Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cz: can you make LLTSs not drop in 1/2, but max at 8%?

Originally posted by Beaker

where bonus could be something like +200 health

so that a 15%LLTS would become an 8%LLTS with +3000 health
    but an 8%LLTS would become an 8%LLTS with only +1600 health
    No, the only way what you're suggesting would be fair is if they added the bonus ONLY to 9% and above (which are essentially getting nerfed to 8%).
    Captain Sparkyd Kirk

Proud Unit Commander of Band of Brothers
    Über® Equipment - Courtesy of Auno.org

An agent with a GPH?? WTH, since when do you even cast nanos?? - Random tell

No longer playing.

Last edited by Beaker; Oct 16th, 2002 at 19:26:05.
    original author of Helpbot

Originally posted by Beaker
    Also FunCom said "we promise to make the 15%'s have the same market value"

(I'm paraphrasing, not exact quotes)

I'm just wondering if they make my 8% scope be a 4%, how would it still have the "same value"?
    I'm pretty sure you might have read that wrong. Funcom never said that a current 15% scope would be worth the same as a 8% scope. That is absolutely ludicrous.

A 15%, regardless if it is nerfed or not, will always be worth more than an 8%. If 15% gets nerfed, I see no reason why the 8% shouldn't be nerfed as well; if not, then the 15% HAS to have huge modifiers on it that the 8% doesn't have on it.

I don't wish to flame, but the more I've been reading your posts, it seems to me that you want all current 9% and higher owners to basically lose any potential value of their scopes over your 8% scope.

Basically, the only way I see that 8% and lower scopes would receive the bonus if this scheme (or similar) were followed:

old -> new
    1% LLTS -> 1% LLTS with bonus*1
    2% LLTS -> 1.5% LLTS with bonus*2
    3% LLTS -> 2% LLTS with bonus*3
    4% LLTS -> 2.5% LLTS with bonus*4
    5% LLTS -> 3% LLTS with bonus*5
    6% LLTS -> 3.5% LLTS with bonus*6
    7% LLTS -> 4% LLTS with bonus*7
    8% LLTS -> 4.5% LLTS with bonus*8
    9% LLTS -> 5% LLTS with bonus*9
    10% LLTS -> 5.5% LLTS with bonus*10
    11% LLTS -> 6% LLTS with bonus*11
    12% LLTS -> 6.5% LLTS with bonus*12
    13% LLTS -> 7% LLTS with bonus*13
    14% LLTS -> 7.5% LLTS with bonus*14
    15% LLTS -> 8% LLTS with bonus*15

This is one scheme. That would STILL make the old 8% more valuable than a 8% VE, because it would have some nice modifier on it, like maybe health or something else. (I'm not sure if the 0.5 percentage increases on crit chance can be implemented or not...)

The other viable scheme would be:

old -> new
    1% LLTS -> 1% LLTS
    2% LLTS -> 2% LLTS
    3% LLTS -> 3% LLTS
    4% LLTS -> 4% LLTS
    5% LLTS -> 5% LLTS
    6% LLTS -> 6% LLTS
    7% LLTS -> 7% LLTS
    8% LLTS -> 8% LLTS
    9% LLTS -> 8% LLTS with bonus
    10% LLTS -> 8% LLTS with bonus*2
    11% LLTS -> 8% LLTS with bonus*3
    12% LLTS -> 8% LLTS with bonus*4
    13% LLTS -> 8% LLTS with bonus*5
    14% LLTS -> 8% LLTS with bonus*6
    15% LLTS -> 8% LLTS with bonus*7

Of course, the bonus would be different scale than the other scheme.

This would still retain the value of 15% over the 8% (which there SHOULD be)....
    Last edited by Sparkyd; Oct 11th, 2002 at 21:26:27.
    Captain Sparkyd Kirk

No longer playing.

Last edited by Beaker; Oct 16th, 2002 at 19:26:16.

Last edited by Beaker; Oct 16th, 2002 at 19:26:27.

As I said earlier, if they are nerfing all scopes above 15% down to 8%, they are reducing the value of them.

It is only fair that the 8% and under take the same loss in value.

Unless they put a nice modifier, as I also previously said.
    Captain Sparkyd Kirk

No longer playing.

The main point is not to nerf the crit mod on the ELLTS. Advocating against 8% scope nerf while ignoring the nerf on 15% scope is rather biased. There is really no significant difference between a 8% LLTS and 8% VE, and while 15% scope sells for 100-200 mil, 8% sells for 8 mil tops (pocket change). In other words, a 15% scope turning into 8% scope is about 192 mil drop in scope value, while 8%->4% is about 4 mil drop. Also consider 8% scope is often less useful than a 4% scope if you're aiming for 1/1 with optimal crit %. Not to mention that 8% scope is useless for weapons like Ithacas where you need 20%+ crit to have it do decent damage.

So far, Gaute's proposed change in how crit mods are stacked instead of nerfing the crit % on the ELLTS is the best idea yet. I would back it 100% if melee profs didn't suffer a significant loss in damage output from the changes.

In response to the title: Can you max scope at 8%?

No, max it at 15% and keep it there please.

Half
    Last edited by Halfdeck; Oct 15th, 2002 at 19:10:59.

Advocating against 8% scope nerf while ignoring the nerf on 15% scope is rather biased.
    I totally agree. However, I am not ignoring the 15% scope.

Since FunCom already said "We will nerf the 15% to 8%" I didn't see the point in trying to change their minds.

My point is "since FunCom is already nerfing the 15% to 8% then why bother with the ones that are already below 8%" OR "if you nerf the 8%LLTS's to 4%LLTS please remeber that they are not 8% anymore and need a lot of extra value to make them as valuable as an 8% VS"

Is that now clear as mud? You guys keep saying I'm saying something like "screw the people with 9%'s and above, just don't touch my 8%" This is exactly what I am NOT saying, so please read my points more carefully.

Last edited by Beaker; Oct 16th, 2002 at 19:28:37.

Last edited by Beaker; Oct 16th, 2002 at 19:26:46.

According to Gaute, they're not nerfing the crit on the ELLTS, only increasing the melee init penalty on them. So stop bumping this thread doc because in a way the title implies condoning the nerfing of 15% scope to 8% which I'm 100% against.

Change the title to read this: "Don't nerf the crit mod on ELLTS PERIOD."
    But as I said, that's a really moot point because they're are NOT reducing crit mods on the ELLTS. Read Gaute's sticky above on crit stacking, also read up on the New York Times article on how FC changed their minds on scope nerf after massive player objections.

Notice not many people posting on this thread, because the crit nerf on scopes is now a non-issue.

Half
    Last edited by Halfdeck; Oct 16th, 2002 at 18:36:59.

Why didn't you say so in the first place, jexus!

(I can't delete this thread and I can't change the topic name, so I did the best I could and deleted all my points and arguements.)

Since FunCom changed their minds, this thread is a mute point.
    Last edited by Beaker; Oct 16th, 2002 at 19:27:56.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12