Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Notum Dovvetech GUI 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaloot View Post
    Ahh I see. So basically there is no need to update, correct?

Also, your site is not available.
    No, basicaly there IS every need to update. If it's a compatibility update (which this one is, as indicated clearly in the changelog) and also marked as required in the changelog, then it has to be installed.

I don't see how could I put it more clearly...

The sites seems to work fine for me, but I'm indeed not seeing any traffic or downloads (yet). Can someone else confirm if it's working or not?

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Nope it doesn't work and I really need to patch so I can play again.

Website Under Review

You are seeing this page because the system administrator of 000webhost.com is currently checking this website for malicious content. This redirect page will be removed once we finish manually checking all files on this account. Since we check over 100 websites per day, it can take about 2-4 hours to complete. If you are the owner of this website, you will get an email confirmation once it's done. If you are a visitor, please come back later.

May I suggest posting a release notification over at http://aodevs.com/, and attach the GUI files to the thread there? It appears this would be less complicated..
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

FFS... Apparently they drop a tracker cookie on the browser from which the account was managed last time so the owner thinks everything's working fine, while everyone else just gets that review in progress page.

Funny people, really.

So, anyone knows a reliable free host without ads to store like 5 megs, and with maybe some basic PHP support, where you don't get fraked over like this? I'm starting to get really pissed here...

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."

Geocities? :P
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Quote Originally Posted by Kari
    Some good news!

These changes are an overlay, so if you make the 10 overlay files transparent you get your old icons back.

Some less good news, this needs it's own custom gui . Easy for people using the default, as you can make your own gui with just the 10 changed images, not so good for anyone using a 3rd-party one unless you want to hack it.

Files to make totally transparent are:

GFX_GUI_ICONTYPEFRAME40_(YELLOW|BLUE|GREEN|RED|WHI TE).png
    GFX_GUI_ICONTYPEFRAME32_(YELLOW|BLUE|GREEN|RED|WHI TE).png

Follow the instructions in the "how to skin AO thread" in Knowledge Database, and you're good to go.

Doesn't put the perk icons back or make the hotbars smaller, I'm investigating whether the size is in XML or hardcoded somewhere.
    A chance we could get this for ndGUI?
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

Unhappy Rollback...

Since at the moment I do have access (after a 10 hour outage) again to the host I was using previously, I've reactivated that one.

So we're back to the usual notum|dovvetech GUI site, where the 18.4.1 compatibility update should be in fact available (and not just to me)... I hope.

Sorry about all the mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    A chance we could get this for ndGUI?
    Not much.
    I don't feel like creating a "with" and a '"without" variant of all the theme packages just for this, and there's no other way to do it than building an alternate version of all 6.

Since those frames are added simply as an "overlay" texture on top of the icons, I doubt it would take too much of an effort to make them optional by whoever came up with this totally pointless "improvement". Maybe if enough people suggest it...

Here is a medium size thread on wanting the old icons back.

Heh... I think I just found a neat trick which seems to allow me to get rid of the nano icon frames without having to make a completely separate set of theme files.

For now, it was just a quick feasibility test, but I should be able to make an experimental addon to test some time tomorrow for at least some of the themes, maybe for all of them.

Nice, can't wait.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Psyched!

Hyped!!!!
    R.I.P. AO

Exclamation Nanoicon border remover patches available

A set of Theme patches have been released with which you can remove the borders added to the nano icons in the 18.4.0 game update.

For details and download location, see the first post of the thread.

You and Xyphos.... what would the community do without you guys...??

Nice, thanks for this change. What the hell were the AO Devs smoking when they made these ugly borders?
    R.I.P. AO

First, I have no idea if this is related to the GUI.

However, since the previous update (not the most recent) my client freezes whenever I "mech up" in a BS. The freeze (more like a crash except that the image never leaves the screen) happens just as the transition to mech should complete.

I could resort to the default UI to see if that resolves the issue; but if I have to choose between "Mech Crashing" and using the standard UI - I will choose to not Mech.

Oh, on one occasion I crashed when I was watching another person Mech ...

You should try the default UI for a while to rule out the possibility of it being caused by the custom UI.
    It does sound like your AO install is somehow corrupted, though.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Waylayer View Post
    However, since the previous update (not the most recent) my client freezes whenever I "mech up" in a BS. The freeze (more like a crash except that the image never leaves the screen) happens just as the transition to mech should complete.
    It's very unlikely that a custom GUI would have anything to do with it, since being in a mech doesn't change how the GUI looks or works.

However, for the LE content, new modelling / skinning methods were used in all the jetbikes and mechs which did (and in some cases still do) cause some rendering issues and instabilities.
    For example, there was a time when the game crashed (for me) when a jetbike or mech was on screen for more than 30-40 seconds at a time, or when I've seen them several times for shorter periods during a single play session.
    These issues silently went away and came back patch by patch for some of the players; looks like they yet again managed to resurrect one of them...

I also seem to remember a time when there was a general "meching up crashes the client" issue experienced by some players.
    Last edited by Honorbound; Dec 1st, 2010 at 10:00:50.

Consider swapping the text colors in the info window (when you press T on someone/something) from the standard green to the ones in the Notum colors xml (blue'ish). They are so much better, and fit a lot better with the over all theme!

The other chat channel colors should stay as they are (default).

Edit: What I mean by this is that you should make the default text color in the info window to that of the current optional notum xml colors. Hope that made sense!

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast