Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should Trader's drains be halved in PvP?

Should Trader's drains be halved in PvP?

Vote here: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=55813

And discuss

/raises flame shield

Jitta - RK2

EDIT: Go here first if you think i'm making up the need for the DEBUFF side of the nano being nerfed: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=56278
    Last edited by Meligant; Oct 5th, 2002 at 03:54:25.

No. Just either delete the entire profession, or, alternatively, do not allow them to PvP.

People who want nerfs will never be happy until one or both of those things occur.

If AO PvP was designed around mass PvP similar to Daoc, instead of antiquated duel system like in EQ, you'll have less whines or cries for nerf.

Half

It´s good as it is now, I don´t want anymore nerfing at all...FC just change the rules every patch...
    moon meeh

NO MORE NERF'S....
    Othgar
    Omni-Tek Master Assassin
    Skitch
    Omni-Tek NT (Testlive)

NO MORE NERF CRYING

Simply said;

Damage uncapped
    Debuffs uncapped
    Heals uncapped

or

Damage capped
    Debuffs capped
    heals capped

My suggestion would be the first without doubt. Just keep the max 40% of total hp in each shot, and 100% damage other than that.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

give traders a break

1) Keep it so traders get FULL benefit of the drain but maybe wipe it out on the player or make it a little less (make sure to not allow traders to drain themselves by that method)...

2) Make it so Deprive/Ransack and Divest/Plunder combo's dont stack?

Just suggestions....dont mind either way but i see people that get debuffed just zone and wait it out....kinda pointless and reoccuring.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

Re: give traders a break

Originally posted by Patk9
    Just suggestions....dont mind either way but i see people that get debuffed just zone and wait it out....kinda pointless and reoccuring.
    Yeah, kept getting NSD, UBT, divest, plunder on me last night in 2ho for 2 hours straight..had to zone and wait out the debuffs after every squirmish.

Probably the way 2ho is set up is more to blame than debuffs, the way i see it. I don't mind a new pvp area that no one can zone out of, large zone with ql 200+ guards for both sides on each end of the zone, to provide safe areas to recruit/regroup. Then just fight till you die.

I'm using less and less drains in 2ho now when I want to keep clanners away from the bunkers.

Half

i considered this a while ago. It seems like a reasaonable compromise but i dont think it'll help how we're seen/treated by other professionsl.
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

Much to my surprise, I find myself sort of agreeing with Eaze. Either cap it all or cap nothing. When I say all, I mean all - any mitigating or defensive benefit a profession might have. Otherwise, this foolishness will never stop.

why doesnt everyone who cries for trader nerfs not just simply play a trader if they are so uber ? i really dont get it. the numbers of fixers and mas went up remarkably after their love patches, why ´then has the number of traders always been lowest after crats if they always have been and still are uber ?

ps: the pvp system now is totally borked, but that isnt the traders' fault. making them unplayable wont fix pvp.

Originally posted by Abid
    i considered this a while ago. It seems like a reasaonable compromise but i dont think it'll help how we're seen/treated by other professionsl.
    And I followed up with the same suggestion in a thread a little while back. I've changed my opinion on this based on how nano resist works now, however. It's taking me multiple tries these days just to get divest to land on people who have the NR thing figured out. Usually those failures are enough for me to get beat up beyond recovery.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

I think if people realized nanoresist actually WORK, they would stop whining...
    Cudus :: eqp

PvP....It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

Originally posted by tallistro
    why doesnt everyone who cries for trader nerfs not just simply play a trader if they are so uber ? i really dont get it. the numbers of fixers and mas went up remarkably after their love patches, why ´then has the number of traders always been lowest after crats if they always have been and still are uber ?
    I think a lot of people do start trader alts, then quit when they realize how much work it is to play a trader. I've met more people in this game that have started and deleted trader alts than I have actual traders. People typically don't enjoy the challenge of our three minute exchange system.

Crats are also a blast to play if you enjoy your trader. The charms are a blast and very challenging to do well. It cracks me up when I screw up the charms and end up with three deep red mobs grinding me into meat

Re: Should Trader's drains be halved in PvP?

Originally posted by Meligant
    Vote here: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=55813

And discuss

/raises flame shield

Jitta - RK2
    No.
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

BUMP for 50% TMS duration in PvP

Originally posted by aaronb

I think a lot of people do start trader alts, then quit when they realize how much work it is to play a trader. I've met more people in this game that have started and deleted trader alts than I have actual traders. People typically don't enjoy the challenge of our three minute exchange system.
    I wouldn't exactly say challenging... its just tedious to keep drains up forever.
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

Originally posted by Tal

I wouldn't exactly say challenging... its just tedious to keep drains up forever.
    tedious/challenging, half-empty/half-full

I maintain divest/plunder, wrangle, do single-target heals, team heals, drain nano, health plunder, and mez during team missions. When I can afford to raise MC more, I'll incorporate AC drains and distribution. I'm busy and I enjoy the challenge of keeping it all flowing. Some people view it as tedious, and that's why they don't continue playing a trader or play it weakly.

you can not kill anyone and everyone you wish in this game.

as soon as you all realize that and adjust your thinking you will be alot happier.

some classes will always dominate others, that's the way it should be.

i can't touch a fixer, not at all just ask argulace.
    i am pretty evenly matched against soldiers, win most, lose some.
    i own traders almost 100% of the time now in 1 on 1.

the flip side of this is that traders own fixers (or so i hear) that to me is even. i can't kill them but someone else can. do i think fixers should be nerfed so i can kill them? NO, absolutely not. i just stay away from them. let the trader kill them and i'll take on the trader.

so far as i can see, this game was not programmed around solo play, not for pvm and particularly not for pvp. so to all of you that think you should be able to kill every prof. out there and never be owned by any, think again it aint gonna happen. learn who you can beat and stay away from the others, let someone else kill them

(edit) i changed my mind and my sig. i wanna see Grid armor nerfed for just one day, hey, i got my reasons too :P
    Last edited by Alli; Oct 5th, 2002 at 02:42:59.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast