Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe you nerfed Soldiers..

I can't believe you nerfed Soldiers..

...this much.

It reminds me when AOC nerfed the whole gems setups, result is people left game.

{edited by Anarrina: removed unnecessary comment}
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jan 1st, 2010 at 00:18:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    ...this much.

It reminds me when AOC nerfed the whole gems setups, result is people left game.

Seriously, what's wrong with you people!
    The docs need an update or at least we need an idea about what's up now.

Basicly, AS and FA share a cooldown so we can'y swap to use both. Such tactic is usually to counter healing but there is a heal nerf incoming (again, need info) so okay.

Then Ranged Energy requires a ranged energy weapon. This have to be a mistake, because soldiers are left with no option for perks, and no meaningful damage after burst and FA. Of course PU isn't THAT powerful, but our original weapon line is such a joke I often don't bother to press them.
    Of course we can go smg/RE, and toast anything without high evades...

We discussed about it, made plenty of suggestion for both getting PU back, getting damage elsewhere or even going ahead with the plan. But that was long enough to agree, write it down and call it a day, even with ppl not playing solds. Now I throw me a bone... I mean, update please ?
    Last edited by Boltgun; Dec 31st, 2009 at 22:21:15.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Give FC some time, I am pretty sure they have seen all the "Don't lock ranged energy" posts already, looking at the current perk PDF's it's looking like they are trying to give out more damage from your assault rifle line instead, if I would guess I would guess that the ranged energy weapon requirement will stay, while FC add more damage to your primary perks instead.

As far as I understand it, those perk PDF's are in development and will change, what we saw last is most likely far from the final result, not to mention that it does look like most professions will get a new perk line, so, wait and see what they have in stock while your professionals tells funcom what you think, thats why they are there after all.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

The only thing that saved this topic from a lock/removal for a non-constructive topic was the fact that it had constructive replies to it. Keep the topics level-headed, please.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Ok Anarrina.

I propose something else then. And not a blunt rush to the devs. So I won't insult anyone ..and thanks to not have locked the topic.

I propose to review each class, review their innates weapons and associated perks...

..and do the same for soldiers.

Maybe then we will have a profession back.

Ok Anarrina.

I propose something else then. And not a blunt rush to the devs. So I won't insult anyone ..and thanks to not have locked the topic.

I propose to review each class, review their innates weapons and associated perks...

..and do the same for soldiers.

Maybe then we will have a profession back.
    That's exactly the whole point of the forum; your proposal is a bit redundant.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    That's exactly the whole point of the forum; your proposal is a bit redundant.
    Given the recent nerfs...my proposal is about keeping a profession alive, and not pretty talking about balance.

so when did fc nerf soldiers?

Um, nothing was quite as bad as that... or as needed.

1 shotting people in pvp with 1 reg hit? ftw!
    my poor gemmed armor, I wonder what became of it
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

The thing is, with what we've all seen in the latest perk documentation in Community Corner, and what we've heard about the hotswap nerf, Ocene has a very valid point.

Soldiers are set to loose all alpha potential because we would lose

A) AS
    B) About 12-16k perk damage, which is the majority of our perk damage potential
    C) Almost all of our low % chance stuns, leaving us with just one 9% chance stun

And soldiers would have to put 10 perks into a general perkline like NCU extensions or Enhance DNA.

I have seen some of you who have posted in this thread previously claim that a 220 character being forced to put perks into a general line (or otherwise waste them untrained) is perfectly acceptable. I seriously doubt you would feel this way if it was your profession that was forced to do so.

As it stands there, soldiers would become pretty pathetic, and you can really understand Ocene's shock and dismay. Obviously the soldier professionals are going to try to see that this horrible state of affairs for soldiers never hits live, but you can't fault Ocene for making this post in balance discussions to keep the issue fresh. Some profs have 2 or 3 times more posts than soldiers on this forum, so don't act like we're whining hardest.

soldiers cant alpha anything anyway so whats the big deal

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post
    I have seen some of you who have posted in this thread previously claim that a 220 character being forced to put perks into a general line (or otherwise waste them untrained) is perfectly acceptable. I seriously doubt you would feel this way if it was your profession that was forced to do so.

docs?
    ohi.

welcome to our world.
    RK1
    "Send Pics Plz". Meta-Wha? Noodz plz. 83/8.
    "Eye Makeshiz Foryou". Pimpin' Eng Of Doom. he's the SHIZ. 174/18.
    "Jack Grafter Torrence". I Like To Boom Boom Booooom. 220/zomg. AI30! .

RK2
    "Perk Grafter Reset". 216/22. RK2's Retired Bukkake Doc. idle since 2007.
    "Perk Graftor Reset". 142/15. RK2's Retired Pvp Doc idle since 2006

Maybe there will be no need to do XXXXXXX amount of alpha dmg anymore?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

...this much.

{edited by Anarrina: removed unnecessary comment}
    I suggest you roll a 220 solitus shade with average equipment.Then GO PVP!
    10 mns later you'll log your soldier again and think to yourself "damn soldiers are great!"
    There seems to be problems with the internet itself!

Quote Originally Posted by keitelo View Post
    10 mns later you'll log your soldier again and think to yourself "damn soldiers are great!"
    Thats now. We are talking about how after the patch Soldiers will be pathetic.

LE brought soldiers back, annd now this patch (or the latest pdf) we have seen is going to destroy the soldier as a credible force.

Thanks FC.
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Quote Originally Posted by keitelo View Post
    If you try to PvP on ANYTHING with "average" equipment, u get what you deserve. I have several billion credz worth of equip sunk into my soldier, along with 260+ days /played. Ty prolly has close to that. OUR Soldiers do quite well, thank you. We dont PvP with "average" equipment, and if you do, then I suggest you start farming. "Good" Shades are very dangerous in PvP, but if hes got "average" equip, just like a soldier with "average" equip, Ill eat his face.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post
    And soldiers would have to put 10 perks into a general perkline like NCU extensions or Enhance DNA.
    What, before the RE line was made "good" again? When soldiers were performing just fine before they were "made usable"?

Depending on heals, AS may not be needed for soldiers. FA and burst is awesome DPS in PVP.

DPS is awesome now, even if you cant alpha someone with DPS at times, doesnt stop soldiers killing people or getting them killed. DPS may become very vital in the future, with heals being 'altered'

Also know a class thats defence isnt based on casting heals? Soldiers.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Grafter View Post
    docs?
    ohi.

welcome to our world.
    Having 4 extra perks you can choose to put into genius or part of a prof group line doesn't count. Docs have real choices as to what do with extra perks; soldiers have no good alternative after Power Up is gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Having 4 extra perks you can choose to put into genius or part of a prof group line doesn't count. Docs have real choices as to what do with extra perks; soldiers have no good alternative after Power Up is gone.
    As a melee doctor, I have quite a few more than 4 perks in generic SL lines.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

When they balanced ranged advs they got a line supporting pistol specials. This might be something soldiers get too? I mean, noone should have to perk basic perks just becouse there is no other option.
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast