Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Notum Dovvetech GUI 4.3

Will it screw things over if I log into my newly patched 18.4 client with the "old" dovvetech skin?
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

most likely u will not see the new options, thats what usualy happens
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

Angry

*sigh* Sorry, folks, a bit more patience...

Everything's good to go, except I can't log in to this fraking host to upload the update. I'll keep trying for the next few hours, but the error message I'm getting isn't particularly encouraging...

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I took the dive and logged in. Nothing that messed up the gui. But you need to bind the item store to a new key to access it.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Exclamation ndGUI v4.33/18.4.0 available

ndGUI v4.33/18.4.0 is now available.

For details and download location, see the first post of the thread.
    Last edited by Honorbound; Nov 18th, 2010 at 09:44:49. Reason: ndGUI page finally updated

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."

Thanks for the update!

Not sure if this falls under the texture fixes you made in this update, but I noticed the other day there is a white line across the AXP bar in the "Darktech" GUI version about 1/3 of the way up from the bottom.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

it works good so far. but my hotbars are kinda distorted

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/93/hotbars.jpg

guess it has something to do with the new bordered nanos and the new stretched hotbars.

is there a way to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Exxxie View Post
    guess it has something to do with the new bordered nanos and the new stretched hotbars.

is there a way to fix this?
    Yes.
    Don't driver-force antialiasing onto AO, or you'll get such artifacts on certain GUI elements. It has nothing to do with ndGUI. If you look closely, the HP and nano kits in the upper row also have these artifacts.
    Last edited by Honorbound; Nov 17th, 2010 at 19:43:59.

Oh no, more artifacting now when forcing AA? WTB new engine plx.
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    Yes.
    Don't driver-force antialiasing onto AO, or you'll get such artifacts on certain GUI elements. It has nothing to do with ndGUI.
    you're right, i'm forcing aa via graphics driver. i already suspected aa causing that.

but before today (pre 18.4) there were no artifacts at all anywhere on the gui or somewhere else even with forced aa and af.

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Not sure if this falls under the texture fixes you made in this update, but I noticed the other day there is a white line across the AXP bar in the "Darktech" GUI version about 1/3 of the way up from the bottom.
    Checked the textures themselves, no problem there, and I don't get this in the game either. Is the bar empty or filled when you get this? Could you post a screenshot some time?
    Or maybe it's also some artifact from antialiasing (judging by your last post, you are using it for AO)?

Quote Originally Posted by Exxxie View Post
    you're right, i'm forcing aa via graphics driver. i already suspected aa causing that.

but before today (pre 18.4) there were no artifacts at all anywhere on the gui or somewhere else even with forced aa and af.
    Yes, it's because the shortcutbars are now rendered differently than before, and the devs tend to generally mess with the renderer with each update, so visual glitches just come and go.

Some people get artifacts on certain elements, under certain circumstances, others don't. Sometimes I get the feeling that the current render engine is more and more held together only by the digital equivalent of duct tape... WTB new render engine, ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    Checked the textures themselves, no problem there, and I don't get this in the game either. Is the bar empty or filled when you get this? Could you post a screenshot some time?
    Or maybe it's also some artifact from antialiasing (judging by your last post, you are using it for AO)?
    Well, I'm at work right now, so can't post a screenshot until later...will check it with and without AA tonight.

It appears whether it's empty or filled, but when it's filled it's "behind" the green, what I mean by that is that you can only see the very ends of the white bar extending barely past the edges of green where the bar has filled in already. To me it doesn't really look like it's caused by the AA artifacting as other areas of the GUI I get lines in do not appear to be solid white like this, they are more transparent.
    Last edited by Autohead; Nov 17th, 2010 at 22:03:22.

possible that this gui doesn't save the keybindings made in Game or in config self ?

Is the loss of red/green colour for the words Friendly and Hostile in the NCU window a function of the GUI update (using Notum Edge) or a function of the game update? Really hoping there's a way to get the colours back becasye the warning Red colour is what I look out for

Edit: my bad, looks like it's a game update thing, not to do with the GUI. And Hostile is still red, it's just Friendly that's lost it's green.
    Last edited by Ophiuchus; Nov 17th, 2010 at 23:08:11.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Yashimitzu View Post
    possible that this gui doesn't save the keybindings made in Game or in config self ?
    In theory, yes, if I had failed to copy some of the required variables from the default GUI to ndGUI. However, I've remapped some movement keys, and those did get saved properly, so in general, remapping and saving should work.

You may have some file permission problems, or maybe mapping certain keys doesn't get saved because the required variables are missing from the CharPrefs template (and thus were not added to ndGUI either).

yeah char templates were missing, wrote manually and works

Exclamation Back in business

Finally managed to regain access to the host of the regular ndGUI page; the page is now updated with the changes and the packages are available for download at the usual location.

Just an update, the white line that used to be in my AXP bar is now gone with this update. So, whatever you say to have fixed with the textures must have taken care of it...or who knows what was causing it. Now there is no white line regardless of forced AA or not.

Okay well I downloaded it and Extracted it to my Anarchy Online Folder and when i open ao and click Setting Gui and when i click change it doesn't do anything. It wont open a window to select a def gui from or anything. Can someone please help me >.< I really want a new GUI. ive downloaded it twice.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast