Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Funcom Facebook and Twitter Competition

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Wow...you hurt my feelings. Harsh and uncalled for really.

Hey! Make up your own whining...that's MY line! :P

When I am airing my grievances at the aluminum pole this year this will definitely come up.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Hey! Make up your own whining...that's MY line! :P

When I am airing my grievances at the aluminum pole this year this will definitely come up.
    Seriously though Means, I hope you understood what I was trying to say...I know I over-exaggerated a little, and it was worded pretty harshly, but I in no way was trying to offend you or your team. I think you have done a great job since taking over as GD.

I am also faced with the reality of the situation though, AO faces some tough competition ahead...Star Wars: The Old Republic, Star Trek Online, Earthrise, Global Agenda, and even FC's own The Secret World, will likely chip away even more (or hell even break off huge chunks) of our population in the coming months/years...and I find it hard to believe there are going to be enough people to keep AO ticking for 5 more. That's all I was trying to say, I hope I am wrong, this was my first MMO, and everytime I try something else, I keep coming back.

P.S. Oh and someone please fix RK1, it's pooping all over the place right now.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

We had Friday with Means, Friday with Kintaii.
    How about having Friday with specific player? Where administration interviews randomly chosed player regarding various things?
    Last edited by Artyomis; Dec 25th, 2009 at 12:06:04.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    How about having Friday with specific player? Where administration interviews randomly chosed player regarding various things?
    Friday with Klod ftw.
    Villagebike - 220/22 Metaphysicist - Rebuilding
    Fyxi - 220/25 Fixer - Schtuff
    Nullnvoid - 164/6 Keeper - Supahgimp
    Skrappy - 150/2() Agent - wtb axpeh pl0x
    Irolldadvlol - 60/2 Adventurer - Ubahgimp

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    "FC Nerfsquad" When I have that made into a t-shirt I'll give you full credit.
    Join Primal Instinct in Age of Conan
    give it some love

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    Because by and large, we don't care about listening to another player ramble. And if we do, we have an entire forum dedicated to such ramblings. Outside of a possible entertainment value when we tear into him in the comments, we get nothing from it. "Friday with..." is for information, not mundane crap.

Wanna have a "Player Spotlight" like SOE does or something, be my guest. But keep it out of "Friday with....".

So did anything come out of this "competition"?

yeah id love to know
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Nothing?
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    wtb video of the "feats of strength"

Quote Originally Posted by Tarib View Post
    Join before the end of 2009 to be eligible to win.
    I could have sworn that the post had more info in it when it was 1st written, something about the last date to join being January 4th or 5th or something... anyhow... almost two months since the last possible joining date have passed, and the "Soon™" took over ? Funcom, did your random generator broke ?

p.s. Why did this get un-sticky'd before the competition ended...
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

<3

go to http://www.riseofthegodslayer.com/
    select Features

and u'll find
    Experience the true power of DirectX 10 graphics with enhanced visuals and new groundbreaking graphical features that brings the land of Khitai to life. The new visual style of the east will also provide a fresh, new look on Hyboria - the savage world of Conan!

When AO devoted will be able to experience the true power of DX10? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeep View Post
    go to http://www.riseofthegodslayer.com/
    select Features

and u'll find
    Experience the true power of DirectX 10 graphics with enhanced visuals and new groundbreaking graphical features that brings the land of Khitai to life. The new visual style of the east will also provide a fresh, new look on Hyboria - the savage world of Conan!

When AO devoted will be able to experience the true power of DX10? :P
    AoC doesn't even have "the true power of Dx10". It has "Direct X 10 TEST". lol

DX10 in AoC is severely non-optomized, requiring way more resources than would normally be required in a game with similar graphics. Even sadder is that, outside of "godrays", AoC in DX 9 looks better than AoC in DX10. DX10 foilage for one looks fake as hell.

Maybe they somehow figured it out in the expansion?

Part of that reason is DX10 was completely new when AoC came out, and was one of the 1st games showing it off.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Part of that reason is DX10 was completely new when AoC came out, and was one of the 1st games showing it off.
    Who's talking about when it was new? I'm talking about that's how it is NOW, as in right this moment. They still advertise themselves as having DX10 when they in reality have a basic hacked-together rough version of DX10.

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    I could have sworn that the post had more info in it when it was 1st written, something about the last date to join being January 4th or 5th or something...
    Found it
    http://top1gaming.com/blog/recommend...and-followers/
    http://www.mmo10.com/game_news.php?i...-and-followers

"Just make sure you've joined up before January 4th, 2010 when the contest ends"
    ...and we're 2 months after that...
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Funcom employee

I will check up on this with the marketing guys and see what the results were.

Funcom employee

Quick update: The marketing guys are still at GDC. I will camp them until they come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyxi View Post
    Friday with Klod ftw.
    What for? I would consider that a nerf.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Bah why do FC often start competitions but almost as often then forget about it? This is not the first or the second time that FC started a competition and then had to be contacted over and over just to find out what on earth is going on, several months after the competition supposedly ended.

I got my AoC beta access juuust before beta was over because FC started a competition where one of the prices was beta access and then just kinda.. forgot about it. Those that won item-prizes had to contact FC over and over for months before anything was done

Now, don't get me wrong. All these competitions are great and I thank for FC hosting them. It's great.

All I'm saying is that if you start something.. then you should commit to it.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I'm totally unfriending AO.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast