Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Notum Dovvetech GUI 4.3

There's a new chat channel as well, btw, "Me cast nano" that doesn't have chat color.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

charprefs.xml error
    what do i change to those files to get it working?
    Thedevil 220/30 Adventurer
    My Collage

Quote Originally Posted by TheDdevil View Post
    charprefs.xml error
    what do i change to those files to get it working?
    Doesn't this only happen if you choose to overwrite the default GUI ?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

possible, downloaded orginal gui patched up and changed back to dovvetech. can login now.
    i lost my right scroll bar somehow though but will get that back with some messing around
    Thedevil 220/30 Adventurer
    My Collage

So, time for updates on the latest woes of post-patch gui issues. I'll start off with what I've encountered so far.

First thing I tried to do was use the character lock feature patched in. Wasn't showing up in Dovve Edged so I logged out and set the gui to default. Logged back in and found a frankenstein mix between dovve and default. Seems Dovve is still active to some degree as well. The f7 menus is still accessible.
    Solsfedaykin 220/70/23 Soli Adv
    Shivj00 220/70/30 Trox Shade
    Solsxtitan 150/x/x Trox Enfo

Exclamation ndGUI v4.33b / 18.3.2 available

ndGUI v4.33b/18.3.2 is now available.

For details and download location, see the first post of the thread.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Folks, seriously, it would help if you actually waited for ndGUI to be updated before starting to complain about how it doesn't work.

Of course it doesn't until I get a chance to actually update it...
    Even if I prepare everything based on the last patch on test, I still have to verify that it actually works on live, then upload the packages and update the site and the thread.

Plus, I'm not sitting here checking every 10 seconds to see if the servers are up already to be able to verify and relese the update immediately.
    As a matter of fact, it's a luck (for you, as being in my situation that allows doing so sucks big time in general) that I can currently afford speding as much time as I want on preparing the updates in advance and release them as soon as I can after a game update, otherwise it could be expected only somewhere within 12-24 hours at best.
    Last edited by Honorbound; May 4th, 2010 at 15:16:31.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."

just used the patch and so far the only thing i've noticed that is wrong is with the char, info, and misc tabs up at the top right.

http://img339.imageshack.us/i/buttonsj.png/

EDIT: i fixed it by cleaning it out and doing a reinstall
    Last edited by Cdogg421; May 4th, 2010 at 16:15:00.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

The patch should only be used if you have the immediate previous version installed (4.32 in this case) as indicated in the patch package name and the patching instructions.

Judging by the looks of it, you only had 4.31 installed (both the core and theme), but 4.32 (which was an optional update) included changes to the main menu buttons, so applying the 4.32->4.33b patch onto the 4.31 fileset you had broke the installation...

Since taking on the seemingly thankless task of keeping the Notum/Dovvetech themes alive I must say I am extremely grateful for all the effort you've put into this!

Once you go ndGUI ther's no going back

Thank you so much!

Thanks for keeping the GUI up to date. I could not play without it.

Thanks for the update!
    The Red Brotherhood

Thanks for the update

A quick question though.. would it perhaps be possible to add the wear lock to the soft menu options? Not sure if it would be possible, but would be a handy addition
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

Adding the wear lock toggle to the softmenu should be doable, with the usual problem of having to come up with an icon for it (hmm, a padlock, maybe) and updating the theme packages.
    Added to the list of changes to implement in the (near) future for now.

If we're already at the softmenu. Would a button to open/close the pet window be useful there, instead of having to go 2 levels deep into the char menu? I've been thinking about it for a while now.
    But I really need icon suggestions for that one. It doesn't even have a default icon to use as a reference or template, and I can't think of anything that says "pet window" in a 12 by 13 px image...

nvm
    Last edited by Intake; May 12th, 2010 at 21:06:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    Adding the wear lock toggle to the softmenu should be doable, with the usual problem of having to come up with an icon for it (hmm, a padlock, maybe) and updating the theme packages.
    Added to the list of changes to implement in the (near) future for now.

If we're already at the softmenu. Would a button to open/close the pet window be useful there, instead of having to go 2 levels deep into the char menu? I've been thinking about it for a while now.
    But I really need icon suggestions for that one. It doesn't even have a default icon to use as a reference or template, and I can't think of anything that says "pet window" in a 12 by 13 px image...
    As for the pet icon maybe the MP specific shop sign with the floating meatball? Its already got the neonish blue look u need for the button and its easily accesible
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Exclamation New WIP theme available: notum|cybertech

I have added two new, work-in-progress themes to the download page.

For further information and download location, see the first post of the thread.

I'd be interested in hearing what you think of them, likes and dislikes, problems, general opinions, etc.

Karbantartás miatt átmenetileg nem elérhető
    Az oldal a rendszer technikai karbantartása miatt nem érhető el. Köszönjük mindenki szíves megértését!

i get this error when i try to download the Notum themed version of the UI, i assume it is probably something to do with the file not being available?

EDIT: nvm looks like its the site that is unavailable, I guess I have to wait until it comes back online
    Last edited by Moyahno; May 23rd, 2010 at 18:12:40.

Yeah, the hosting service appears to be down at the moment, and since it's a host of local service scope, their interface, messages and whatnot are available only in the local language (Hungarian).

It should be back up eventually...

i was trying to modity, some parts of the gui to make it look like http://yfrog.com/jcui2yj (photoshopped over ages old picture), but all i get is purple/pink blocks.. wtb better support for gui-skinning :/
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast