Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should Trader's drains be halved in PvP?

I dont want Traders nerfed when it comes to debuffing my skills.... i just hope FC could make it so my selfequiped guns dont get OE'd after those drains... My selfequiped river turned into 0% effective even when i have AR mastery running in my ncu.

Undo OE pach, it did not do anything good to the high lvl pvp.
    FC have already started to put a lvl req on items and buffs, that is reason anough to undo OE-rules.

Originally posted by Cudus
    I think if people realized nanoresist actually WORK, they would stop whining...
    I have maxed my NR + faded cluster, but a green trader can still debuff me back to lvl 10ish - even at full def.
    Pnh "Stian" Anyone? - 210/12 NT - Veteran of Forsaken
    Kjærringa med staven er vannskapt
    o.O

I DO play a trader as my one any only alt...
    Dont get me wrong im MA all the way when it comes down to it in AO...but i would have to say traders are by far the most complicated to play and least boring as u are always casting monitoring drains and in my case supporting my teammates with heals and steady 132's the whole mission

Traders deserve the skill bonuses they get from drains but i can pull off both advanced drains on a crat or nt NPC and STILL get nuked......since drains clearly have no effect on mobs why do they need to cripple people in PvP?

it would be nice if drains lasted 3 min on the trader but wore off after 20 sec on the target that way if they ARE stacked on someone they arent fully crippled and over equipped for more than about 10 sec(and thats if both drains are executed successfully successfully.ya can also balance this change out by shaving 3 seconds or so off of the recharge time so that if a trader wants to concentrate on one person he has a better chance if maintaining a debuff
    Disciple092 lv 200 Clan MA

l={::;;;;;;;;;;>Redemption<;;;;;;;;;;::}=l

Well add me to the list of B*tches asking for nerfs but when a profession like Traders have the ability to make me have to use Total Mirror Shield 5! over TMS 9! with just 1 nano and TMS 3! after the second one...I say you need to rethink the debuff side of these nanos.

REPEAT: I'm only suggesting that the debuff on the OTHER player is reduced. As far as I care, you can double the benefit side of the nano for traders, I just want to be able to still use QL 30 nanos in combat after i have been deprived!

I'm not alone and if you feel that drains are not over powering then just say so but don't suggest I'm saying 50% the whole nano. My brother is a trader so it wasn't like I was trying to be heartless.

EDIT: Go here first if you think i'm making up the need for the DEBUFF side of the nano being nerfed: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=56278
    Last edited by Meligant; Oct 5th, 2002 at 03:54:44.

Originally posted by Stian

I have maxed my NR + faded cluster, but a green trader can still debuff me back to lvl 10ish - even at full def.

Hehe Stain, Max NR and 1 cluster aint gonna help. My base NR maxed is 660, but my actual NR is 954. North has 1k+ NR so I think you can match that.

BTW Meligantm like I can't kill an MA with dimach/shen up, a doc with 1k+ NR or 1hb Enf, you can't kill a trader as a soldier. Its just the way it is -- unless you got your NR way up there, which I think you haven't, because if you have it at 900+ you wouldnt be posting this thread.

Half
    Last edited by Halfdeck; Oct 5th, 2002 at 04:09:30.

I would suggest posting this to some other forums as well.

This forum is mainly read by traders afraid of nerf.

Arrow

Opposed to the forums used by all the nerfmonger trolls?

BTW read through the last 2 months or so of posts...mainly read by who? What a crock of ****.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Originally posted by Mercatura
    Opposed to the forums used by all the nerfmonger trolls?

BTW read through the last 2 months or so of posts...mainly read by who? What a crock of ****.
    I've learned not to take North too seriously. Your signature sums up his perspective on traders: pure blind trader hate.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Purely for the reason traders wish MA's (and melee classes in general - the llts issue) nerfed:

I vote yes: nerf them to hell and back, nerf them in pvm too by the way they want us nerfed in both pvm and pvp so why should thy only be nerfed in pvp?

You have no sympathy for my classes strong points, well don't expect any from me for yours anymore then.

I know this sounds like a silly post, but I am just so angry with all the traders crying for an ma/melee nerf.

Crying for a nerf of another profession? Fine do so, just realize you only add more people to the list that will want to see YOU nerfed the next time.

Too bad people can't seem to not scream nerf at anything they see and don't look at the things they do have (in the case of traders an awfull lot). Fine so be it.

/me joins the legions of NERF criers at anything she sees then.
    Last edited by Hayake; Oct 5th, 2002 at 14:33:53.

Seems I pissed off Hayake.

First, I don't think an emotional response is going to do much aside from make you feel better.

Second, you mistake my intentions on the LLTS nerf thread. I have no desire to see MAs or any other melee profession nerfed. As a matter of fact, I'm perfectly content having MAs and enforcers kill me with no difficulty whatsoever. My posts in that thread are purely in response to the idiotic convulsions by a few MAs trying to defend themselves using distortions of any valid logic.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Arrow

Purely for the reason traders wish MA's (and melee classes in general - the llts issue) nerfed
    WTF is up with people?

Because one moron who happens to play "their" class demands a nerf of [insert whine here], that makes "their" class a nerfcrier about something?

Make divest/plunder AMS only, fine whatever, I know I haven't cared about that kind of change ever, though I'm not an arrogant little pissant that thinks I speak for every member of "my" class. (You do have to sign in blood that drains will not be touched when we are able to reduce mob damage, like it friggin should. The crazy ones like garzu won't ever stfu until we are worthless)

NERFS != FUN

MAs are the most played profession. Doesn't mean they need to be nerfed. FC should take a look and say "how can we make the other professions AS POPULAR AS mas?" granted its not possible since some people will then swap profs, but that should be the goal. Make all professions desirable.

Profession hate is bad, keep spreading it around and see what happens. Another year of this crap won't do the game any good.

/pulls hair out

I know this sounds like a silly post, but I am just so angry with all the traders crying for an ma/melee nerf.
    Where? Unless they're coming into MA forum or something I don't really read.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

has anyone noticed that there have been about 1000 trader nerf posts? as opposed to like 0-1 nerf other proffesions in pvp posts in the past i dunno 6 months.. does that not tell you that even though some of the people crying nerf may be wrong that there is a general overall concencus in the community?

If you nerf a traders drains you take them out of pvp, it's all they have. It would be like demanding that MAs can't equip guns because it makes them too powerful in PVP, or soldiers can only use TMS in 75%+ gas, or all stun effects from all nanos and shen are removed from PVP.

If you are going to nurf trader drains, nurf doc INI debuffs, Nano shutdown and all the NT nano/armor/evades debuffs to 0 effect as well. Now make damage 100% and remove caps, then PVP can be what you want it to be, a part of the game where only soldiers and enforcers can participate, and whoever has the best scope and gets the best outside buffs wins.

Hayake, I always thought you were cool and one of the top MAs to team with, but why the hell do you have to turn debates into personal attacks?

Do I have to remind you that sound arguments are your best weapons, not cheap shots like this against me and everyone else that put their time and money into playing a trader?

Originally posted by Hayake
    I vote yes: nerf them to hell and back, nerf them in pvm too
    Don't keep spitting in the wind. We're not against you. --- We're against the stupid scope nerf.

Half

Originally posted by Halfdeck

Hehe Stain, Max NR and 1 cluster aint gonna help. My base NR maxed is 660, but my actual NR is 954. North has 1k+ NR so I think you can match that.

BTW Meligantm like I can't kill an MA with dimach/shen up, a doc with 1k+ NR or 1hb Enf, you can't kill a trader as a soldier. Its just the way it is -- unless you got your NR way up there, which I think you haven't, because if you have it at 900+ you wouldnt be posting this thread.

Half
    I just don't get why everyone should have 1k+ nano resist and full def to resist a nano. Stian's an NT and he has green nano resist...so...it's basically like saying professions with blue/dark blue nano resist should not have the ability to resist anything besides roots.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

They don't all have to have 1k NR. My maxed base NR is 660 -- is that absurdly above average compared to all other profession/breeds?

The point is this: You have the MEANS to resist plunders. Instead of taking advantage of it I hear too many people with low unimplanted NR whining about plunders.

No, you can't resist my plunder with 300 NR. That's like expecting not to get crit on with 300 evades. No one told you you gotta raise evade/dodge/duck either. If you want to run around with 100 dodge-ranged, its up to you. But don't blame me if I crit on you 5x in a row.

Also, just because I'm a trader doesnt mean I don't get debuffed to death in 2ho. When clanners have a doc/trader/mp on their side, who do you think they debuff first? ME.

Every time I zoned in from 10-3 the other night, I kept getting hit simultaneously with NSD, UBT, Divest, plunder... 2-3 hours of constant zoning to heal up and wait out debuffs....So just because I can divest/plunder doesnt mean I don't know the aggravation of being drained.

There's a reason why I raised my 660 NR to 954 -- and its not so I can resist my own plunders 22 times out of 32 either.

Half
    Last edited by Halfdeck; Oct 5th, 2002 at 19:19:11.

They don't all have to have 1k NR. My maxed base NR is 660 -- is that absurdly above average compared to all other profession/breeds?

The point is this: You have the MEANS to resist plunders. Instead of taking advantage of it I hear too many people with low unimplanted NR whining about plunders.

No, you can't resist my plunder with 300 NR. That's like expecting not to get crit on with 300 evades. No one told you you gotta raise evade/dodge/duck either. If you want to run around with 100 dodge-ranged, its up to you. But don't blame me if I crit on you 5x in a row.

Also, just because I'm a trader doesnt mean I don't get debuffed to death in 2ho. When clanners have a doc/trader/mp on their side, who do you think they debuff first? ME.

Every time I zoned in from 10-3 the other night, I kept getting hit simultaneously with NSD, UBT, Divest, plunder... 2-3 hours of constant zoning to heal up and wait out debuffs....So just because I can divest/plunder doesnt mean I don't know the aggravation of being drained.

There's a reason why I raised my 660 NR to 954 -- and its not so I can resist my own plunders 22 times out of 32 either.

Half
    If stian maxed it, and then the 42 faded cluster is added, it should be around that number of yours...why is it he is having problems?

But still you seem to prove my point...you only resisted when you had 954 NR, close enough to 1k - Meaning lower levels and people like soldiers who have dark blue nano resist have a substansially harder time and at the same time are more vulnerable to roots. apparently 660 NR wasn't enough right? It wouldnt have been at a lower level too, so when i say 'nano resist is broken' i am not talking about when you have it around 800+ but the fact that only certain profs will have a chance at making it worth the IP, and that it works for a matter of 1/4 of the game's level span..
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Half
    Serious argument here for ma's about nanoresist. Implanting shining nanoresist = not ever being able to selfcast uvc, so that simply is not an option.

Other than that I frankly do not care whatever happens or doesn't happen to traders as long as I don't get nerfed in the process.

It's not my profession and unlike some others I don't feel the need to make myself more uber at the expense of others.

I just had to vent some steam as in the llts discussion 4 traders and 4 docs are good on their way to convince FC to get ma's and melee classes nerfed bigtime.

And no this was not meant against traders in general there are a lot of cool traders around and a lot of cool docs as well.

My issue was that SOME traders seem to have trouble in accepting the fact that nowadays they will occasionaly lose a fight against an enforcer or ma. (stress occasionally btw)

I just have a hard time dealing with some traders crying for a melee profession nerf in the llts discussion.

Traders, who are probably the profession complained about the most and so by all means should know that nerfs are not the answer, and would be much better off not crying for nerfs on other professions.

Defend your own profession fine. Ask for boosts to yr own profession equally fine.

Cry for nerfs on another profession = about the lowest you can go.

I'm sorry to have unduly made a blanket statement against all traders which was not my intention. I just hope the whiner, nerfcrying traders got my hint.

And halfdeck it wasn't meant as a personal statement against you. Although you did cry for a nerf on ma's initially unlike some others you seem to have backed off in that discussion. I have no idea whether that is because you reconsidered yr opinion or because you decided it's not very nice to cry for nerfs on someone else.

And yes I like you half and I also like many other traders I met, I have no wish to see their enjoyment of the game nerfed.

And aaronb, after calming down I reread some posts of you in that thread and they aren't as unbalanced as I thought at first.

However you know as well as I do that suggestions like up base fist damage, to compensate for the loss in crits, will never be implemented by FC, or maybe they will after a year of gimpdom

That is how FC works, ma's are a fine and nice class to play now.

Any changes into the negative will mean a decrease in my enjoyment of the game. If you feel you are underpowered vs MA's ask for a boost to your profession don't cry nerf on us.

Much like you in your own words : 'I just wish to be left alone'. However unlike you, I do not try to get towards that by focussing attention on some other profession.

/me has calmed down a little bit now
    Last edited by Hayake; Oct 5th, 2002 at 21:07:32.

Originally posted by Flak "Stromm" Tempest

If stian maxed it, and then the 42 faded cluster is added, it should be around that number of yours...why is it he is having problems?

But still you seem to prove my point...you only resisted when you had 954 NR, close enough to 1k - Meaning lower levels and people like soldiers who have dark blue nano resist have a substansially harder time and at the same time are more vulnerable to roots. apparently 660 NR wasn't enough right? It wouldnt have been at a lower level too, so when i say 'nano resist is broken' i am not talking about when you have it around 800+ but the fact that only certain profs will have a chance at making it worth the IP, and that it works for a matter of 1/4 of the game's level span..
    nano resist isnt brocken...just ask trader how much he cast it before its land

NI is light green for traders

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast