Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - December 25th, 2009 - Christmas Day

Funcom employee Friday with Means - December 25th, 2009 - Christmas Day

Christmas Day 2009!

Those of you who dislike when I speak about my personal life in my own weekly post should stop reading here. There is nothing to see here...move along. There is no important information in here of any kind...so I hope Waldgeist doesn't bother translating it....Go OUT have fun!

I bet some of you also wish you were at work

I've been down in Stockholm in Hammarby Sjöstad staying at by wife's sisters house for Christmas. The drive down here from Oslo would take a normal family 7 hours..it took us 11. I have finally found something to compare to the pain of marketing meetings...sitting in the back of the car with my kids while my wife drives AND has full control over the AC. Middle of winter and I am sitting in the back of the car in shorts...still sweating and stuck to the leather seat. (Sorry for the mental image nobody needed..). It is always nice for my kids and their cousins to get together...we have a new cousin I hadn't even had the time to meet yet..nice to finally get to hold the little 6 month old girl as they are so much fun and so cute at this age. But wow...Christmas is tiring. I thought my days at work were busy...here with 4 kids under 4 years of age...3 dogs...a insane cat...and way too many humans for a small apartment...it is sometimes hard to breathe. THE WALLS ARE CLOSING IN!!!!!! I hope I get the chance to actually see some of Stockholm this time Don't worry Macrosun and Lindelu...I will text you with my plans so you can avoid me like the plague and not see me until the 5th when we all return to the office.

At least nobody asked me about drop rates last night at dinner. The turkey will be ready Soon TM!

I am of course checking my mail...when the kids and everyone else finally goes to sleep. I was made aware of the inability to ignore professionals on the forums last night at about 3am...I wrote to Kintaii..who fixed it and wrote me back about 7 minutes later. We are a bunch of sick workaholics...I'm certain that if they locked us out of the office all of us would be remote accessing our machines within the hour. It is a good thing that we are getting this break...working on AO is not a sprint..it is a marathon. I've been amazed by the hard work and dedication put in by the team this year...none of us have any right to expect the kind of loyalty and dedication we have seen from the individuals that make AO work and grow every day.

This year we have seen the game grow and develop in important ways...and a lot of the old AO demons slowly put to bed. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us all...and I can't wait to get started on it again on the 5th.

Thank you all for your support and criticism over the last year...I'm sure we'll keep this on track.

2010 is going to be a big year for us all. The new engine, daily missions, new beginning experience, focused balancing efforts are all looming in the future....this is going to be exciting.

I can't wait!

Merry Christmas!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

first page!

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 45 seconds.

nooooooo

and Merry Christmas to you and your family Means. Great work so far
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

Merry Christmas Means and Co.

woah you need to get out more
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At least nobody asked me about drop rates last night at dinner. The turkey will be ready Soon TM
    lol
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

2010 is going to be a big year for us all. The new engine, daily missions, new beginning experience, focused balancing efforts are all looming in the future....this is going to be exciting.
    Holy ****! There it is! Black on white...well more like white on bluegreenish but whatever. The new engine is coming 2010, and so a new island starting experience!
    Gender 'Blackdog' Bender 220/26 Soldier
    Den 'Beskyddaren' Utvalde
    220/18 Keeper
    Kane 'Blacrat' Lives 218/15 Bureaucrat
    Bleeding 'Rofflewaffle' Screaming 180/13 Shade
    Den 'Tempelherren' Trofaste 165/19Fixer

My AO vids:
    Boom! Aimedshot!
    Still Online!

New engine 2010? Means, don't tease! And new beginning experience? I'll need to clear some room on my account to check it out!

edit> Whoa, first page

Have a good weekend means

I was made aware of the inability to ignore professionals on the forums last night at about 3am...I wrote to Kintaii..who fixed it and wrote me back about 7 minutes later.
    BUT, I haven't even messaged you yet, why do you ignore my love for your Teletubby outfit!
    Last edited by Technogen; Dec 25th, 2009 at 19:17:53.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

You liar ! You say there is no important game info here and then you announce the team pwned some old AO demons and a future baggining game experience (one of the big 3 updates needed for me). That's great news!
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

lol @ 22s reply on xmas day

edit: also fair play on the FWM (even if it wasn't really AO related), I was only joking when I said I wanted one!
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Any news on rebalancing progress ?
    Molotoff Cocktail

I can't wait!
    i cant wait too , means

anyway . merry xmas
    Last edited by Cornfl3x; Dec 25th, 2009 at 19:30:22.
    Cornflex 220/26 Keeper
    Kaldr 220/20 Crat
    Firstaidz 211/12 Doc

Organization : Paradise

well nice to know you at least enjoyed spending time with family, I did the same but I am stuck in my neighborhood, snowed in :P from a blizzard.... well merry Christmas to all and happy holidays to the others that don't celebrate Christmas, good to see Lindelu's ideal coming soon, cant wait till I can play with it
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    You liar ! You say there is no important game info here and then you announce the team pwned some old AO demons and a future baggining game experience (one of the big 3 updates needed for me). That's great news!
    I think that's more a review of 2009 than actual "news". Now, the implication that 2010 will see the release of the new graphics engine... THAT is news!
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

2nd page!!! no?
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Enjoy your Christmas I bet I could place bets on who from my work team would also respond within such a short time too!!

Thanks for taking time out for us Means, <3 FWM's Hope you all have a very nice Merry Christmas!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast