Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Notum Dovvetech GUI 4.3

And how about an entirely new colour scheme with significantly less changes, as a single default one?
    My biggest problem always was the OOC/Org/Team chat colours which are almost identical in the default scheme, while I didn't really like some of the changes in the Notum scheme myself.

Something like this:

Info headline -> "Grey Notum"
    Info header -> "Bright Notum"
    Info text -> "Dark Notum"

Control Center header -> "Bright Notum"

Chat command error -> Red
    OOC chat -> (same)
    Org chat -> "Dark Notum"
    Team chat -> "Grey Notum"
    Whisper -> Grey

And the rest would be the same as in the game default.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Org chat in the current notum xls was dark pink to me, as was private channels. That's why I copied only the info window over from notum xml to the default xml. But yeah, what you suggested above looks really good!
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Question Suggestions welcome

Since I'm starting to see a small list of non-critical changes, both functional and internal, accumulating on my todo list slowly building up towards a possible new ndGUI version, it seems to be a good time to remind you to post suggestions or problems you'd like to see implemeneted/addressed.

Things on the list so far:
    • Revert the Wear button in the Char menu to the previous "single click" functionality without the submenu for the wear lock button; with the individual slot lock function this might get used less often now, and will still be available from the Quick Options menu
    • Simplified "Notum" text colour scheme containing only minimal changes over the game default scheme
    • Small tweak to the default SoftMenu config you get on first time install to make it a bit more useful
    • Changing the default fade goup of the static shortcutbar numbers to fade in/out with the menubar
    • Some small texture fixes
    • Some internal changes which should result in ndGUI requiring conmpatibility updates less often
    • Maybe a very simplistic command-line tool to configure the customization options through a text based menu system instead of having to copy/rename files manually

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."

Looks good! Can't wait for the update
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

when I 1st logged in after installing Darktech Glass my icons on bottom of screen were ovals and not the boxes they're supposed to be. Now that is fixed itself I do have to say ovals were way more visually appealing and modern looking. I wonder if you can add that(if you understand what I mean or you've seen that bug too)? I should have taken a screenshot to post

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    And how about an entirely new colour scheme with significantly less changes, as a single default one?
    My biggest problem always was the OOC/Org/Team chat colours which are almost identical in the default scheme, while I didn't really like some of the changes in the Notum scheme myself.

Something like this:

Info headline -> "Grey Notum"
    Info header -> "Bright Notum"
    Info text -> "Dark Notum"

Control Center header -> "Bright Notum"

Chat command error -> Red
    OOC chat -> (same)
    Org chat -> "Dark Notum"
    Team chat -> "Grey Notum"
    Whisper -> Grey

And the rest would be the same as in the game default.
    I like the current Info Headline, Header, Text colors you have. But the magenta/purple orgchat, ugly gold colored shopping chat, and faded/hard to read blue for team chat needs to be re-worked.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

^ Second!

Quote Originally Posted by GCBacon View Post
    when I 1st logged in after installing Darktech Glass my icons on bottom of screen were ovals and not the boxes they're supposed to be. Now that is fixed itself I do have to say ovals were way more visually appealing and modern looking. I wonder if you can add that(if you understand what I mean or you've seen that bug too)? I should have taken a screenshot to post
    That's not a bug but a result of incorrect installation.

Adapting the original GUI textures for use with ndGUI, that could be interesting... The default GUI isn't half as bad visually, it only wastes too much screen space for useless things, so the visual part could be reused in a more efficient manner.
    I guess I could experiment with it a bit some time to see if it would work as a new theme.

Update: Apperently the "Store Patch" rendered the "Transform and Lighting" option, of my video card, unstable.

So I can have frequesnt crashes and crappy FPS - or good FPS. Not Crashing, wins ...

Quote Originally Posted by Waylayer View Post
    Update: Apperently the "Store Patch" rendered the "Transform and Lighting" option, of my video card, unstable.

So I can have frequesnt crashes and crappy FPS - or good FPS. Not Crashing, wins ...
    Yep, that's how it goes; sometimes a "fix" will actually create an even worse situation for some players than the original problem was. Business as usual.

I guess can feel lucky that my current ATi card appears to be a lot less affected by these issues (actually, I think I'm only getting the Z-fighting on intersecting distant meshes) than the previous one was.

*checking every day*

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    *checking every day*
    Heh...

The new version is mostly done, only needs some more checking and possible tweaks to the config tool.

The colour scheme ended up being different from what I posted earlier as the "Notum" colours didn't really work in borderless chat window mode.
    OOC and Org chat will remain green only tweaked to stand apart somewhat better, and Team Chat will be a brighter version of the Raid Chat (which is slightly darker than the default) as it seemed near impossible to find a third shade of green which is different enough from the other two. So now the two (combat-)team related chat will have similar, matching colours.

I'm waiting for the "holiday" game update to be rolled out to testlive to see if there will be GUI related changes, and the new ndGUI version will probably be released when that game update goes live (I'd guess this Thursday or next Tuesday).

Thanks for keeping this legendary GUI alive! It really should be the default GUI for AO, and have the current default one left as an option for those who insist on using a cluttered, fugly, unintuitive GUI as their primary choice.

*shakes fist in the general direction of the devs*

18.4.2 was supposed to be rolled out to testlive on Tuesday. Well, it sort of was, since Tuesday late night (GMT) is still Tuesday...
    And half a day later it gets rolled out to live, as opposed to on Thursday, which was mentioned previously.

Luckily, at least it doesn't seem to require an ndGUI update so I have time to wrap up some remaining work on v4.34. I'm aiming for a release around this Thursday/Friday.

I can confirm there's no changes to the default GUI, nor the texture files. ("diff" shows no difference, anyway)
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Exclamation ndGUI v4.34/18.4.0 available

ndGUI v4.34/18.4.0 is now available.

For details and download location, see the first post of the thread.

Because of the nature of the changes in this update, it has to be applied in a specific way, which is described in the News section of the ndGUI site.
    Last edited by Honorbound; Dec 16th, 2010 at 16:31:35.

Works, flawlessly! Muchos gracias

New Config tool works great.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Awesome new tool.

Chat colors are nice too, especially the team and raid.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Is there any way to make the bar that inclues AGG/def bar,credit etc etc not trasparency but always visible without move the mouse on it?

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast