Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lowbie trader ideas

Lowbie trader ideas

Since most people would agree a good trader wins 8/10 battles 1v1 I has an idea. divide the drains between attack skills and nano skills so new lines are created. Would cause the trader to choose and land 2 either crippling weapon or nano skills. Ofc nanites should drain both but this offers people who get drained more options instead of being rooted and waiting to return to reclaim. Positive feedback please would like to avoid flaming and trolling.

About the only profession that wouldn't change with this is Soldier, since their main combat nano (TMS) is Borrowable. Otherwise, you're making an unnecessary split in the drain lines with a profession that is designed to be great in solo fights.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

So traders are designed to be good 1v1 but it's obvious they dominate lowbie pvp. All this soli would do is cause the trader to have to think and play smarter adjusting to the encounter insteand of rooting 1 drain and that's it. All this does is effect lowbie pvp. This would not make the toon entirely useless for a few more seconds providing a chance to fight back.

Yea, but here's the thing; major combat nanos are rather rare in lowbie PVP, since not many of them can be instant cast. With the people who do use them, some of them solely rely on them for damage (Bureaucrat and NT at low levels especially). So if you cast nanoskill drains on them, they're done anyway. With everyone else, with the very small exception of Enforcers able to cast rage, weaponskill drains will take them down the same way anyway.

So really there's no point.

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by viktory22 View Post
    So traders are designed to be good 1v1 but it's obvious they dominate lowbie pvp. All this soli would do is cause the trader to have to think and play smarter adjusting to the encounter insteand of rooting 1 drain and that's it. All this does is effect lowbie pvp. This would not make the toon entirely useless for a few more seconds providing a chance to fight back.
    Traders only dominate low level PvP when defenders/attackers are stupid. Defend with more than one person and that Trader is suddenly at a huge disadvantage. Unlike other professions, a Traders main defences only work vs one target at a time, unlike evades/reflects/HP/heals etc.

And for lowbie Traders to have any sort of chance against multiple opponents, you'll find them running out of nano -very- quickly even with PNH and cost buffs.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

That is not true. I have lowbie traders and with those buffs you mentioned I have never run out of nano. And how are you saying a trader is only good on 1 person. Most traders AoE root making the other targets useless. This causes them tofous on 1 without getting hit . And to the points about only enforcers would benefit is false at low levels. NT's wear weapons til llevel 50 when the first cyberdeck is able to be used. And around this time Nanites are in play which as i said wouldnt be split. Soldiers would either be allowed to tms since lowbie traders cant use borrow reflects or they could try their alpha. Crats is another example of a profession who uses weapons at low levels. Now spillting the drains would really only effect pvp from 49 down (selfed buffed at around 45). So this gives players a chance.

Splitting drains gives options to the target. And at low levels a good trader can get close to if not insta-cast on drains. So either increase recharge or splitting the drains works the same.

Another point is how can u have 1 profession who dominates pvp solo. Every profession should have good things and bad things. And at lowbie pvp with traders I have yet to see more than a few weaknesses which is easily fixed on the traders part from buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    a profession that is designed to be great in solo fights.

ain't we all designed to be balanced?
    Livesinglory Keeper lvl 49
    Livesangryer MP lvl 60
    Liveshealing Doc Lvl 179
    Liveswarping Engi lvl 220
    Livesfixing Fixer lvl 160

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    And for lowbie Traders to have any sort of chance against multiple opponents, you'll find them running out of nano -very- quickly even with PNH and cost buffs.
    Not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Traders only dominate low level PvP when defenders/attackers are stupid.
    And if the trader is not stupid he wont get alphad and survive atlast 10s. Enought time to shutdown 3 twinks.
    Talking about tl3/4 since there are never more then 2-3 on lower nw nowadays.

They should have added a lvl 190 lock to nanite if you ask me.
    VV

level 221 lock, imo
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Yea, but here's the thing; major combat nanos are rather rare in lowbie PVP, since not many of them can be instant cast.
    My enfo relies on nanos in lowbie pvp, all which are insta cast.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    My enfo relies on nanos in lowbie pvp, all which are insta cast.
    I was talking more about 1-21ish PVP. Once Enforcers get Mongo and Rage, then yes indeed, they start getting quite a few nanos to cast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Livesangry View Post
    ain't we all designed to be balanced?
    FunCom has always desired to balance all of us based on a mass-PVP spectrum, and we're built to be good when we can pick out an opponent from the crowd to drain and kill.
    Last edited by Saetos; Jan 1st, 2010 at 08:11:07. Reason: d'oh!

I was talking more about 1-21ish PVP. Once Enforcers get Mongo Rage, then yes indeed, they start getting quite a few nanos to cast.
    I wish I had MR
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    I wish I had MR
    Mongo AND Rage... lol woops ><;

I have two lowbie trader twinks that regularly wipe anywhere from 2 to 5 opponents with ease.

But it isn't just traders that have the potential to do so well in lowbie PvP. With kizzermoles, a neleb rod, and a Flurry of Blows, I have among the highest PvP damage out of all 10-25 twinks on my 22 trader, more NCU than any other prof, and the ability to make anyone's weapon 50 to 0%, but I've come across agents who are sometimes able to alpha me even when I react insantly and enfos who can land hits double drained who would kill me with their damage shield alone if I tanked them toe to toe.

A 30-45 enf with beaters can take down up to an entire team of twinks, and I've done this myself. A 30-45 trader can also take down a few twinks solo. A tl3 MP can do the same and I've seen NR agents and enfs with CI do the same.

There needs to be careful rebalance at low levels for multiple professions, not just traders, to give other profs a chance to make viable twinks. But yes, drains are one thing that should be adjusted. Nanites at tl2 and 3 are the most severe imbalances in lowbie PvP.
    Last edited by Questra; Jan 1st, 2010 at 09:19:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyvovoy View Post
    Not true.

And if the trader is not stupid he wont get alphad and survive atlast 10s. Enought time to shutdown 3 twinks.
    Talking about tl3/4 since there are never more then 2-3 on lower nw nowadays.

They should have added a lvl 190 lock to nanite if you ask me.
    I was talking about TL2. Casting the top to almost top RK drains is heavy on the nanopool however you look at it.

Unless of course you ditch another buff for IOR.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post
    Nanites at tl2 and 3 are the most severe imbalances in lowbie PvP.
    Thats correct. And fact is, that any other drain is OP when it comes to numbers. Trader can drain with ease within 5 seconds around 200 skills, which disables most other twinks, then root target and just tank him takeing very low dmg from oe weapon.

I would say:

1. LVL lock drains
    2. Add some nano costs there/recharge time
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Enfs can get mongo at lvl 5 or less and rage at 15.. Most profs can be made well low level.. but some need a bit more than others.. Rage shouldnt remove the NCU cost of roots it does.. the equivelant root to counter rage is around TWICE the nano skills.. requiring AI armor and severe twinking at the lvl an enf can do it without any AI armor..

But more on topic.. Pvp is much more balanced selfed, especially in terms of traders at tl 2, mochams and insane NCU for other buffs is what makes them crazy as they get survivability as well as top drains.. what OPs traders is predrains and OBs, not the power the drains themselves have, although nanites are almost stupid tbh. Lowering drain duration so they need to be recasted, maybe 45 secs or so might help but honestly I'd suggest at NW buffs are cancelled with a grace period of 2 minutes to buff up.. This would also promote the use of a balanced team for notum wars not only for buffing the team but to do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    Thats correct. And fact is, that any other drain is OP when it comes to numbers. Trader can drain with ease within 5 seconds around 200 skills, which disables most other twinks, then root target and just tank him takeing very low dmg from oe weapon.

I would say:

1. LVL lock drains
    2. Add some nano costs there/recharge time
    Quote Originally Posted by Originality View Post
    Enfs can get mongo at lvl 5 or less and rage at 15.. Most profs can be made well low level.. but some need a bit more than others.. Rage shouldnt remove the NCU cost of roots it does.. the equivelant root to counter rage is around TWICE the nano skills.. requiring AI armor and severe twinking at the lvl an enf can do it without any AI armor..

But more on topic.. Pvp is much more balanced selfed, especially in terms of traders at tl 2, mochams and insane NCU for other buffs is what makes them crazy as they get survivability as well as top drains.. what OPs traders is predrains and OBs, not the power the drains themselves have, although nanites are almost stupid tbh. Lowering drain duration so they need to be recasted, maybe 45 secs or so might help but honestly I'd suggest at NW buffs are cancelled with a grace period of 2 minutes to buff up.. This would also promote the use of a balanced team for notum wars not only for buffing the team but to do better.
    Neither of these suggestions would solve anything, they'd just move the issue elsewhere. You'd have to fundamentally change the drains that TL2 Traders would have access to without PM/TS mochies/composite mastery/pre draining or they will just disappear, as the drains "within specified level range" suck.

What you have to remember is without draining up, a Trader is alpha fodder, with weapons heavily OE, weapons that match the power of things like tiig beaters that Enforcers don't have to drain into effectiveness. So with your "ideas", instead of people whining about Traders in every other thread, they'll move on to whining about Enforcers.

Besides, anyone can twink enough NCU to get the OBs that everyone complains about, NCU buff from a Fixer at 25+, Hack and Quack, RRFE etc. In fact Enforcers tend to have more healing/HP buffing buffs active than Traders do, with less NCU than Traders have, because of the NCU cost of drains and needing buffs like PNH etc.

Besides, what OBs do you determine as unacceptable? All? Does that go for every single title level then? Or is TL1-3 being singled out here?
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Honestly, I think a better fix would be to fix how CC tools (roots especially) works. With that out of the way, multiple defenders should be able to take down a Trader pretty well.

Honestly, I think a better fix would be to fix how CC tools (roots especially) works. With that out of the way, multiple defenders should be able to take down a Trader pretty well.
    "Oh look, a Trader".

*press Barrow Strength*

Zerg Trader. The end.

You're also completely missing the fact that the Trader can be grace rushed. By the time the Trader has rezzed, rebuffed and come back, the anti root tools (assuming no solitus dudes with Tacky Hack) should be almost back up and the defenders can wait/log out outside gas and grace rush the Trader again.

Like I said earlier, multiple defenders can already take down individual attackers very well. Points scored on behalf of the single attacker due to either vastly better gear or the defenders waiting around in gas to be rooted/drained/pwned individually, is no reasoning for anyone to be nerfed, it's a reasoning to engage your damn brain instead of assuming your badass twink can just facerolldeath anyone.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast