Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe you nerfed Soldiers..

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    As a melee doctor, I have quite a few more than 4 perks in generic SL lines.
    A 1he soldier probably would to
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Quote Originally Posted by haavarst View Post
    When they balanced ranged advs
    hahahaha, oh woaw.
    You call that balance?The prof with the most awesome defence got some UBER killing tools while many others with 100 times less defence struggle to get a kill...

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    "Good" Shades are very dangerous in PvP, but if hes got "average" equip, just like a soldier with "average" equip, Ill eat his face.
    By average i meant a very decent setup, not ofab and rapiers, full AI armor 300, full research, pande items etc etc.With all that you'll be far from good, most BS guys are UNPERKABLE which mean you can't do ANYTHING but throw a SA every 40s.THAT is not average it's called nerfed to oblivion.

A soldier with the same equip can have loads of fun in pvp.As a shade it's just endless pain with zero fun.

I have nothing against soldiers but seeing them complaining, as well as advs, always make me laugh.Those two profs got so much OPEd that each little nerf seems to them like a major nerf bat of end of times

I'm not at all for nerfs, FC should instead help profs that need boost so they can catch up PVP wise.But i know FC they will do all the opposite and more people will quit.OR they give profs IWIN buttons that make everyone disgusted/bored.

It's like LE mishes after so much time they still couldn't admit that those mish are awfully boring and types should have been NOT nodrop from the begining, it kills a part of the game economy and make people bored to no ends when you have to farm those damn types.
    There seems to be problems with the internet itself!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxisfix View Post
    A 1he soldier probably would to

been there done that before expansions...was a blast... dont think it will do now though :/
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

they should have just fixed AMS...

Rather an over exaggerated thread, soldier aren't suffering badly now, nor have they ever, and will most likely not do so in the future either, no matter how much you want to take changes related to one prof and overlay them on the current environment, neatly forgetting that everyone else is also having things changed. And that's without even taking into consideration that we have seen nothing about changes regarding nanos, only been told that everything is being majorly reworked...

Less panic, please.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

soldier so called "alpha" is midget poop to their burst/FA dps which remains intact, imo they deserve every bit of nerf coming their way

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Stabby View Post
    soldier so called "alpha" is midget poop to their burst/FA dps which remains intact, imo they deserve every bit of nerf coming their way
    Theoretical paper-PvP is no fun >.<
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Welcome to the keeper world And hey u can always kill us
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Rather an over exaggerated thread, soldier aren't suffering badly now, nor have they ever, and will most likely not do so in the future either, no matter how much you want to take changes related to one prof and overlay them on the current environment, neatly forgetting that everyone else is also having things changed. And that's without even taking into consideration that we have seen nothing about changes regarding nanos, only been told that everything is being majorly reworked...

Less panic, please.
    So if they removed a NT's nanodamage perkline and removed Nanobot shielding, or staggered triple to 3 hits over 3 seconds to lessen the damage spike, you'd be fine with that, because NTs aren't suffering badly now?

NTs would be in pretty bad position if they did that and you would be the first to complain about it.

That is a very accurate comparison of the nerf soldiers will experience if they lose both AS and Power Up, so please don't practice a double standard. Your bias against soldiers is widely known, and you're present in every thread where we try to respresent our concerns.

And just because you communicate with the devs, don't expect that everyone else can. For most people who care about balance in PvP, this and representation via their profs are the only ways they have to express their concerns. Please don't condescend to claim that this is panic when it's just people voicing their opinions.
    Last edited by Questra; Jan 2nd, 2010 at 14:39:09.

Please nerf soldiers as suggested so I can give my money to some other company instead of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Theoretical paper-PvP is no fun >.<
    im all about paper pvp

Soldiers haven't been nerfed yet. Will they be nerfed if the only changes that happen are the ones that we have seen proposed and heard rumours about? Probably. Are the changes we have seen proposed (read, not set in stone) or heard rumours about going to be the only changes that happen? Highly doubtful.

Did Soldiers perform just fine before the RE line was made useful before? Yes. With the AS/FA combo nerf coming up, should they have the RE line taken away WITHOUT anything put in place to replace it for Assault Rifle users? No. Will FC do that? Highly doubtful.

In conclusion: The sky is not falling at this moment in time, Soldiers complain far too much.

Also, what others said about DPS. It appears, currently, that DPS is going to count for more than pure spike damage. I highly doubt you're the only profession that's going to see changes to your offence in that regard. Expect NTs to as well.

PS Gunfytr, did you get chance to try that equip change we talked about yet?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Also, what others said about DPS. It appears, currently, that DPS is going to count for more than pure spike damage.
    That particular point is important, in particular since soldiers will benefit a great deal from the capping attacks "nerf" defencively. If I'm not mistaken, in a pvp environment where regulars and overtime dps will take a new importance, soldiers will prolly have the very best damage mitigation again, against most profs (not counting nts, engis and traders, but even that is highly likely to change somehow in the future).

I'm not saying that soldiers should take the nerf silently and receive nothing as a trade off, just that the changes proposed are also beneficial to soldiers in other ways than pure alpha.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post
    That is a very accurate comparison of the nerf soldiers will experience if they lose both AS and Power Up, so please don't practice a double standard.
    Everyone is getting an AS nerf yet it always seems like soldiers in particular feel they are getting the worst out of it and I am not sure why. Alpha tools are needed currently because of profession healing abilities, when those abilities are nerfed the tools become unfair and unneeded and these balances will occur at the same time as far as anyone knows.

For power up, do all soldiers honestly believe FC will deny the assault rifle profession an assault rifle perkline of some merit at least? I have seen some nice ideas for an assault rifle perkline and I am sure you guys will not be left out, but do not be surprised if assault rifle is not always or even in most cases the best choice for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post
    Your bias against soldiers is widely known, and you're present in every thread where we try to respresent our concerns.
    I thought that was me Maybe it is me too but that is only because

In conclusion: The sky is not falling at this moment in time, Soldiers complain far too much.

The Soldier profession is far too popular and played to be destroyed by FC and they know that. Unless ofc, people like Ocene keep making threads like these and annoy FC's staff to the point that they take retribution on your profession. I am predicting all assault rifles to fire flowers with the first balancinig patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    For power up, do all soldiers honestly believe FC will deny the assault rifle profession an assault rifle perkline of some merit at least?
    Power up effects every soldier regardless of weapon choice or equipment. It is our only viable option.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Power up effects every soldier regardless of weapon choice or equipment. It is our only viable option.
    Power up should affect only RE weapon users, just like blunt mastery perks affect 1hb weapon users, pistol mastery does pistol users, shotgun does shotgun users...

Pure logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9001 View Post
    Power up should affect only RE weapon users, just like blunt mastery perks affect 1hb weapon users, pistol mastery does pistol users, shotgun does shotgun users...
    Really? I thought it was called Power Up, not Ranged Energy Mastery.
    General of First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Everyone is getting an AS nerf yet it always seems like soldiers in particular feel they are getting the worst out of it and I am not sure why.
    Ok, I can explain this.

AS and FA will share a lockout. It was fairly common for a Soldier to hotswap from an FA weapon to an AS weapon, during an "Alpha" attack. Since Soldier perk performance is luke warm, this is necessary to kill some healing proffs. Now, show me another proff that "commonly", at ttl7, uses a FA/AS hotswap. Thus, Soldiers will be hurt most (nerfed) by the new mechanics.

For the record, I have heard of lower ttl agents doing a FA/AS swap...but I dont think i've ever seen it at ttl 7.

edit: Ok, maybe fixers, but I cant HIT good ones, anyway.
    Last edited by Gunfytr; Jan 3rd, 2010 at 08:22:13.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

PS Gunfytr, did you get chance to try that equip change we talked about yet?
    I did. Its OK, but thinking about goin back to the CC chest. Generally, when I die, its so catastrophic, that 1K or so HP wont make a diff...but the extra AR might in hitting some of these evaders.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast