Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Notum Dovvetech GUI 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    Okay well I downloaded it and Extracted it to my Anarchy Online Folder and when i open ao and click Setting Gui and when i click change it doesn't do anything. It wont open a window to select a def gui from or anything. Can someone please help me >.< I really want a new GUI. ive downloaded it twice.
    Read a bit more carefullly... This problem is specifically mentioned in the Installation section: click on the Set Default button if the Change button doesn't do anything at first, then on Change again, which should now work.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Okay I got it installed and now all the Text is black i followed the steps on http://www.freeweb.hu/ndgui/index.html#install

None of my windows will how up and it said something like GUI failed loading when i tried to open up a Window. WHen i push F10 to bring up my prefs the pref box is empty >.< And i cant revery back to the original gui now. Plz help ( Im not that computer savy when it come to stuff like this sorry But i do love the look of it.

None of my windows will how up and it said something like GUI failed loading when i tried to open up a Window. WHen i push F10 to bring up my prefs the pref box is empty
    This means you have extracted the files into the wrong location, or have mistyped the /setoption GUIName "ndGUI" command.

The "Returning to the game default GUI" section explains how to undo a (failed) install; the chat windows and the Tweak GUI window can still be used even then.

The packages need to be extracted into the "Anarchy Online" folder. Each package contains a "cd_image" folder, which is also present in the "Anarchy Online" folder it needs to be put into; if you can't see it in the folder you are trying to extract them, then you're not at the right place.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."

In addittion I downloaded the Edge instead of Dark and tried to install that one. Well no menu's will open and when i try to open my LFT search window by pushing Shift+F it crashes my client. No menus will open no windows. Nothing. this is going to suck if i have to re-install AO -.-

>.< I put them in Anarchy Online Folder. Which folder do i DL it to Sorry to be a pain im just confused. If i Move my current CD image file to a dif location if i exctract the new gui folder to Anarchy online will it work? I really love this GUI and would like to have it installed correctly. If you have the patience i would greatly appriciate it. when i download the ZIP file i download it to my documents file. And then i click extract all to my Anarchy online folder then open my Ao client and i goto settings >GUI>Change> and i selected GUIGFX.UVGA as the GUI.

Okay Re- Installing AO. WHen I went to the website that you provided for the download I did everything Properly to a T so im not too sure what I have Done wrong. but earlier when i went to extract the files to my Anarchy Online Folder it kept asking me if I wanted to Copy such and such file&folder. And if i wanted to replace such and such file. It got me so confused. I dont know if thats Supposed to happen? But yea.

After extracting everything to the AO folder I did /setoption GUIName "ndGUI" in my chat box. And then it said the Click Shift+ctrl+F7 and I clicked reload menus and thats when all my Windows Disappeared. And i continued to the next step opening F10 to view preferences. But, When i opened it my Pref window was Blank. So thats when I gave up >.<

Sorry i am such a nub just love this GUI help Appriciated.
    Last edited by Asclepius; Nov 19th, 2010 at 01:41:47.

Just a quick question, is it intended when using Edge version that there's no window-header border? So that "i" "lock" and "X" buttons are just floating outside? I quite like it, just wondering if it's intentional or me t hat screwed something up
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Just a quick question, is it intended when using Edge version that there's no window-header border?
    Yes, it's intentional.

Since the "dovvetech edge" and "darktech mini" variants hardly differed from their base versions, in the v4.33b->v4.33 (optional) update I added a few small things that sets them apart a little better. It may be a bit confusing, since the header is still there (you can grab it to move the window around, and not seeing anything there may give the impression of being able to click "through" that area to select something in the game world), only there's no visible indication of it now.
    Last edited by Honorbound; Nov 19th, 2010 at 17:02:49.

Just popping in to say Dovvetech has been my gui for some 7 odd years now! Thanks for continuing the legacy
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

I guess no help with Install? All good. Guess I cant use it then. Sorry I dont get how to do all tht computer stuff on my pc.

I guess no help with Install? All good. Guess I cant use it then. Sorry I dont get how to do all tht computer stuff on my pc.
    As rude as it may sound, I have to agree.
    If you are unable to copy two sets of files to the right folder, change a setting in the game launcher and issue a chat command in the game, then there's nothing I can do to help you any further.

I haven't really bothered to ask about this before, because it never bugged me that much, but I'm not sure whether or not something is wrong with my installation.

Look at the bottom "status bar" in your preview picture.

Now, look at my status bar in GUI. See the buttons to the left of the agg/def slider? Or rather, I don't see them :P You know why this is? They are not labeled with "Char", "Info" and "Misc" like yours are.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    See the buttons to the left of the agg/def slider? Or rather, I don't see them :P You know why this is? They are not labeled with "Char", "Info" and "Misc" like yours are.
    That's most likely because you didn't update your theme file since January.
    Button labels have been changed from pure text to textures in v4.32 but your outdated theme doesn't contain them, hence no button labels.

When the ndGUI changelog say "required", and the theme package is listed as changed, you need to update that too.
    Hmm... Maybe the wording isn't clear enough about this.

Hehe, yeah I guess I haven't updated the theme package. I did download and applied the update for it, but I'm still missing one button, and WTF! the perk actions button is gone it seems?!

pic

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    Hehe, yeah I guess I haven't updated the theme package. I did download and applied the update for it, but I'm still missing one button, and WTF! the perk actions button is gone it seems?!
    The only thing I can think of right now is that at some point (maybe just now) you've applied a Core patch to an earlier Core version than which it was meant for, and thus some of the core files you have are outdated.
    I'd recommend downloading the full Core package, deleting your current core files (the entire "Anarchy Online\cd_image\gui\ndGUI" folder), then extracting the full and up to date Core package into the AO install dir. You may also have to check and reenable some parts of the GUI or some menus after this in Options, as you seem to have quite a mess of files currently, some of which may contain the old names of some ndGUI variables which were renamed since then, and that will cause the affected elements to revert to a turned off state.

The patch packages are to be used only when you have the immediate previous version installed as they are incremental, not cumulative; they contain only the latest changes from the previous version.

The perk actions button seems to be simply turned off (otherwise you'd be seeing an empty button there too); after you've installed the latest full Core package, make sure you have it enabled in Options/ndGUI/Settings (you may have to reload the GUI after reenabling it, but this shouldn't be necessary all the time, just now to fix whatever caused it to get turned off).

Works like a charm now! Thanks for the advice

Now to set up all my raid bars again on 4 characters........... *dies*

Exclamation ndGUI v4.33/18.4.1 available

ndGUI v4.33/18.4.1 is now available.

For details and download location, see the first post of the thread.
    Last edited by Honorbound; Nov 25th, 2010 at 15:35:45.

What exactly was changed in Latest changes - 2010-Nov-24: 4.33/18.4.0 -> 4.33/18.4.1?
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaloot View Post
    What exactly was changed in Latest changes - 2010-Nov-24: 4.33/18.4.0 -> 4.33/18.4.1?
    No changes on ndGUI functional level that would be of interest to users, that's why no specifics are listed.
    It's a pure compatibility update with internal changes only; the bind definitions in CharPrefs had to be updated to the new version that allows defining the "global" arrow key functions and other things I coulnd't identify at a glance.

Ahh I see. So basically there is no need to update, correct?

Also, your site is not available.
    Last edited by Ninjaloot; Nov 25th, 2010 at 11:56:45.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast