Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Notum Dovvetech GUI 4.3

Thank you much for fixing this so quickly. I wish FC would adopt this work as the basis for a new default GUI.

Exclamation New host for ndGUI

Novagen has offered to host ndGUI for us under his rubi-ka.net domain, so the site's new URL is: http://ndgui.rubi-ka.net.

Since the previous one promptly and mysteriously died when I wasn't even completely finished yet with setting up the site on the new host, the old site is already (and unintentionally) unavailable. I'm yet to see if it comes back and I can keep it around as backup, or should I just nuke the whole thing...

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

How-to install video guide.
    Come with me as we bumble our way through this process.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17tEE8h4m1w
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Tyvm for your work, honorbound.

Installed today and was wondering if it is possible to stop fading out the mainbar?

Although I did not catch for what are these numbers left at the main bar. But guess I have to try a bit with options.

Quote Originally Posted by Siro View Post

Installed today and was wondering if it is possible to stop fading out the mainbar?

Although I did not catch for what are these numbers left at the main bar. But guess I have to try a bit with options.
    f10-gui-control center- control center low fade, put it to 100%. and i believe the numbers are meant to line up with a hot bar
    Last edited by Cdogg421; Jun 4th, 2015 at 17:34:00.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by Cdogg421 View Post
    f10-gui-control center- control center low fade, put it to 100%. and i believe the numbers are meant to line up with a hot bar
    worked, tyvm

Quote Originally Posted by Siro View Post

Although Cdogg42 already gave the brief answer, the Customization section of the ndGUI page also explains how fading can be configured.

The number bars (1-0) are a "legacy" function of the sort, from the time it was not possible to remap the hotkeys for the shortcutbar(s), and served as a visual aid to make it easier to know which number activates which slot on the shortcutbar (when aligned with a number bar). There are two alternate versions of it, which can also be used to show/hide aditional shortcutbars (tho I think that's also possible now via shortcuts instead of having to go to Options every time you need to add/remove some).

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."

Exclamation 4.3.4.6 TestLive Patch available

Misat0 created a patch to make ndGUI 4.3.4.5 compatible with the 18.8.0.x TestLive series, which is now available on the ndGUI page linked from the News 'n Stuff section.

For details and download location, see the first post of the thread.

Hopefully this will work with the Live version of the new engine coming today!

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Yesterdays patch on Testlive didn't change anything. Given we get that one on Live there shouldn't be any issues.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

The new engine options aren't available in this yet just so everyone knows. It works but can't change settings.

If you use the little TL patch Misat0 mentions (from Honourbound's post above), it does enable those options

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

If using the TL patch on live
    Do Not activate Hardware Mouse !
    It'll hide your mouse pointer, then GL guessing where it is to reclick the Hardware Mouse toggle box :P
    "Do, or do not, there is no try."
    Guru, Finalizer, Eternalist, Dictator, SupremeCreator
    /wts dysfunctional family MoK, P51, CoN, SBI
    Comic Strip - BBar's Tales of the Tickle (Chap.3) ©2004

Shouldn't be related to the GUI, though. I encountered the same glitch with the default GUI, too.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

http://i.imgur.com/5zZk5IV.jpg

I may have missed this but I cant seem to get the item names to show up.. just a black bar. this happens with any mouse hover over and with the list mode in my bank. Has anyone else had this or know how to fix it?

I used the testlive patch and the dark skin. Happens with the edge skin also.

NM! Copied the default game TextColors.xml to the ndGUI directory and that fixed it.
    Last edited by paperjockey; Jun 28th, 2015 at 22:38:12.

You did not update ndGUI to the 18.7.x line back in, umm, April, so it seems, when the item rarity colours were added to the TextColors.xml file, and the game defaults to black on colours which are not defined in a custom GUI. The 4.3.4.5 and 4.3.4.6_TL versions correctly have all required colour definition blocks in that file and thus work properly.

---

While I'm already here... As a general note regarding the 18.8.0 rollout, this couldn't have come at a worse time, as I currently have absolutely no time to keep track of what's changing across the two client versions (Dx7 vs. Dx9), split ndGUI to two and keep supporting both versions, not to mention the problem caused by the game suddenly having been bloated to about ten times the size (times two for Live and TestLive) because of which I currently can't even update my Live install to 18.8.0 until I uninstall/reinstall/move some stuff around (and/or buy a new drive )...

Unless there will be more GUI related changes (usually there aren't unless it's another major update), the 4.3.4.5 should be good and used for the Dx7 client, and that plus the 4.3.4.6_TL patch should be good and used for the Dx9 client.

Most of the problems people are having with 18.8 and the GUI can be solved by deleting the ndGUI folder;then re-downloading the core, the theme and the patch file and unzipping them into the folder that contained ndGUI in the same sequence.

So open the correct GUI folder by clicking the skins button, delete what's in there, then place the downloaded zip files into this folder right click each one selecting the "unzip to ndGUI" option in this sequence.
    1.CORE
    2.THEME
    3.PATCH
    Retype ndGUI !CASE SENSITIVE! into the "skin" entry bar and done.

Perhaps I'll make another video haha.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Exclamation 4.3.4.6b Open Beta Patch availale

The short version:
    • The Dx7 client did not equire an ndGUI update.
    • For the Dx9 Open Beta client you need to install v4.3.4.5 Core/Theme, then patch it with the v4.3.4.6b Open Beta patch.

For details and download location, see the first post of the thread.

On a related note: the mouse pointer problem reported a bit above was probably caused by the feature (apparently) having been pulled from the Open Beta version compared to the last TestLive prior to the 18.8.0 rollout (or in 18.8.1), since that option is now commented out in 18.8.1, but still was in in the 4.3.4.6_TL patch, so you could enable something that was not supposed to be available to begin with.

So I have a new issue. I love the ndGUI but the new engine has enabled me to play at 2560x1680 and the text in the info window is just too small. Is there a way to modify the text size for the info window (even more the the what is in the ndGUI_Config_Tool.cmd) and or even to scale the entire gui up by about 15%?
    Last edited by Nevaru; Jul 19th, 2015 at 15:45:04.

As it turns out, there is one larger font size defined for GUI text, but it doesn't look particularily good (mildly put). You can test how it looks like by opening the custom GUI folder from the AO launcher/settings, then going to ..\ndGUI\Views and opening InfoView.xml with a plaintext editor. Then find the font="LARGE" (or font="MEDIUM") part, change it to font="HUGE" then save the file.

As for the rest of the GUI, since most of it is drawn from bitmap files in a fixed 1:1 scale, the only way to change the size would be to redo the entire theme(s) by scaling up all the textures in it in some way that doesn't introduce rescaling artifacts, or make completely new textures that are created to be larger to begin with. That's 260 files times six times however many new resolution options should there be, equals far more time than I'd ever have, not to mention the part where I'm not good at graphical work to begin with. And then there are a lot of "hardcoded" parts which are not even based on the size of the textures, so those could not be changed even then.
    Last edited by Honorbound; Jul 19th, 2015 at 18:50:25.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast