Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Funcom Facebook and Twitter Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    I don't remember where it was, but I remember hearing that Twitter was voted "The #1 Thing That Won't Be Around in 5 Years" recently.

Glad I'm not the only one that sees what a gigantic waste of time it is.
    Ironic that you are posting this on the forums of Anarchy Online.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

Quote Originally Posted by blix01 View Post
    Ironic that you are posting this on the forums of Anarchy Online.
    Yeah, because AO won't be around in 5 years either, only it wouldn't even be considered for that list because everybody in the world except for the 19 subscribers left to AO have already forgotten about it.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Tarib View Post
    The holiday season is upon us and Funcom is ready to...
    What does this means? I means, where is means? This means no friday with means? >,<
    Detachment: Mayhem (OTC)

Coolx ( 220/30 ) Opifex Agent
    Evildaemon ( 220/30 ) Opifex Meta-physicist
    Criminal ( 220/30 ) Atrox Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by mozaix View Post
    where is means?
    His forum account is "online" right now.
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Funcom employee

Yeah, because AO won't be around in 5 years either, only it wouldn't even be considered for that list because everybody in the world except for the 19 subscribers left to AO have already forgotten about it.
    Wow...you hurt my feelings. Harsh and uncalled for really.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Twitter: I don't give a crap what you morons are thinking.
    we really didn't care to hear your opinion on twitter, but you happen to type it anyway didn't you?

interestingly hypocritical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

*pats Means*

hush now, the mean person can't hurt you... listen to some happy tunes
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

I didn't say anything negative about you. I'm sorry you feel that way, but it's painfully obvious to a lot of us I think, that AO is the MMO that time forgot. I think the work you are doing is good, I just feel it's going to be too late.

Where is FWM???
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

Autohead, what you did is basically like walking up to Michelangelo's David with the master right there and making some rude comment about it, or going to the Mona Lisa with Leonardo right there and making some snide comment about how she should put a bag on her head.

Facebook: I'll stick with real friends, thank you.
    The ones in AO?

Anyway, Facebook is like an address book that updates itself!

Twitter: I don't give a crap what you morons are thinking.
    There are people who spend all day trawling the web for interesting content on the topics I'm interested in, and post it on Twitter. Icall them my curators, and they save me a lot of time finding things I enjoy reading. None of them has ever announced to me that they're planning to take a dump now (or similar personal stuff that I don't care for either).

If someone doesn't like FB/Twitter, fair enough, but isn't that funny coming from people who spend much of their time with virtual friends and share their opinions on these boards (and obviously care what we morons are thinking because they reply to us)?

Anyway, lessee if Means has got around to his sacred duty yet...

Not that I use Facebook a lot because, omg, I use it for rl business, I'm already in the AO group.

Anyway I know it's just a plan to make people with accounts join there, and it make sense.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Facebook: I'll stick with real friends, thank you.

Yes, communicating with friends through digital media automaticly disqualifies them as real friends

Oh, wait - my mom just posted on my wall asking if me and the wife would come for dinner at sunday - not my real mother? Facebook is clearly evil and intended only for people aiming to scare away all friendly relations.
    Tokrika - advisor of First Light

Ceterum censeo Omni-tek esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Autohead, what you did is basically like walking up to Michelangelo's David with the master right there and making some rude comment about it, or going to the Mona Lisa with Leonardo right there and making some snide comment about how she should put a bag on her head.
    Not at all, I didn't say AO SUCKS or MEANS IS A TERRIBLE GD...I'm just saying that AO is irrelevant now in today's MMO world. Would I like to see that change? Of course, but I don't see that happening. Does it matter what I think? No...I just post here because my job is boring and it makes the day go by a little faster.

Not at all, I didn't say AO SUCKS or MEANS IS A TERRIBLE GD...I'm just saying that AO is irrelevant now in today's MMO world. Would I like to see that change? Of course, but I don't see that happening. Does it matter what I think? No...I just post here because my job is boring and it makes the day go by a little faster.
    How about making a twitter account and post there instead of here, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tlatoani View Post
    How about making a twitter account and post there instead of here, huh?
    How about not giving him one after another reason to answer HERE?

It seems I used the improper analogy.

You basically told Means, and every developer who works on AO, all of who care very much about this project, their baby, in short, that it'll be dead in 5 years. Picture walking up to a family with their young child and saying that and you'll probably have a really close approximation of what your words' impact are.

Quote Originally Posted by ephedrae View Post
    How about not giving him one after another reason to answer HERE?
    How about irrelevant banter to pass the time until FwM?

But seriously, Tarib, couldn't have picked a worse time if you were counting on responses to your actual message...

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    It seems I used the improper analogy.

You basically told Means, and every developer who works on AO, all of who care very much about this project, their baby, in short, that it'll be dead in 5 years. Picture walking up to a family with their young child and saying that and you'll probably have a really close approximation of what your words' impact are.
    Thanks for the funny picture in my head.
    _thespoon_
    adv19x1x4x
    _hateful_
    nt1651749

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast