Thread: Projected 14.6 Changes

Talking Projected 14.6 Changes

I have gathered complaints of every profession from the various profession boards and projected some 14.6 patch notes assuming FC listened to the complaints. Enjoy.

Adventurers
    Added several new adventurer-only weapons. These weapons allow adventurers to do more damage than any other profession.

Soldiers
    Added several new soldier-only weapons. These weapons allow soldiers to do more damage than any other profession.

Enforcers
    Added several new enforcer-only weapons. These weapons allow enforcers to do more damage than any other profession.

Fixers
    Added several new fixer-only weapons. These weapons allow fixers to do more damage than any other profession.

Agents
    Added several new agent-only weapons. These weapons allow agents to do more damage than any other profession.

Martial Artists
    No changes.

Nano Technicians
    Improved nukes. Nano Technicians should now do more damage than any other profession.

Traders
    What traders?

Doctors
    No changes.

Bureaucrats
    Removed psychic restriction on charms. Now bureaucrats should be able to charm level 300 mobs and henceforth do more damage than any other profession.

Meta-Physicist
    We thought about fixing pet pathing, but we decided that any meta-phsyicist who put up with it this long can wait another few months. Sorry.

Engineers
    Pets now attack their owners if the engineers fail to control their pets and let them break calm. Thanks for the idea, Paxton.
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

Talking Yep, that should do it!

/me laughs out loud...
    Depeche Ztatik Mode

Originally posted by Cz The money you would spend on a sports car have been spent on your AO account(s). I have invested them in a sports car for myself. I'll let you drool over a picture of it someday.

LOL...

Well, u got a point there.. many dudes/dudettes complaints a lot, perhaps even me...

Oh, well it was fun to read it though...
    Prepare for Battle!!!I... I see.... Aliens....
    Mrevil By Mr. Fli
    Mrevil My stuff
    Exxon
    And a few other alts...
    People dont kill peoples in Rubi-ka, Lag does!

hehe.. true true..

But what I really want is for my crowd control to work somewhat on high level mobs so I'm not so useless outside missions
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Adventurers
    Added several new adventurer-only weapons. These weapons allow adventurers to do more damage than any other profession.

Fixers
    Added several new fixer-only weapons. These weapons allow fixers to do more damage than any other profession.

something wrong here

adv need mor luv they dont have uba ga

and damn new combat bulldozers will be atrox only...wtf((

if so i quit after this patch

LOL

So evil.. so evil..

If that were true about crats I'd go find Ian and charm him and never let him leave my side hehehe. Then go take on the entire ace camp at once lol.
    Rocco "Naels" Capone
    Atrox Martial Artist, Atlantean

Enforcer Is The Nerfest Prof <-- The dumbest thread in the entire forums!

yeah crat pets ..overpowered..they need big nerf

Crat charms are too good, nerf em. Make them EXACTLY like Trader charms.

Trader charms are the most useless nano in the game. Here's example:

Trader draws agg from mob
    Trader charms mob, becomes imobile
    Trader orders new pet to hunt
    Traders pet off whacking mob, mean while, nother mob comes up and creams imobile Trader
    Trader hugs Reclaim
    It ain't over till the fat lady falls on you.

roflmao great post
    President of Midnight Reveries

no Fixers get nothing..
    Phixxors on the other hand get grid armor MK X...
    all ac's 5000
    add all defence modifiers 5000
    Display over head MUAHAHAHAHAHA...
    On wear effect = God Mode.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

How about:

Upon login, all NT's will get new version of Nullity Sphere in inv.

Nullity planet
    NODROP
    Renders holder unable to move
    -1000 to all nano skills
    Adds +500 to all dmg received
    -1000 to health
    Display above head "waiting to die"

-Mega

Proposed changes for engineers

I think this new content should be nerfed before it goes in. There is no way that we could actually improve the behavior of pets from abysmal to terrible.

You shold probably add that no matter what, the traders will be able to do it better than engineers anyway.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

"We have fixed pet pathing. Pets should now no longer be able to move. Send a bug report if you see anything different."
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

Question Pet Pathing

The following items happened within the past 3 days;
    - Pet turning in circles after being told to attack mob. Mob standing stil immediately next to myself and dancing slayer. (Solo mission.. Cost me 1.7 mil XP)
    - When being told to attack mob in room, pet exits room and enters neighboring room.
    - When told to attack mod in same room, pet leaves room, circles in next room (distrubing other mobs) and returns for attack.
    - When told to attack mob chasing a team mate, bot gets stuck on table until team mate dies when bot finally breaks free of table and shows up to save the day..hehe
    - When told to attack mob in same room, bot leaves room, turns to come back and is stuck against the outer wall of said room.

ALL of these happened in the last 3 days. Do any of them qualify as a pet pathing problem?

There also seems to be a new pathing problem that has similar characteristics to pet pathing...
    If a pet is stuck against something in follow mode, one can "Pull" him through it by walking away from him. This includes walls and other objects.
    Recently in a solo mission, a mob on the otherside of a wall aggroed me and shot directly though a wall to get me in a manner quite similar to the way pets will shoot through walls to keepup. I first saw this directly after the last big patch when 3 probes came through the walls from neighboring rooms on one of my lower chars. Most recently it happened 2 days ago. I have to wonder if mobs arent getting some of the pet pathing attributes.

Lastly is invisible pets and teammates, Pets mysteriously turning into monsters and pets vanishing without a trace or reason all together.

Invisible pet...
    The pet (or team mate) is not visible to some or all members of the team yet responds. Doors do not open as the pet passes thourhg them bot mobs are attacked and take damage. This can happen just about anywhere.. no zoning is required, and although zoning does seem to fix it sometimes, other times it just fixes itself.

Pets into monsters....
    This was a cute one. The pet was visible to all.. followed me as normal, but when commands where issued, 'You have no pet" was the reply. Others could see the pet but their monster map upgrade showed it as a red dot. The pet was never released. Apon zoning all was back to normal. This happened when entering the boss room.. pet never followed.
    I Abondoned the pet and exited the mission where I found him again, normal and quite obedient.

Pet vanishes alltogether...
    Unlike the invisible pet, this time the pet is actually gone. Issueing commands results in "You have no pet". During my last occurance, I was in the middle of a boss fight.. pet in good health and poof.. gone. I created a new pet, finished the job and apon returning to BS grid from being gridded out of the misison, I had my new pet in tow and heard my old pet die in the water next to the Grid entrance.

My personal all time fav pathing fun.. Your in the start room.. just killed a mob and back to the entrance wall as much as is possible without exiting. Issue a pet Behind command.. pet leaves start room.. traverses main room to adjacent mob room.. if your lucky he turns and comes back into he start room.. if not lucky, he's attacked and you hope he dies out there.

I have reported these things and been told they're being worked on.. they're saying they where fixed.. color me confused.
    Last edited by Tydeng; Oct 10th, 2002 at 04:32:32.