's got to go. I can't count the number of times I've sat near a control point and had some 219 keeper/advy/enfo run in with all his defense perks running, sit there for 10 seconds, and then saunter off w/o even attempting to engage in pvp.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    This is probably the 85th thread on this subject, but... it's got to go. I can't count the number of times I've sat near a control point and had some 219 keeper/advy/enfo run in with all his defense perks running, sit there for 10 seconds, and then saunter off w/o even attempting to engage in pvp.
    If the coon user just walked off after the cap, why not just recap the point back?

Best one is eng with blockers/regrowth/cocoon.

Some fine game mechanics right there

Balance incoming soon TM
    There seems to be problems with the internet itself!

And the funny thing is that soldiers under TMS (not under 100% reflect mind you) can't cap, but cocoon professions can!
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Because cocon users can actually die to APTs.

I agree this is a stupid mechanic. I am sure everyone would want to see capping blocked if cocoon was running.

My take though is a lot better as it will really make an APT on your point a true defense.
    Capping time gets upped from 10s to 75s. That should pretty much make all those Capping under XYZ issues go away. Since a profession would have to stand there 75s and take hits a turret should cut them down.

Then FC would get a good feeling for professions that have way to much power versus a turret. If a profession could take 75s of turret fire then they clearly are overpowers versus them.

Just a thought.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

With the upgrade to APTs, cocoon capping should be left as it is.

/signed: someone who hasn't cocoon capped in almost 3 years.

However, given how easy it is to interrupt a Soldier during capping (one melee hit should do it) I see no reason why Soldiers can't cap under AMS.

/signed: someone who hasn't played a melee toon on BS in almost 3 years.

/signed: someone who hasn't APT'd in over 2 years.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Increasing capping time is a pretty good idea.

"True defense" demanding from people to sit 30 minutes in APT counting clouds on the sky waiting for something to happen in a 10 vs. 10 round sounds like a experience that's better left for NPCs.

The truth is both mechs and APTs should be removed pronto because current design of Battlestation generally was a gigantic fail as far as incorporating them into PvP goes. It was designed for 40 vs. 40 rounds, that were last seen in early 2007 before half of population quit due to how much of a failure Lost Eden was. As it is there rarely is enough people to do huge mech battles, rarely enough attackers to push players into APTs, and capper running from control point can 9 out of 10 times get out safely even with his perks down. because there is no one coming his way.

Coon capping is fine. Tell your team to leave people at points and not run around farming solo kills. Seriously how long do you think coon lasts anymore versus 2 profs doing the same damage type? I can't count the times that two (that 2) soldiers have ruined my cap attempts. Try teaming with people. Tell that enf/ma nicely to swap dmg types so you can help take down cappers under coon. Use some freakin teamwork for a change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

You mean so liek and adv or keeper with 15 heal perks and/or a 3k heal at will?

The simple capping mechanic is a bit retarded the way it is as now.Oh often did i see 2 players from omni/clan running past each others just to rush cap points without even fighting.

And on the opposite you have fully twinked 220 just rushing to increase their SLOWWWWWWW pvp title.

Why is that?Because half of players wants pvp title(E-pen0r) and other half just need VP.Anyhow nowadays seeing a good BS run seems like a dream...Don't merge servers FC wait till you have 30 players left on each ones...

BS was an awful game design, like LE mish were, guess who made it?
    There seems to be problems with the internet itself!

Quote Originally Posted by Etyris View Post
    If the coon user just walked off after the cap, why not just recap the point back?
    That's not the point.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Increasing capping time is a pretty good idea.
    Sounds like a bandaid fix to me. And to add more waiting time to a fight would not be my first choice. Coon capping and DoF capping is a problem, because you are virtually indestructable. My fixer and adv do it all the time, and there is nothing anyone can do about it (cept maybe if an enf gets really lucky and scores a hit). And why this is allowed, while capping under TMS/AMS is not allowed, is just nonsense. Simplest solution: disallow capping while under the influence of Coon, DoF, and BR. Same as for TMS/AMS.
    General of First Order

Coon isnt problem cause AS/FA users eat it in split sec. Problem is advy with coon (And only god knows why they got both coon and acrobat line) which pops in with dof/limber/coon so u cant cap FA cant perk and coon eats AS so ur screwed...
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

Lightbulb

Everyone posted here has missed the real problem: casting is non-interuptible under coon.

If casting was interuptible under coon, WHICH IT SHOULD BE, we'd never have this problem, ALSO, advy's and their stupid coon+CH wouldn't be a problem either.

Get a bump on for making casting interuptible under coon.

Quote Originally Posted by MyGift View Post
    Coon isnt problem cause AS/FA users eat it in split sec. Problem is advy with coon (And only god knows why they got both coon and acrobat line) which pops in with dof/limber/coon so u cant cap FA cant perk and coon eats AS so ur screwed...
    And keepers with coon. Oh and btw, not everyone can cap AS like agents can.

i have nothign against coon capping (i consider it a major part of my lv 174 enfos toolset), but one solution would be to make it so the 50% damage reduction in pvp is removed when you start to cap, would make people think twice before they start

The hole capping mechanics sucks. Every other MMO that I know of have found that out already and not even implented it to start with.

Would be better if the capping of a point would be based on who is acctualy at the point.

Example; one person of side X standing close to point = cap takes 60sec. 2 people of side X = 30sec. 3 = 20sec etc. If someone from opposing side enters the capping area he negates one of those people. That would make it stand still in the case of a 3v3 (or 2v2 or whatever equal number) or the likes over a capping point. You get my drift.

My 2 cents! :-)
    Lishi / Oena / Ansol / Please / Ancra / Anston / Gelip / Ejlien

Quote Originally Posted by Anston View Post
    The hole capping mechanics sucks. Every other MMO that I know of have found that out already and not even implented it to start with.

Would be better if the capping of a point would be based on who is acctualy at the point.

Example; one person of side X standing close to point = cap takes 60sec. 2 people of side X = 30sec. 3 = 20sec etc. If someone from opposing side enters the capping area he negates one of those people. That would make it stand still in the case of a 3v3 (or 2v2 or whatever equal number) or the likes over a capping point. You get my drift.

My 2 cents! :-)
    ahh, I actually think this is smart

If you remove this mechanic to be able to cap control points under cocoon, then you remove the ability for some people to actually do something productive.

Some profs run off, or dont care to engage, probably because they know they wont survive the PVP. If they wanna bugger off, thats their choice. Besides.. certain attacks can actually break capping. Besides, even greens need love too.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Simply increase cap delay by 10 or 15 sec. It would be the easiest fix.
    Martialmad - Guru

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast