Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - December 18th, 2009 - Busy day and Leet infestation

Awesome news about how the engine is still moving forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlatoani View Post
    Balance Updates Please!!!
    Some info on dates for balance patches and stuff would be cool, I thought I had read in the "30 free days" e-mail that balance changes would be ingame for the end of December.. I probably just read that incorrectly though.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    This is great news.

I take it the current plan is to release upgraded art resources and the engine itself at the same time? Sil's original plan seemed to be slamming the engine out then incrementally upgrading it, and I think that's the impression most of us have.
    Aye, that's been one of my main gripes about it. A new engine with old art just isn't going to have the intended effect of pulling new players in. So if this has changed it's a definite plus in my book.

Sounds like you're making great progress on the engine. Can't wait to take another peek at it

Only thing I was missing was some info on the progress of the balance changes. Still working on nanos I presume?

Quote Originally Posted by omegahealer View Post
    ffs you damned people post fast :O
    Nah, you're almost 10mins after Means' post.

Thank you, Means. Thank you FC.

First time, I participate in this forums, i felt like I have been heard.

Thats amazing.

I just cant wait, to see all this stuff you have mentioned.

/regards
    Pomidor
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

While work is being done to fix meshes for shoulder pads, you think it can be looked into fixing the alignment on them. Some pads still do not align right to certain breeds.
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

That was quite an enjoyable and yet informative read.

Means, I think we may have a good relationship in the future.
    _thespoon_
    adv19x1x4x
    _hateful_
    nt1651749

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_One View Post
    While work is being done to fix meshes for shoulder pads, you think it can be looked into fixing the alignment on them. Some pads still do not align right to certain breeds.
    Yes, please.
    Dogeared: their fix will probably eliminate the 'sploit that allows you to pass through ''doors'' from one playfield to another. <-- zomg, she was right!

Some good news, but pics or it didn't happen
    i R not spik engrish

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    See guys, I didn't ruin it.
    Nah...I think my wife fed our kids coffee before I came home...took me forever to get them to bed.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Great news there, keep up the good work! We are always patient, better have a slow good result than a fast and bad result <3!
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_One View Post
    Which ones are still wrong? PICS!!!!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Given that ur already gonna remake char heads im assuming the 9 or something char bodys and the few most commonly used meshes like robe/tank armor are gonna be remade too?

nice update.

I know you said the engine will not be done in 2009 (obviously), but could you possibly confirm that it will be done in 2010? Doesn't need an exact date, but exact year would be glooooooooorious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Tall solitus female left T3 shoulder. I can post pics later if you like!
    Dogeared: their fix will probably eliminate the 'sploit that allows you to pass through ''doors'' from one playfield to another. <-- zomg, she was right!

I was beginning to wonder about the leets...did Wailing Wastes Dynas last night and the x-mas leets were starting to become the new desert floor covering.

Good to see some extended comments about the status of the engine.

Regarding the new heads: Does someone in Oslo make a few 'masters' for each breed then have the China group use those as guides for reworking all the others? Or is that work wholly handled by China?
    Last edited by Dagget; Dec 18th, 2009 at 22:05:36.

Big shoulderpads like the beast-pads on atrox doesn't look quite right. It looks ok when the character is standing still but when you start running forward, the pads start hovering way above the characters head. Looks quite odd

Very uplifting FWM this week. Getting excited now
    Veteran of Equilibrium

"When we do a character wipe...you will need to log on your low level bots to make sure they are not removed."
    A few things I've wondered about these and the regular char wipes that can happen is does the regular three month (90 days) since last log in apply to each char or the whole account? Do both these and the regular clean ups apply to a certain level and lower or just these? Then of course what is that level?

Quote Originally Posted by Camista View Post
    Tall solitus female left T3 shoulder. I can post pics later if you like!
    Oops. MP T3. That would help.

Thumbs up

Excited.... Can't wait to see some more previews from the new engine
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast